Here's a $1-million dollar question.....

HeavyAssault

I'm just here to argue over your dumb posts
Joined
Jun 25, 2020
Messages
6,314
Reaction Points
10,577
Location
(Space for rent)
Military
>>US Army<<
First Responder
Is she DAF or just ignoring me??
Current Ride #1
2022 F350 CCLB (11/2022)
Current Ride #2
2015 F350 CCLB 225k // 2006 F350 CCLB 280k
LEAVE the BS about "woke out" of this discussion. I'd like to make this more about possible opportunity over "that subject not to be spoke of" here.

Now....Nike stock is dropping like a rock. Is this going to crash and collapse??? OR does one see the silver lining 5-10 years from now?? Is it possible to destroy a company like this, or are they going to head hunt for someone at the helm to get back to profits?? China has a huge grip on them through the NBA (from what I know), I'd suspect all the sneaker-heads are foaming at the mouth thinking they are going to own "unicorns" since none will ever be made again (I can't see that really happening). Is the end of Nike FOREVER coming soon??? Or could this be "that time" to get into a world brand name on the cheap?????

:cool: :cool: 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲
 
Buy! (Like we’ve been padding our kids’ brokerage account with and the first stock I ever purchased as a kid). Nike wont fail. Their market cap is $52.4-64 billion. Uncle Phil needs to step in and set some folks straight. They’ve made bonehead marketing decisions over the last few years and it has caught up to them.

I’d love see them get back to the Nike of old.
 
Buy! (Like we’ve been padding our kids’ brokerage account with and the first stock I ever purchased as a kid). Nike wont fail. Their market cap is $52.4-64 billion. Uncle Phil needs to step in and set some folks straight. They’ve made bonehead marketing decisions over the last few years and it has caught up to them.

I’d love see them get back to the Nike of old.

Yea...that's what I was thinking. If you got some set aside for kids now, that will grow. At $35(+/-) it seems like a retail investors time to shine. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

:cool::cool:🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲
 
LEAVE the BS about "woke out" of this discussion. I'd like to make this more about possible opportunity over "that subject not to be spoke of" here.

Now....Nike stock is dropping like a rock. Is this going to crash and collapse??? OR does one see the silver lining 5-10 years from now?? Is it possible to destroy a company like this, or are they going to head hunt for someone at the helm to get back to profits?? China has a huge grip on them through the NBA (from what I know), I'd suspect all the sneaker-heads are foaming at the mouth thinking they are going to own "unicorns" since none will ever be made again (I can't see that really happening). Is the end of Nike FOREVER coming soon??? Or could this be "that time" to get into a world brand name on the cheap?????

:cool: :cool: 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲
As an investment, too volatile. As a company, it will still have the faithful based on the product line loyalty, but when a company takes a stance in any politically affected arena after a successful long term marketing strategy, it polarizes itself and could potentially lose half its clientele; a dangerous economical move that can trigger a semi-permanent slide which in turn can cause a fast sell from investors to get out from under the slide. Stay away. Maybe in the future after the stock plummets, rebranding and a marketing change may happen and then might be a good buy.
 
Here's the $1 million answer:

You asked if they are going to headhunt someone to get back to profits. They actually already did. Back in October 2024, the board ousted John Donahoe (a tech-focused CEO who pushed a flawed direct-to-consumer strategy) and brought Elliott Hill—a 30-year Nike veteran—out of retirement to fix the ship. The problem? Turnarounds of this massive size take years. By late 2026, the stock has still been getting hammered (hitting 12-year lows) because undoing years of alienated retail partnerships and stale product lines is a slow, painful process.

You're spot on about China being a massive issue, but it's not just the NBA connection. China's overall economy has been sluggish, and Chinese consumers have been aggressively shifting toward their own domestic sportswear brands like Anta and Li-Ning. Nike's revenue in China has been shrinking for a few years now. Figuring out how to win back market share in Asia without sacrificing margins is the biggest hurdle the new leadership team is facing.

Will Nike stop making hyped shoes forever? Definitely not. The sneaker market just went through a massive post-pandemic bubble, and consumers are currently fatigued. Nike made the mistake of flooding the market with too many variations of Jordans and Dunks, which temporarily killed the exclusivity. Right now, they are intentionally pulling back inventory to rebuild that "scarcity" factor. Sneakerheads aren't sitting on permanent unicorns—Nike is just resetting the board. They will always find a way to reboot the hype machine when the market is ready.

Is it the end of Nike forever. No chance. This is still a titan generating over $45 billion a year in revenue. They aren't going bankrupt. What we are seeing is the painful transition from a hyper-growth stock back to a legacy company trying to reclaim its innovation edge against competitors like Hoka, On Running, Puma, and Adidas.

If your timeline is truly 5 to 10 years, this is a classic turnaround play. You are buying a globally entrenched, world-class brand at a massive discount. However, you have to stomach the reality that the next 1 to 2 years will probably still be ugly while they rebuild wholesale relationships and develop fresh, innovative products. It’s absolutely not a collapse, but catching a falling knife requires patience. It's a marathon, not a sprint.
 
