Dealer is replacing the Tires??

Thanks again everyone for posting your experiences as it makes the story from the dealer more credible. I will certainly be test driving before I sign.

I glad folks have been happy with Toyo as well and specifically the A/T II, as that will likely be along the lines of what they purchased given they closely align with the OEM’s. Still waiting to hear.

I will post the outcome and pics of the new tires likely by Friday.

thanks again everyone.
good luck and enjoy that new ride I am sure you will!!!!!! :cool:

I'd be glad to have the duratracs gone. They are by far the WORST tire I have driven on.

I think I would ask to drive it...

THIS. I would insist on driving it myself before they touch anything.

I don't mind the Duratracs. For western Washington, they're pretty good offroad and part of me likes that my rig looks like a Forest Service truck with pizza cutter tires.

I maybe one of the few but I love my Duratracs , I heard depending on the model the Toyos are better so you may be getting a free upgrade. My alignment guy ( independent shop) hates Goodyears. I plan to wear mine out then make a size change ( taller) and probably a different brand.
So far so good for the Duracraps and me.
Dura Tracs were on my 04 F250 No problems at all

Love my Cooper STT Pros........Made in Murica!!

Have to admit, I really do not have any complaints with the Goodyears, since they broke in.

I'd be glad to have the duratracs gone. They are by far the WORST tire I have driven on.
Then you haven’t run Hankooks. I have to admit am not the biggest Goodforayear fan but the Duratracs are much better than the other Goodforayears I have owned. Actually have decent off-road traction. With the early winter weather they are doing surprisingly well. Only have 4300 miles on mine but no major complaints so far. I have a few friends that swear by them for all around driving and long life under heavy use. I have not had any wandering issues and keep rear at 80PSI since hauling 50% of the time and gave up adjusting tire pressure loaded and unloaded years ago. I have read a lot of good things on the Toyo but my only experience with Toyo was in the MTs years ago and they did well for what they were.

Last edited:
I had the same issues when I first test drove my truck. Something didn't feel right at all. Now that I have 2500 miles the trucks rides very well at 75mph+, and very little wandering.

I'll wear these tires out unless I decide on new wheels, but my next ones will be BFGs or Coopers.

UPDATE***

Picked up my truck Yesterday afternoon (it freekin' AWESOME) and go figure, they realized the issue was the "wearing in" of the tires and decided not to buy me new Toyo's. They said I could reduce the tire pressure in the rear and all would be fine.

Drove the truck home over 150 miles with no issues and mostly 70+ mph with 75 psi in the rear. I will be going with 60 psi all around until I tow or haul.

I really appreciate all the comments and discussion here as it helped me understand these great trucks even more.

I am super stoked... just sayin... :):cool:(y)

UPDATE***

Picked up my truck Yesterday afternoon (it freekin' AWESOME) and go figure, they realized the issue was the "wearing in" of the tires and decided not to buy me new Toyo's. They said I could reduce the tire pressure in the rear and all would be fine.

Drove the truck home over 150 miles with no issues and mostly 70+ mph with 75 psi in the rear. I will be going with 60 psi all around until I tow or haul.

I really appreciate all the comments and discussion here as it helped me understand these great trucks even more.

I am super stoked... just sayin... :):cool:(y)
Congratulations on the truck dammit we almost had those tires in the boat
D81EBB47-83BD-4E2F-B333-7D06BC030E76.png

Back