dull thumping sound

Hemmi06

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F350 CrewCab
First Responder
Sheriff Deputy
I had something similar. I traced to bottom of front springs rubbing/thumping in lower “bucket”. I got it to stop by placing piece of thick rubber under side of spring touching bucket. Fixed noise till rubber fell out. I could duplicate the noise by turning 25degrees and slight change in elevation up front.

Now I know what it is and it does not worry me much.

You can see rub marks on bottom of front springs, they might just be this.

Thunder

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F-250 Lariat
I have a 21 platty tremor with 11K miles on it now. The truck runs and drives great, no complaints with it except that it has developed a dull thumping sound under the truck in the last couple thousand miles. I only notice it at low speeds while driving over bumps. I think its in the front end but the truck seems to transmit sounds through the frame so its hard to pinpoint exactly where the noise is coming from. I don't hear it at higher speeds but I think it's there but masked by road noise. The dealership did a quick look at the truck (whatever that's worth) at the last oil change and said everything looks good to them in the front end. Anyone else have any experience with this or know where I should look first?
I had a thump or clunk sound. Check your shocks . Make sure they’re mounted up tight . My left drivers side was found loose.

22 Zogilla

Tremor Newbie
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F250 Tremor 7.3
Hello all. New to the form, first post. I picked up my 22 F250 gasser a couple months ago. It has about 2200 miles on it. And I’ve been noticing the sound basically since day 1. No body else seems to be able to hear, or feel it. Nice to know I’m not just hearing things. I also notice it in similar circumstances. Under 20mph over slight pavement imperfections. Mine seems to be coming from the rear. I can almost feel it in the floor. I’m going to investigate the spare tire and surrounding areas tomorrow morning.

Reactions: ccw

donmatteo

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 Ford Tremor
I had a thump or clunk sound. Check your shocks . Make sure they’re mounted up tight . My left drivers side was found loose.
I had it since day one on my 2022. When I had the Carli installed at 1100, it went away. Tells me something suspension related.

Modman

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F250 Star White Lariat Ultimate
I’m going to investigate the spare tire

Notable that people with both 7.3 and 6.7 are experiencing this. Exhaust wouldn't be my prime thought - I would focus on areas of similarity. Front suspension, steering, etc. Spare tire is a good thought. If there is not enough preload on the hanger spring you can still move the tire around with minimal force, although it is snug in position.

From the manual:

"The wrench will become harder to turn and
the spare tire winch will ratchet or slip
when the tire is raised to maximum
tightness. You will hear a clicking sound
from the winch indicating that the tire
is properly stowed, tighten until a
minimum of three clicks are heard.
Check that the tire lies flat against the
frame and is secure."

It would be an easy to check to perform on a suspect vehicle.

Reactions: ccw
Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge