IGLA Anti-theft device

Obviously goal #1 is keeping the truck where its parked. Ravelco seems to do this perfectly. I would like (but could live without) to keep as much functionality as possible, such as remote start, which goes to IGLA. My biggest hold out with either of them os there effect on reliability in the future. Ravelco is fairly invasive and i have concern with any type of splicing (I dont know what they use). IGLA seems largely software based which has its own concerns, not to mention support is from a distant country at the center of some rocky geopolitics.
Based on the above what I will offer is, I have had my Revelco installed almost 2 years, no issues. The shop I use has coordinated over 100 installs in last 2 years, no issues. I see you are from Washington, so summer remote start should not be an issue, and winter could be. To me that is a caveat I am willing to live with. Me, I'm not well versed or comfortable on software based electronics, therefore I like what I have. I don't have a clue what if any "hack" protections IGLA have in place but I would assume 🤔 it's possible.
Another note about being from WA: there’s no Ravelco installers here. So that means for Ravelco you have to:
  • Pay by snail mailing a check.
  • Get it installed by a non-Ravelco installer. Could be good or bad, as they won’t be experienced with it but it can be a mechanic you already know and trust.
  • Have to go through Ravelco directly for warranty. Given they’re setup as a distributor primarily, this may not be as smooth as going through an installer.
None of these are necessarily deal breakers, but want to make sure you’re aware of them.
 
Another note about being from WA: there’s no Ravelco installers here. So that means for Ravelco you have to:
  • Pay by snail mailing a check.
  • Get it installed by a non-Ravelco installer. Could be good or bad, as they won’t be experienced with it but it can be a mechanic you already know and trust.
  • Have to go through Ravelco directly for warranty. Given they’re setup as a distributor primarily, this may not be as smooth as going through an installer.
None of these are necessarily deal breakers, but want to make sure you’re aware of them.
I should also note that if you go to an official Ravelco installer in another state, you lose your warranty. So traveling for official install isn’t an option.

I have no idea why this policy is in place.
 
Can it still be started using FordPass? Or is that disabled too?
With Ravelco you cannot use any remote start features as it is a kill switch so the starter won't work without the key inserted. With the IGLA all remote functions are available.

If you don't use remote start, I suggest getting the Ravelco as it is about 1/2 the cost of the IGLA. If you want to maintain remote start, then then IGLA is the way to go. Both are solid products, so just really depends on this factor.
 
Can it still be started using FordPass? Or is that disabled too?
No, with the physical plug removed, it won’t start. Period.

There in lies the pro (can’t be started even if the FOB is cloned, etc.), but the con being, remote start convenience is disabled. However, I can still use Ford Pass to remotely unlock or lock it. Just not start it.

Living in TX with the truck theft issues, it’s more important to me to keep it physically there, even if a window was smashed and break-in occur.
 
I should also note that if you go to an official Ravelco installer in another state, you lose your warranty. So traveling for official install isn’t an option.

I have no idea why this policy is in place.
Maybe to protect the installers in said state who invested in becoming a ravelco installer ?
 
  • Like
Reactions: ccw
FWIW, I have/had Ravelco on four different vehicles. Living in TX means more hot than cold. I wear fishing shirts most of the year and haven’t ever had an issue keeping the plug with me (I don’t notice it anymore than a key fob). Yes, remote start is gone, but when I approach the truck, I do the double-unlock and hold the button which lowers all the windows and begins letting the bad heat out. Not as effective as remote start to cool it, obviously, but it does help. In all four vehicles the last six years I’ve used Ravelco, I haven’t had a single problem/issue. My Land Cruiser has 227k miles on it, our Expedtion 107k miles and my ‘22 250 Tremor a measly 20k miles. :)

I have no experience with IGLA, so I can’t comment on that system.
So the A/C on a remote start does not cool that well anyway, I don't miss the remote start, like the peace of mind Revelco gives me!
 
I should also note that if you go to an official Ravelco installer in another state, you lose your warranty. So traveling for official install isn’t an option.

I have no idea why this policy is in place.
I'm confused as to what warranty is lost? Please elaborate, thanks 😊.
 
Another note about being from WA: there’s no Ravelco installers here. So that means for Ravelco you have to:
  • Pay by snail mailing a check.
  • Get it installed by a non-Ravelco installer. Could be good or bad, as they won’t be experienced with it but it can be a mechanic you already know and trust.
  • Have to go through Ravelco directly for warranty. Given they’re setup as a distributor primarily, this may not be as smooth as going through an installer.
None of these are necessarily deal breakers, but want to make sure you’re aware of them.
Seeing that you are from Washington as well, do you have either of these systems? If so how/where did you get them installed? I know theres an IGLA dealer in WA. As far as ravelco, it looks like idaho is the nearest. I actually ordered from a dealer in Idaho, so pending the warranty info I may try and get it done when I pick up the truck.
 
Seeing that you are from Washington as well, do you have either of these systems? If so how/where did you get them installed? I know theres an IGLA dealer in WA. As far as ravelco, it looks like idaho is the nearest. I actually ordered from a dealer in Idaho, so pending the warranty info I may try and get it done when I pick up the truck.
I have neither system.

Looked into Ravelco, but it was lighting up all my warning flags with how they do business when they don’t have an installer in the state. Nothing about:
  • Snail mail us a check, and it cannot require a signature upon delivery
  • If you try to go to an installer out of state the installer shouldn’t work with you in the first place and, if they do, we’ll write you off as a customer and provide you no support.
Sounds legitimate or OK. Obviously there are many happy customers out there, but when your gut is yelling at you sometimes you need to listen.

My gut feel with IGLA is also off, so I’m listening to it. A part of it is the technology. Comes with benefits but, as you said, it’s also a concern. The biggest issue with IGLA for me is that it’s a Russian-based company and there’s a real possibility that company ceases to be able to do business in the US long term. That sketches me out when the product is so deeply integrated into the truck.

Combine those with the fact truck theft in WA and nearby states doesn’t seem particularly bad (compared to, say, Texas) and it became very deprioritized for me.
 
Seeing that you are from Washington as well, do you have either of these systems? If so how/where did you get them installed? I know theres an IGLA dealer in WA. As far as ravelco, it looks like idaho is the nearest. I actually ordered from a dealer in Idaho, so pending the warranty info I may try and get it done when I pick up the truck.
No idea where the idea came from that you can’t have a Ravelco installed in a state other than where you reside for warranty purposes. This is the first I’ve ever heard of it, and makes no sense on its face where the buyer state has no installers. I live in California, and when I had it installed in Kansas last year, both the company and the installer had no issues with where I resided. The issue never came up, and they were aware of my home state when we did billing, registration, and a subsequent follow up for a third fob. Sounds like bad intel to me.
 
No idea where the idea came from that you can’t have a Ravelco installed in a state other than where you reside for warranty purposes. This is the first I’ve ever heard of it, and makes no sense on its face where the buyer state has no installers. I live in California, and when I had it installed in Kansas last year, both the company and the installer had no issues with where I resided. The issue never came up, and they were aware of my home state when we did billing, registration, and a subsequent follow up for a third fob. Sounds like bad intel to me.
Maybe their policy changed in the last two years?

I got it in an email directly from Ravelco. I got that email after sending them an email, per the instructions on their site when their dealer search tool returned no results for WA.
 
No idea where the idea came from that you can’t have a Ravelco installed in a state other than where you reside for warranty purposes. This is the first I’ve ever heard of it, and makes no sense on its face where the buyer state has no installers. I live in California, and when I had it installed in Kansas last year, both the company and the installer had no issues with where I resided. The issue never came up, and they were aware of my home state when we did billing, registration, and a subsequent follow up for a third fob. Sounds like bad intel to me.
Maybe their policy changed in the last two years?

