Full Screen CarPlay is here for Sync4 in my SD!

Thanks to this thread and the F150gen14 form VIN thread, I have the details and my service advisor is actually working on scheduling a time to update my 134 that has not had an update since it was delivered to me 8/17/21. Will report back if/when it finally happens.

I highly suggest that if you are trying to got to dealer to get out of OTA purgatory, you print the information about the GWM needing to be updated first and give it to the dealer... I think I may have saved a trip if I did that...

Thanks to this thread and the F150gen14 form VIN thread, I have the details and my service advisor is actually working on scheduling a time to update my 134 that has not had an update since it was delivered to me 8/17/21. Will report back if/when it finally happens.

I highly suggest that if you are trying to got to dealer to get out of OTA purgatory, you print the information about the GWM needing to be updated first and give it to the dealer... I think I may have saved a trip if I did that...
I did that with mine and it was ignored. Does anyone else on here live in the East TN area that has had success?

Anybody know how to get rid of the little picture of the truck in the upper right hand corner when you activate the front camera?

Anybody know how to get rid of the little picture of the truck in the upper right hand corner when you activate the front camera?
You can’t unfortunately.

You can’t unfortunately.
Sync Revision 934 fixed the small truck in the upper right corner when using the front camera.

IMG_4159.JPG
IMG_4158.JPG

Is it gone when only using the front camera though? I see you have 360 on.
Good question. I typically only use the 360 views. I just went out and checked. Seems the little truck still appears on some of the views while in drive or reverse and cycling through the camera view options. Rev 934 did fix the front 360 view little truck, which is what I use most often, but it appears Ford has more work to do. o_O

Attachments

• IMG_4283.JPG
    IMG_4283.JPG
    231.5 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4282.JPG
    IMG_4282.JPG
    195.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4281.JPG
    IMG_4281.JPG
    200.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4280.JPG
    IMG_4280.JPG
    213.7 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4279.JPG
    IMG_4279.JPG
    222.5 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4278.JPG
    IMG_4278.JPG
    193 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4277.JPG
    IMG_4277.JPG
    198.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4275.JPG
    IMG_4275.JPG
    202.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4273.JPG
    IMG_4273.JPG
    211.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_4272.JPG
    IMG_4272.JPG
    184.9 KB · Views: 41
I got a text yesterday and it had all the service notes. Looks like I should be good to go w SYNC and the OTA update issue.
Still waiting on them to realign my 360 camera. They're telling me they need another '22 250 to compare it to before they can do anything but don't have any available. :rolleyes: 🤦‍♂️

View attachment 139585

Well shit, this is promising. My truck is still at the dealer but the Pass app just notified me that Ford Streaming and Alexa are now available, so at least some of the updates have been successful.
I have a 24 Lariat Ultimate built early December. I haven’t had any problems with the ford pass app and it has Alexa enabled. We use Alexa quite a bit at home. For us, it’s pretty convenient to have in the truck. I like it.

I haven’t seen any APIM Sync updates on the 2023’s yet but they have about 10 modules with firmware updates in FDRS just like the 2022’s. I spent a few hours updating some 2023 F550’s over the holiday break. PCM, BCM, TCM, BCMC, cluster, upfitter on every single truck. Cluster firmware updates on 2023’s take as long as APIM updates on 2022’s. There is always going to be more updates 🤣

I have a 24 Lariat Ultimate built early December. I haven’t had any problems with the ford pass app and it has Alexa enabled. We use Alexa quite a bit at home. For us, it’s pretty convenient to have in the truck. I like it.
We use Google/Nest Home at home and neither it nor the Ford voice controls have impressed me. I'd be willing to give Alexa a shot but the thought of arguing with and constantly mf'ing another virtual assistant kinda already stresses me out. Lol

We use Google/Nest Home at home and neither it nor the Ford voice controls have impressed me. I'd be willing to give Alexa a shot but the thought of arguing with and constantly mf'ing another virtual assistant kinda already stresses me out. Lol
“Hey Siri, please play (xyz)”
•One second…please wait…I’m sorry, something went wrong”
WTF??

The problem is AI assistants today process your questions in the cloud. It’s ridiculous that I need an internet connection to get my car to play a song in my downloaded catalog. Ford should take advantage of this, but their attempt at a voice assistant on edge is even worse.

WTF??

The problem is AI assistants today process your questions in the cloud. It’s ridiculous that I need an internet connection to get my car to play a song in my downloaded catalog. Ford should take advantage of this, but their attempt at a voice assistant on edge is even worse.
Nice thing about the Apple watch Ultra 2 is the on device processing Siri with no internet required!

Nice thing about the Apple watch Ultra 2 is the on device processing Siri with no internet required!
Did not know that. I have been on the fence getting an Apple watch. I’m more of a traditionalist and see my Seamaster automatic as a work of art. But if what you say is true that one feature may tip the scales for a secondary watch.

WTF??

Omfg don't even get me started. LOL. All I want is for the damn thing to not talk to me unless I ask it a direct question (Google Home does not have a silent setting). I know if the lights turn on or off, it doesn't need to tell me at full volume at 2am unless it knows by point of access or proximity that I'm a reasonable distance from the light I'm referring to (like not in the same building). It's not like I'm gonna reward it for doing something correctly. Lights on, lights off, maybe some home/away climate control adjustments, and music throughout the house. That's it. 95% of the time it can't get any of that right.

Just picked up my truck. I'm on 934...but my nav is now all the KIP bs and I've got the little truck on the reverse camera. 🤦‍♂️

Attachments

• PXL_20240112_185846674.jpg
    PXL_20240112_185846674.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 50
  • PXL_20240112_185839444.jpg
    PXL_20240112_185839444.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 46
  • PXL_20240112_185819079.jpg
    PXL_20240112_185819079.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 48
  • PXL_20240112_185207351.jpg
    PXL_20240112_185207351.jpg