HOT! Ford Diesel Locking Fuel and DEF Caps

Interested?

  • Yes!

  • No


Results are only viewable after voting.
Yes, and each cap has its own lock cylinder.

LAeUQMW.jpg
Can you please clarify? I am in my post-lunch food coma and was not clear on whether or not the two caps would use the same key...hopefully they will.

Oh, yeah, and the FRICKIN' LAZER video was cool...Dr. Evil would be proud.
 
Can you please clarify? I am in my post-lunch food coma and was not clear on whether or not the two caps would use the same key...hopefully they will.

Oh, yeah, and the FRICKIN' LAZER video was cool...Dr. Evil would be proud.
This pic should explain the context. Same key used for both caps. 3 keys total in the 'kit'.

jT3QCVM.jpg
 
Wow these look awesome!

Can't wait for my truck to show up so I can order these up when ready :)
 
Nothing has changed from my update on the 5th. Putting miles on the truck and making CAD revisions.
I'm curious...what did you find in "testing" that required revision?
 
I'm curious...what did you find in "testing" that required revision?
Anodized growth thickness was not in spec. Also revising some geometry and making in-house assembly procedure easier.
 
Last edited:
Thank you! Would you happen to know anyone with an '11-16 6.7L truck in our area?
If you ask one more time you might get ranked with people calling about your cars extended warranty.


Kidding of course (no sarcasm font), hope you find someone.
 
Just wanted to share an update. I've been chatting with @modified so we can make the Tank Warden caps a group buy for October.

Since Tank Warden is currently only for Diesel trucks, this will be one of at least two group buys for that month. Gasoline caps 'should' be possible next year. I already have @ccw testing an older revision cap (black anodized) on his truck so the testing clock already started. So far, he has had no issues with the cap or with evap codes.

This will be a great way to launch it and gives a little extra buffer time for any more supply chain issues and to HOPEFULLY FIND an '11-16 Powerstroke truck 😂. The '11-16 thing will literally take me less than a minute to verify. Maybe a junkyard has one.

Also plan to do an Austin area Tremor meet up for September where I could demonstrate the caps in person.
 
Last edited:
So stoked for y'all to get one as well! Confirming that I've had no issues on my gas truck thus far after roughly 1000 miles with it. Also want to say that beyond locking, it's just easier/nicer to use than the factory cap!
 
Just wanted to share an update. I've been chatting with @modified so we can make the Tank Warden caps a group buy for October.

Since Tank Warden is currently only for Diesel trucks, this will be one of at least two group buys for that month. Gasoline caps 'should' be possible next year. I already have @ccw testing an older revision cap (black anodized) on his truck so the testing clock already started. So far, he has had no issues with the cap or with evap codes.

This will be a great way to launch it and gives a little extra buffer time for any more supply chain issues and to HOPEFULLY FIND an '11-16 Powerstroke truck 😂. The '11-16 thing will literally take me less than a minute to verify. Maybe a junkyard has one.

Also plan to do an Austin area Tremor meet up for September where I could demonstrate the caps in person.
Not sure if it has already been discussed. How much will they cost?
 
Not sure if it has already been discussed. How much will they cost?
That's in the air still due to the time from now until when they're released. There will be free USA shipping as well.
 
I,too, can’t wait. Great addition to an already great truck. Perfygor the 6.7.
 
@BroncoHooves Can you add your website link to your profile or somewhere easily accessible? Call me lazy, but I didn't want to go through 19 pages of posts to find it lol.
 
Back
Top Bottom