I got it in an email directly from Ravelco. I got that email after sending them an email, per the instructions on their site when their dealer search tool returned no results for WA.
You’ve got my curious if something changed. So I’m finding out.

Went to their site and the instructions are the same. Sent an email and will quote what I get back, when I get a response. Apparently it’s automated so I might get the response today, or might need to wait until tomorrow (business day).

Quoting the caveats from the email I received in 2021:
Please send your order by REGULAR U.S. POSTAL SERVICE MAIL ONLY. Please do not send by U.S. REGISTERED or CERTIFIED MAIL or any other delivery service that has to be signed for. If you send an order that has to be signed for, it will delay your order immensely. Plus our local United States Post Office here in Richmond, Texas will lose it. For overnight orders - please use UPS or FedEx only.

Sorry - we do not accept Credit Cards, Debit Cards, PayPal, non-US Checks or non-US Postal Money Orders.
Please Note: If you are not in a distributor's exact area or state (listed on our website) and you purchase a Ravelco from any other distributor, dealer other than us (the manufacturer) you will not be able to order extra plugs or have a warranty with your Ravelco. (Our Distributors are not allowed to sell out of their areas)
 
Well, that's a deal breaker for me. I have no installers here. Why would I pay for a system to be professionally installed by a trained tech only to lose all warranty and support? I understand that they want to protect a service
territory, but screwing the client in the process?

Looks like Ravelco is off my upgrade list. 🤨

I can't say I'm really thrilled with the IGLA system. It's my personal distrust of electrical components and software. I'm a firm believer in K.I.S.S...

Looks like I may have to compromise on that particular issue.
 
Well, that's a deal breaker for me. I have no installers here. Why would I pay for a system to be professionally installed by a trained tech only to lose all warranty and support? I understand that they want to protect a service
territory, but screwing the client in the process?

Looks like Ravelco is off my upgrade list. 🤨

I can't say I'm really thrilled with the IGLA system. It's my personal distrust of electrical components and software. I'm a firm believer in K.I.S.S...

Looks like I may have to compromise on that particular issue.
To be clear: you retain the warranty if you order it from them directly and have it installed at a shop of your choosing.

You lose the warranty if you go to an official installer out of state and have it installed.

At least that’s my reading of it.
 
Yep, that's what I figured. I'd like the peace of mind of having a tech that's experienced in the installation out them in.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ccw
If you’re still interested in them, I’d give them a call instead of an email, and explain the lack of installers in the state. 281.341.6222
I’m kind of relatively confident (😂) they will work with you to use the closest installer. And btw, the installer who did mine pinpointed which circuits they spliced in to for me, so I have that info for the future if a problem ever did crop up.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ccw
I just spoke to my installer, been a Revelco installer 8+ years, stated he is an independent contractor, and he is responsible for any warranty issues on the Revelcos he installed, and does not know of any policy concerning out of state issues. He further stated of the hundreds he has installed only had 3 warranty issues, 2 were the result of a technician who later worked on the vehicle, the other was a bad cap, and owner never tried his spare cap that functioned when tried!
 
  • Like
Reactions: ccw
I had an installer come out to my place, but the software update did fail and he said they are still working on the Super Duty. He could have installed it, but with limited functionality and no guarantee that the Super Duty would ever get a full-functioning version. So, I went the Ravelco route and I have been happy with it. The truck is still in my driveway ;-)
An installer for IGLA? He said they are still working on the Super Duty?
 
An installer for IGLA? He said they are still working on the Super Duty?
The install is usually a half day job, but mine took 3 days because my installer was working directly with the manufacturer to get the software written and tested. So my rig was the guinea pig for all the 2023+ Super Duties. My installer was putting in 12 - 14 hour days working solely on my truck with the manufacturer. If you decide to get one installed, you shouldn't have any issues at this point.
 
Back
Top Bottom