Miltary
Army
Current Ride
'21 Antimatter Blue 7.3L Ultimate Lariat Blackout Tremor
Current Ride #2
'88 Bronco
First Responder
LEO
When I looked at my co workers KR truck the vinyl floor feels and looks the same as my Lariat other than his has the KR logos in the floor where mine say Ford. If they are a different material we could not tell the difference. His also came with floor mats where mine did not without spending extra and thinking that is why was called premium. Here is a Lariat floor pic. Worth getting the carpet delete or vinyl floor option depending on your trim in my opinion.
View attachment 15723
osha-hazardous-material-sign-one-31668_1000.gif

SuperNewbie

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
19’ F250
Current Ride #2
21’ F350
So, was this just a clogged drain that you could blow out yourself or was this a leaky seal that needed replacing?
Bought the truck off the lot brand new, no miles. First heavy rain 😞, I interrogated my wife that she had to of left the sunroof cracked open. The truck was a mess. Water everywhere! Headliner stained and shit. I was heartbroken. I had no idea about this poor drainage design at this point. This happened around 4th of July 2020 and I had no time to bring the truck in as I was going camping a couple days later and needed the truck. A couple weeks later, it happened again. Not as bad this time.. (the pictures I posted). I brought to dealer and they said they cleaned the drains out. Won’t happen again, wish I could say that fixed it... the dude said, “not sure where you park it but it had a lot of debris. I’d like to go on, but I don’t wanna relive all this again. Needless to say my 2021 f350 is in production.

SuperNewbie

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
19’ F250
Current Ride #2
21’ F350
Bought the truck off the lot brand new, no miles. First heavy rain 😞, I interrogated my wife that she had to of left the sunroof cracked open. The truck was a mess. Water everywhere! Headliner stained and shit. I was heartbroken. I had no idea about this poor drainage design at this point. This happened around 4th of July 2020 and I had no time to bring the truck in as I was going camping a couple days later and needed the truck. A couple weeks later, it happened again. Not as bad this time.. (the pictures I posted). I brought to dealer and they said they cleaned the drains out. Won’t happen again, wish I could say that fixed it... the dude said, “not sure where you park it but it had a lot of debris. I’d like to go on, but I don’t wanna relive all this again. Needless to say my 2021 f350 is in production.
I have noticed that if I park in such a way where the water runs off the back of the truck into the bed, no issue. When the water runs down one of the A pillars, river city. Sorry guys, I’m a ford fan and I hope this is a fluke. Like I said, I’m still onboard with ford, less the sunroof

SuperNewbie

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
19’ F250
Current Ride #2
21’ F350
Bottom line is, I have a plow truck that you can’t bring in the weather to plow, hahaha. Go figure. How many of us have a garage that actually fits these beasts ? I don’t

Jrod250

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
So, was this just a clogged drain that you could blow out yourself or was this a leaky seal that needed replacing?
Sunroofs by design allow water in. The water gets redirected into a tray and out the drains. I avoid them at all costs. My last 2017 SD leaked from behind the door panels. The water ran down the windows, into the doors like it’s designed too, but for some reason instead of draining out of the drain holes at the bottom of the doors, it some leaked past the plastic seal that covers the access/ service holes in the doors and it’d run into the cab. Ford eventually bought it back because of that AND I had the latch issue where the doors would not close in the winter.
I did all my water testing myself

Attachments

• 91B2E289-B046-423A-BA58-6B91A6F1366E.MOV
    15.1 MB · Views: 0
OP
The EPIC Roscoe

The EPIC Roscoe

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Miltary
USCG (Ret.)
Current Ride
2021 F250 King Ranch Tremor 7.3L
Thanks for the clarification. I got the sunroof although I don’t think I ever open it. I just hope I continue my run of good luck with sunroofs.

Chris21667

Stilling Recovering my Jeeps, with Tremor power
TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Miltary
Army
Current Ride
2020 F350 Tremor 6.7 Blue Jean - 2012 F150 5.0 - 2018 Ford Edge 2.0
Current Ride #2
00 and 99 Jeep XJ Inline 4.0L
Sunroofs by design allow water in. The water gets redirected into a tray and out the drains. I avoid them at all costs. My last 2017 SD leaked from behind the door panels. The water ran down the windows, into the doors like it’s designed too, but for some reason instead of draining out of the drain holes at the bottom of the doors, it some leaked past the plastic seal that covers the access/ service holes in the doors and it’d run into the cab. Ford eventually bought it back because of that AND I had the latch issue where the doors would not close in the winter.
I did all my water testing myself
i have to buy a $25 decoder to watch your video..... what did you use to record this ....

Jrod250

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
i have to buy a $25 decoder to watch your video..... what did you use to record this ....
Just send my $20 and I’ll text it to you. Hahahaha
It’s a video off my iPhone.

it’s just a video of the water running out of my door panels. I was just pouring water from a watering can down the outside of the door

Attachments

• ED128FF3-D6F4-482B-82DA-497E5786E491.jpeg
    ED128FF3-D6F4-482B-82DA-497E5786E491.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 26

Tx4x4

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 Tremor
When I looked at my co workers KR truck the vinyl floor feels and looks the same as my Lariat other than his has the KR logos in the floor where mine say Ford. If they are a different material we could not tell the difference. His also came with floor mats where mine did not without spending extra and thinking that is why was called premium. Here is a Lariat floor pic. Worth getting the carpet delete or vinyl floor option depending on your trim in my opinion.
View attachment 15723
What floor mats/liners are you using?

2020Tremor

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
8.1l Burb
Thanks! Did you go with the X-act Contour Series or the Weatherbeater Series?
The x-act Contour. Really giving them a workout now with the recent thaw.

Attachments

• D8795002-CCA1-4DD9-8E39-E1AFBCB2C4EB.jpeg
    D8795002-CCA1-4DD9-8E39-E1AFBCB2C4EB.jpeg
    430.8 KB · Views: 27

MTTremor

Tremoraholic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Ford F250 King Ranch Tremor
I like!!
Now if only the sunroof was an option on the King Ranch I'd be back in one!!
I have a sunroof in my KR just dark Tint

Attachments

• image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    187.5 KB · Views: 24

Latest Discussions

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge