Miltary
Army
Current Ride
Velocity Blue F350 Diesel with Sport & Ultimate package
Current Ride #2
20 Explorer / 18 Indian Chieftain Limited / 19 Can-Am Defender XMR
First Responder
Volunteer Firefighter
Iv never had mudflaps on a truck. Can anyone who lives in snow country chime in. I wonder how well they do in the snow. What i mean by that is ability to hold up to snow build up/ice from driving down the road.

Doerrby

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F350 Lariat Tremor
Iv never had mudflaps on a truck. Can anyone who lives in snow country chime in. I wonder how well they do in the snow. What i mean by that is ability to hold up to snow build up/ice from driving down the road.
Had em on my last 350. Driving around on roads no problem. Driving on a frozen lake with rock hard snow banks, not so good. Going without on my tremor

2020Tremor

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
8.1l Burb
I ran rock tamers on my last Super Duty and am waiting for the 3" center hub to arrive so I can use them with the Tremor when towing. They provide plenty of protection for towed items and are easily removed when not needed.
I used to run those on my F150 and worked great on the highway or decent gravel roads. Didn’t work so well on rutted roads, would drag a lot and spit more rocks than they deflected. I ended up modifying them to mount to the bumper for quick removal when getting to the bad roads. I will eventually do the same for the Tremor. For now I will just run the factory installed splash guards.

Patriot

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Miltary
USAF Gulf War Vet
Current Ride
6.7 liter Tremor
First Responder
Retired LEO
Last edited:

RickLB

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Miltary
Retired Army
Current Ride
2020 F-250 Platinum Tremor

purduesd

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Platty 6.7 Tremor
Not a fan of the look of mudflaps. But with what my 1/2 mile gravel drive does to my vehicles. I learned they are a necessary evil. And these duratracs are some of the worst tires I've had for picking up rocks. (limestone gravel). Hopefully they wear in a bit after some miles and stop grabbing every stone.

I found I can get away with just the front flaps on my last truck. Hopefully the new truck is the same. I ran husky last time, but went with weathertech based on feedback of both brands here. Just ordered a pair last night.

Patriot

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Miltary
USAF Gulf War Vet
Current Ride
6.7 liter Tremor
First Responder
Retired LEO
Not a fan of the look of mudflaps. But with what my 1/2 mile gravel drive does to my vehicles. I learned they are a necessary evil. And these duratracs are some of the worst tires I've had for picking up rocks. (limestone gravel). Hopefully they wear in a bit after some miles and stop grabbing every stone.

I found I can get away with just the front flaps on my last truck. Hopefully the new truck is the same. I ran husky last time, but went with weathertech based on feedback of both brands here. Just ordered a pair last night.

I know what you mean, I am going to be pulling our 2020 Legacy Elite ll Oliver Travel Trailer. So flaps are a must. I am getting 10 mil XPEL paint protection installed on the Oliver front and quarter panels to help with road rash.

Attachments

• 5B6936DD-6904-4A7F-A336-C97A826B5841.jpeg
    5B6936DD-6904-4A7F-A336-C97A826B5841.jpeg
    390.1 KB · Views: 25

aryaagahi

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor Lariat Sport 7.3 Iconic Silver
I reversed leveled it to an 1-1/2" rake.
Maybe dumb question but how did you do that, what’s needed and what do they do to make that happen
Thanks

aryaagahi

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
I ordered them with mine. They really do help prevent all that dirt and mud on wet days from slinging everywhere. I think the ones from the factory are nice and not overly done.
How do they hold up when treading through deep water

aryaagahi

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
I put the weathertech ones on my Tremor. They fit perfectly, do the job, and don't stand out much at all.
they are way cheaper than the oem ones.
How easy was install, did you have to remove any bolts? and do the weathertech require clips like the oem ones?
it looks like the weathertech conceal better than the oem actually

TexasTremor

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2006 F-350 6.0
I know what you mean, I am going to be pulling our 2020 Legacy Elite ll Oliver Travel Trailer. So flaps are a must. I am getting 10 mil XPEL paint protection installed on the Oliver front and quarter panels to help with road rash.
That is a sharp looking trailer!! i have never heard of them. I will have to check them out on the interweb.

Jonnyguitar

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
7.3 F250 Tremor King Ranch
they are way cheaper than the oem ones.
How easy was install, did you have to remove any bolts? and do the weathertech require clips like the oem ones?
it looks like the weathertech conceal better than the oem actually
They were pretty easy to install. I just had to remove them from my original Tremor, and have to install on the new one. No drilling. You do remove a couple of plugs and bolts but they fit perfectly with no modifications. If you save the few removed parts you could reverse the process and have it original.

Warpath

Lobber of midgets
Reaction Points
Miltary
U.S. Army
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor
Current Ride #2
2020 Shelby GT500
Did these require any drilling? Are you happy with them so far?
They look good!
Just took delivery today of my new Tremor and my dealer ordered the factory molded mud flaps to install next Tuesday.
Thanks for any feedback.
I'm not 100% sure, they came from the factory installed so i'm not sure if they had to drill any holes.

Warpath

Lobber of midgets
Reaction Points
Miltary
U.S. Army
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor
Current Ride #2
2020 Shelby GT500
Maybe dumb question but how did you do that, what’s needed and what do they do to make that happen
Thanks

Not at all, if you never done it. Basically you remove the rear block under the leaf springs and replace it with the lower block to level it with the front. What you need is a Jack, torque wrench, lower block, hand tools and shorter U bolts.

aryaagahi

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Not at all, if you never done it. Basically you remove the rear block under the leaf springs and replace it with the lower block to level it with the front. What you need is a Jack, torque wrench, lower block, hand tools and shorter U bolts.
nice so now its 1.5" rake and when towing it sits level?

Warpath

Lobber of midgets
Reaction Points
Miltary
U.S. Army
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor
Current Ride #2
2020 Shelby GT500
nice so now its 1.5" rake and when towing it sits level?
NO, it's about 1" lower in the rear when my trailer is hooked up. I'm going to install yellow sumo spring to help with that.

aryaagahi

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
NO, it's about 1" lower in the rear when my trailer is hooked up. I'm going to install yellow sumo spring to help with that.
dang, so normal driving its 1.5" lower in the front right now?

Warpath

Lobber of midgets
Reaction Points
Miltary
U.S. Army
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor
Current Ride #2
2020 Shelby GT500
dang, so normal driving its 1.5" lower in the front right now?

No, just when i have my trailer hooked up to my receiver. Normal driving it's fine.

Kgorman

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Lariat Tremor 7.3
Anyone know the part #'s for stock mudflaps?

CountryTremor

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Miltary
Retired Army
Current Ride
F250 7.3L Lariat Sport / Ultimate / Tremor Package - Rapid Red
Anyone know the part #'s for stock mudflaps?

Ford Stock Mud Flaps Part Number: VHC3Z - 16A550-F: Price $239.00 (Front Pair)
VHC3Z - 16A550-N: Price $239.00 (Rear Pair)

I wasn't sure I'd like them prior to installation. But now I'm glad I installed them.

1607462742629.png

1607462865740.png

1607463002681.png