Fumoto oil pan drain valve

I would recommend the one with the right angle on it. That way the oil goes down and not out.
If you get the Short nipple there is a right angle attachment, is that what you mean?

If you get the Short nipple there is a right angle attachment, is that what you mean?
Funny you asked. Since it was 2017 that I last had to buy one I just looked again. Couldn't find a fumoto back then. Went to EZ Drain and got theirs. They have a removable hose end with a 90. It was so short I just left it on there All the time.

Funny you asked. Since it was 2017 that I last had to buy one I just looked again. Couldn't find a fumoto back then. Went to EZ Drain and got theirs. They have a removable hose end with a 90. It was so short I just left it on there All the time.
Good to know. I’m leaning toward the shorty with the attachments similar to that sort of setup

Ran these on the last 5 Super Duties. Love them and will definitely put on one my 2021. Now, if the oil filter was no mess that would be great.

Also another way to take the oil
Filter off without the mess is to take a small screwdriver or something similar and gently tap a hole in the bottom of old filter and drain all oil out into oil jug then remove filter ???

Tremor Brothers -
A beautiful sunny Carolina day, so I decided to get the (part# 106N) Fumoto valve install done. I also did a sample check on the fuel water separator. All went seamless. This will make future oil changes a clean breeze.

As promised a few pics -

E21BBC76-B5BD-4C08-8958-2C7699E3EC49.jpeg

The diesel fuel sample was clean. ??
70BC191D-0F84-4977-B616-017D2FD58D14.jpeg

Last edited:
Tremor Brothers -
A beautiful sunny Carolina day, so I decided to get the (part# 106N) Fumoto valve install done. I also did a sample check on the fuel water separator. All went seamless. This will make future oil changes a clean breeze.

As promised a few pics -

View attachment 16618

The diesel fuel sample was clean. ??
View attachment 16621
Thanks for the pics! Any reason you installed it with the lever on the bottom side?

Thanks for the pics! Any reason you installed it with the lever on the bottom side?
That’s where the lever ends up when you properly torque it when installing the 106N. If you over torque and strip the pan threads you might not end of very happy. ?

That’s where the lever ends up when you properly torque it when installing the 106N. If you over torque the threads you might not end of very happy. ?
Well that makes sense haha thanks!

Well that makes sense haha thanks!
Yep, you will see what I mean if you install the 14mm threaded 106N on the 6.7 oil pan. It would take a lot of maneuvering for that lever to come unlocked and the valve to open with two safety‘s on it.

Attachments

• 7BCB67FF-7189-46C1-8FBF-C0E7A2A499B2.png
    7BCB67FF-7189-46C1-8FBF-C0E7A2A499B2.png
    903 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
If your talking about the Fumoto valve website, they do have a valve listed for the 7.3 here is the link-

View attachment 15880

On the 7.3 , I noticed that the drain plug is in a recess. Has anyone installed this valve yet??
If not I’m thinking it needs an adapter otherwise you won’t be able to thread on the valve body due to the recessed portion that the plug sits in. I did find a solution however, EZ oil drain makes an adapter. The part # is A-107, and the valve part number is EZ-107.

They also make a small Inexpensive cap to keep dirt & debris out of the valve, opening, and it also acts like a safety drain plug that can be unscrewed by hand.
No tools required. ??

On the 7.3 , I noticed that the drain plug is in a recess. Has anyone installed this valve yet??
If not I’m thinking it needs an adapter otherwise you won’t be able to thread on the valve body due to the recessed portion that the plug sits in. I did find a solution however, EZ oil drain makes an adapter. The part # is A-107, and the valve part number is EZ-107.

They also make a small Inexpensive cap to keep dirt & debris out of the valve, opening, and it also acts like a safety drain plug that can be unscrewed by hand.
No tools required. ??

Dan,
Great note above. ????

I had the EZ on my 2017. No adapters or anything needed. Screws right in.

I’ll be the first to admit that whenever I see 7.3 I think diesel. After 16 years of the 7.3 powerstroke it’s tough for me to think gas.
Well I had my 7.3 Powerstroke for 18 years, so I kinda of like that the new motor is also a 7.3L. Even if it is a Gasser. I would love to buy a new Diesel, but I absolutely HATE all the new emissions crap that they have on them.
Its bad enough having to deal with this crap on the diesel generators at work in our group that we maintain. The issues are so bad that it has steered me away from wanting to own one for personal use. No matter how much power they make. ?

Not sure why my question wasn’t included. Where the oil comes out of the valve. Looks like very little room to attach a hose or remove the debris cap.

Not sure why my question wasn’t included. Where the oil comes out of the valve. Looks like very little room to attach a hose or remove the debris cap.
Plenty of room for the hose after you pull the cap off. The cap fits securely on the brass nipple and works great. No issues what so ever with this valve configuration. I would buy again.

For anyone using the Fumoto valve on the 6.7, is there any reason the two piece fumoto pn F106SX wouldn't work? It's 14x1.5 and apparently allows positioning of the valve.

Back