Mud flaps/ Splash guards on a tremor

Iv never had mudflaps on a truck. Can anyone who lives in snow country chime in. I wonder how well they do in the snow. What i mean by that is ability to hold up to snow build up/ice from driving down the road.

Iv never had mudflaps on a truck. Can anyone who lives in snow country chime in. I wonder how well they do in the snow. What i mean by that is ability to hold up to snow build up/ice from driving down the road.
Had em on my last 350. Driving around on roads no problem. Driving on a frozen lake with rock hard snow banks, not so good. Going without on my tremor

I ran rock tamers on my last Super Duty and am waiting for the 3" center hub to arrive so I can use them with the Tremor when towing. They provide plenty of protection for towed items and are easily removed when not needed.
I used to run those on my F150 and worked great on the highway or decent gravel roads. Didn’t work so well on rutted roads, would drag a lot and spit more rocks than they deflected. I ended up modifying them to mount to the bumper for quick removal when getting to the bad roads. I will eventually do the same for the Tremor. For now I will just run the factory installed splash guards.

Last edited:

Not a fan of the look of mudflaps. But with what my 1/2 mile gravel drive does to my vehicles. I learned they are a necessary evil. And these duratracs are some of the worst tires I've had for picking up rocks. (limestone gravel). Hopefully they wear in a bit after some miles and stop grabbing every stone.

I found I can get away with just the front flaps on my last truck. Hopefully the new truck is the same. I ran husky last time, but went with weathertech based on feedback of both brands here. Just ordered a pair last night.

Not a fan of the look of mudflaps. But with what my 1/2 mile gravel drive does to my vehicles. I learned they are a necessary evil. And these duratracs are some of the worst tires I've had for picking up rocks. (limestone gravel). Hopefully they wear in a bit after some miles and stop grabbing every stone.

I found I can get away with just the front flaps on my last truck. Hopefully the new truck is the same. I ran husky last time, but went with weathertech based on feedback of both brands here. Just ordered a pair last night.

I know what you mean, I am going to be pulling our 2020 Legacy Elite ll Oliver Travel Trailer. So flaps are a must. I am getting 10 mil XPEL paint protection installed on the Oliver front and quarter panels to help with road rash.

Attachments

• 5B6936DD-6904-4A7F-A336-C97A826B5841.jpeg
    5B6936DD-6904-4A7F-A336-C97A826B5841.jpeg
    390.1 KB · Views: 68
I ordered them with mine. They really do help prevent all that dirt and mud on wet days from slinging everywhere. I think the ones from the factory are nice and not overly done.
How do they hold up when treading through deep water

I put the weathertech ones on my Tremor. They fit perfectly, do the job, and don't stand out much at all.
they are way cheaper than the oem ones.
How easy was install, did you have to remove any bolts? and do the weathertech require clips like the oem ones?
it looks like the weathertech conceal better than the oem actually

I know what you mean, I am going to be pulling our 2020 Legacy Elite ll Oliver Travel Trailer. So flaps are a must. I am getting 10 mil XPEL paint protection installed on the Oliver front and quarter panels to help with road rash.
That is a sharp looking trailer!! i have never heard of them. I will have to check them out on the interweb.

they are way cheaper than the oem ones.
How easy was install, did you have to remove any bolts? and do the weathertech require clips like the oem ones?
it looks like the weathertech conceal better than the oem actually
They were pretty easy to install. I just had to remove them from my original Tremor, and have to install on the new one. No drilling. You do remove a couple of plugs and bolts but they fit perfectly with no modifications. If you save the few removed parts you could reverse the process and have it original.

Did these require any drilling? Are you happy with them so far?
They look good!
Just took delivery today of my new Tremor and my dealer ordered the factory molded mud flaps to install next Tuesday.
Thanks for any feedback.
I'm not 100% sure, they came from the factory installed so i'm not sure if they had to drill any holes.

Maybe dumb question but how did you do that, what’s needed and what do they do to make that happen
Thanks

Not at all, if you never done it. Basically you remove the rear block under the leaf springs and replace it with the lower block to level it with the front. What you need is a Jack, torque wrench, lower block, hand tools and shorter U bolts.

Not at all, if you never done it. Basically you remove the rear block under the leaf springs and replace it with the lower block to level it with the front. What you need is a Jack, torque wrench, lower block, hand tools and shorter U bolts.
nice so now its 1.5" rake and when towing it sits level?

Anyone know the part #'s for stock mudflaps?

Ford Stock Mud Flaps Part Number: VHC3Z - 16A550-F: Price $239.00 (Front Pair)
VHC3Z - 16A550-N: Price $239.00 (Rear Pair)

I wasn't sure I'd like them prior to installation. But now I'm glad I installed them.

1607462742629.png

1607462865740.png

1607463002681.png

Back