IGLA Anti-theft device

Does the phone need to be unlocked and you have to open the app and press a button to deactivate or does simply having the phone, locked and in your pocket also deactivate?
The latter is supposed to be how it works, as long as the app didn't time out in the background, which is a normal part of iOS. Android may be better in this regard.

The app is pretty easy. Open it up, activate the unlock and then close app. It will run in the background on your phone for about a week. Around that point the app will time out and you'd then have to go back into the app to re-activate it for another week.

You can go into the app at anytime and turn it off so it doesn't disarm the IGLA. It is really a one button app... Arm/disarm with a tap on the icon in the middle.

When activated, it deactivates the IGLA when you're approaching the vehicle (within 5 - 6 feet).

Here's a screenshot with it active (orange around the middle)

1000009520.jpg

With the app deactivated:
1000009521.jpg

The app is pretty easy. Open it up, activate the unlock and then close app. It will run in the background on your phone for about a week. Around that point the app will time out and you'd then have to go back into the app to re-activate it for another week.

You can go into the app at anytime and turn it off so it doesn't disarm the IGLA. It is really a one button app... Arm/disarm with a tap on the icon in the middle.

When activated, it deactivates the IGLA when you're approaching the vehicle (within 5 - 6 feet).

Here's a screenshot with it active (orange around the middle)

View attachment 148247

With the app deactivated:
View attachment 148248
Thanks for the info

I’ve been going back and forth vs ravelco; I’m almost certain I'm going igla
The lack of remote start with ravelco put me over the edge to go with igla.
Now I just need a truck produced and delivered!

Question for the IGLA gurus then , cruising around the internet, I see boxed systems one marked pro and one as per the igla website- is there a difference? Full disclosure there is now a installer in San Antonio and I want to make sure that I’m not missing anything, I get installed on Saturday.

Thanks in advance
T

Question for the IGLA gurus then , cruising around the internet, I see boxed systems one marked pro and one as per the igla website- is there a difference? Full disclosure there is now a installer in San Antonio and I want to make sure that I’m not missing anything, I get installed on Saturday.

Thanks in advance
Tim
Hello who installs the IGLA in San Antonio?

My Igla is being installed today, it isn't cheap but the peace of mind sure will be nice. These trucks are just too high of a theft item in Texas and we are not always around to prevent them from being stolen.

My wife picked my truck up yesterday from Earmark Car Audio in Plano TX for me yesterday, they are an authorized Igla installer in the DFW area should anyone be interested, the gentleman I worked with there is Johnny and was very pleasant to work with. Anyways, she thinks the system is pretty slick, sure hope she remembers the button sequence when I get home in a few weeks lol. They did put the app on her phone and she related that it worked perfectly, I'll have to put it on my phone when I get back. Thankfully we have already transferred the mission to our replacements and have started the long journey back.

My wife picked my truck up yesterday from Earmark Car Audio in Plano TX for me yesterday, they are an authorized Igla installer in the DFW area should anyone be interested, the gentleman I worked with there is Johnny and was very pleasant to work with. Anyways, she thinks the system is pretty slick, sure hope she remembers the button sequence when I get home in a few weeks lol. They did put the app on her phone and she related that it worked perfectly, I'll have to put it on my phone when I get back. Thankfully we have already transferred the mission to our replacements and have started the long journey back.
Thank you for your service. Safe travels back to the states.

IGLA. It is supposed to work on the 24s?! Maybe it is just my installer?!

He came out this morning to install it. 2 hours later he just knocked on the door. He needs to get my truck "scanned" to get the proper firmware for the higher trim level. It will then take several weeks before the firmware is ready and he can come back.

That was the same situation with my 2022.

Anyone here who has it already on a 2024? What trim level is yours?

Argh. Frustrating. I want to be able to sleep at night lol

Man, not that I am tracking, or at least they didn't say anything? I do know they had already done a few 23's and at least one 24 before I took mine. I will not arrive home until the end of this week or beginning of next but they demonstrated it to my wife and she said it worked just like they said it would.

IGLA. It is supposed to work on the 24s?! Maybe it is just my installer?!

He came out this morning to install it. 2 hours later he just knocked on the door. He needs to get my truck "scanned" to get the proper firmware for the higher trim level. It will then take several weeks before the firmware is ready and he can come back.

That was the same situation with my 2022.

Anyone here who has it already on a 2024? What trim level is yours?

Argh. Frustrating. I want to be able to sleep at night lol
Who was the installer ? Francisco from LA area? I’ve been contacting two IGLA installers in SoCal (Francisco and Jon) and they all responded that IGLA will work on our 2024 F350.

Yeah, Francisco. Said the same thing via email. I just talked to him a little bit ago (he is still here) and he said he has done an XLT and a KR. I am not sure what "scanning my truck" all includes. He said if they can read the right areas he may be able to complete the install today - otherwise it has to go to engineering. I assume they pull down the software/firmware. Two guys just arrived a little bit ago. Keeping my fingers crossed that he can make it work today, but I am concerned that this turns out to be a no-go. The same happened with my 2022 F250 Lariat, and he responded a few times in the following weeks, but apparently, IGLA engineering needed 6+ months or more to fix it. I went the Ravelco route instead after waiting 4 weeks. Ravelco works, but I would prefer not having to schlepp that big a$$ dongle around all the time.

I understand. Hopefully IGLA will work on our trucks. Keep us posted.

@Chris-DTA
btw, this is what asked the other SoCal installer (Jon) and his response:

me: Do you know or can confirm if IGLA has updated the software for the 2023-2024 Ford Super Duty F-350 trucks?
I saw the posting on the forum about the limited functionality of the IGLA system on the 23-24 Ford Super Duties (limited functionality were - shock, motion, tilt sensors, and transmission lock and also the carjack mode) back in June 2023 and wanted to confirm before I pull the trigger on IGLA. Thank you.

Jon: The main features of the IGLA system for the F350 would be using a custom pin-code, engine start inhibit, and engine shutdown for protection in remote start. This is based on the latest firmware for the Super Duty.

me: Could you elaborate on "engine shutdown for protection in remote start" ? be able to use the remote start function, along with Ford pass functions of remote engine start and open/ lock door functions?

Jon: Yes, you will be able to maintain all OEM functions. When remote started, the engine will shutdown when shifting into gear before being authorizing IGLA.

You know, they did ask if mine was a diesel right off the bat, said the gas models were an issue. Yours is gas if I remember correctly?

Nevermind, just saw your signature. That might be what is holding you up.

@Chris-DTA
btw, this is what asked the other SoCal installer (Jon) and his response:

me: Do you know or can confirm if IGLA has updated the software for the 2023-2024 Ford Super Duty F-350 trucks?
I saw the posting on the forum about the limited functionality of the IGLA system on the 23-24 Ford Super Duties (limited functionality were - shock, motion, tilt sensors, and transmission lock and also the carjack mode) back in June 2023 and wanted to confirm before I pull the trigger on IGLA. Thank you.

Jon: The main features of the IGLA system for the F350 would be using a custom pin-code, engine start inhibit, and engine shutdown for protection in remote start. This is based on the latest firmware for the Super Duty.

me: Could you elaborate on "engine shutdown for protection in remote start" ? be able to use the remote start function, along with Ford pass functions of remote engine start and open/ lock door functions?

Jon: Yes, you will be able to maintain all OEM functions. When remote started, the engine will shutdown when shifting into gear before being authorizing IGLA.
Interesting. That is plenty for me, but would be nice if those other features follow one day. Main key for me is - the truck is parked in the driveway when I wake up or when I leave it somewhere to go shopping or out for dinner.

Latest Discussions

Back