Maybe in the future after the stock plummets, rebranding and a marketing change may happen and then might be a good buy.

Depending on the date you pick its down 75% on share price. Am I right??

:cool: :cool: 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲
 
No chance. This is still a titan generating over $45 billion a year in revenue. They aren't going bankrupt. What we are seeing is the painful transition from a hyper-growth stock back to a legacy company trying to reclaim its innovation edge against competitors like Hoka, On Running, Puma, and Adidas.

My point exactly. Yeaa...maybe 1-2 years it's going to fall a bit more (maybe a lot). Now drop your coins in the machine, close your eyes for 10+ years.....how much change are you holding??? Not an easy decision for anyone who can't scrape together money for gas, but people who are smart know $20+ a month will add up and compound.

Not sure how true this is but buying a Rolex can be cheaper than buying a Starbucks coffee everyday for a year. Not to mention you can still get something back if you want to slip the Rolex off your wrist for a lift kit. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

:cool::cool:🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲
 
We can look at Anheuser-Busch InBev for reference. Over 3 years after its own debacle, stock prices are $10- $13 below the April 1st 2023 price.
So if you purchased at rock bottom after the fallout, you’d be up by $17. If you purchased April 1st or prior, you’d be in the hole.
 
The company is huge and will withstand the down turn, will they learn from it hard to say. Last month uncle Phil and his wife gave 1.1 billion to Providence hospital. As long as he’s around I wouldn’t worry about Nike going bankrupt. Might have to cut back on an endorsement or to.
 
Depending on the date you pick its down 75% on share price. Am I right??

:cool: :cool: 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲
Unsure of numbers but when I talk to my financial advisor on buying anything, there is an algorithm that triggers when to buy a falling stock. With a company this size, they won't go away but there will undoubtedly be a change. Nike isn't just shoes; they have a following in all textiles. In my opinion, companies like Hoka and Adidas aren't going to stand still, they have been branching out and will likely gain in the interim, but Nike could come back strong. It just takes a trigger, which isn't obvious (to me) right now.
 
I bought in with the CEO change. I sold a chunk of my position when it bounced awhile back. I have sell orders for the rest. I like the product, value and overall but my consumer stocks are getting crushed. Dicks I thought would do good and it’s been a disaster. TJX is my somewhat shining star. Home Depot is a dog.

Nike earnings beat today and the stock got crushed was frustrating.
 
Unsure of numbers but when I talk to my financial advisor on buying anything, there is an algorithm that triggers when to buy a falling stock. With a company this size, they won't go away but there will undoubtedly be a change. Nike isn't just shoes; they have a following in all textiles. In my opinion, companies like Hoka and Adidas aren't going to stand still, they have been branching out and will likely gain in the interim, but Nike could come back strong. It just takes a trigger, which isn't obvious (to me) right now.

I’m not an expert but in my opinion it’s a falling knife at this point. I’m selling the dead cat bounce when I can. I’m hoping to sell some AMD and will use the Nike loss against that. I think AMD is overvalued but it’s the best (and biggest now) in my portfolio.
 
VOO is a good choice... The Mag7 minus Tesla have been good to me so far. I want to buy some Snap-On since they are the smallest S&P 500 but never found a real reason to buy
 
Here's the $1 million answer:

You asked if they are going to headhunt someone to get back to profits. They actually already did. Back in October 2024, the board ousted John Donahoe (a tech-focused CEO who pushed a flawed direct-to-consumer strategy) and brought Elliott Hill—a 30-year Nike veteran—out of retirement to fix the ship. The problem? Turnarounds of this massive size take years. By late 2026, the stock has still been getting hammered (hitting 12-year lows) because undoing years of alienated retail partnerships and stale product lines is a slow, painful process.
This ☝🏻

Even for an AI generated response, not too shabby 😜
 
We can look at Anheuser-Busch InBev for reference. Over 3 years after its own debacle, stock prices are $10- $13 below the April 1st 2023 price.
So if you purchased at rock bottom after the fallout, you’d be up by $17. If you purchased April 1st or prior, you’d be in the hole.
A guy walks into a bar and looks over the menu. The bartender is a blonde, and it's her first day. He finally decides on a beer and says, "Anheuser-Busch."

She looks down and replies, "It's fine, and how's your dick?"
 
I made that mistake with Constellation Brands (Corona/Modella) down 57%. :sick: I think Sams and Molson-Coors are down a lot too. Apparently, the new generations smoke weed and vape instead of shot gunning some Keystones.
 
It's in a death spiral. It's not going to go away but it won't be the same. People have moved to other brands and the market is crowded. If you want any part of that market, buy the supply chain and the supply chain of the supply chain. Don't buy Nike direct. You'll see gain in the supply chain long before you'll see it in Nike. Plus the chain supports the industry, not just Nike.

I did the same with Oil, tech and space and my gains are in the 30-40% there vs 10-15% with the main names.
 
Back
Top Bottom