Carpet Delete?

The EPIC Roscoe

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Military
USCG (Ret.)
Current Ride
2021 F250 King Ranch Tremor 7.3L
So, this a.m. is the first time you can build a 2021 Super Duty on Ford's site. I decided to build mine although I placed the order about 2 weeks ago. Anyway, I don't want carpet in mine. I chose "Floor Covering-Vinyl" as an option and it automatically added "All-Weather Floor Mats." In the interior image of the build it didn't delete the carpet but only added vinyl floor mats. Can anyone confirm (before I reach out to the dealer) that "Floor-Covering-Vinyl" is not only vinyl floor mats but also a carpet delete? I really don't want carpet inside if I can avoid it. Thanks!
Screenshot 2020-11-03 105532.png

Just FYI, I had same Build issues to match my order 2 weeks ago, but the site is not a 100% accurate yet, theres some glitches with it. The 2021 F150 site was the same way for a couple days after it went live. So I wouldn't get worked up over it not appearing to match the Dealer Order Guide. Just my 2cents

So, this a.m. is the first time you can build a 2021 Super Duty on Ford's site. I decided to build mine although I placed the order about 2 weeks ago. Anyway, I don't want carpet in mine. I chose "Floor Covering-Vinyl" as an option and it automatically added "All-Weather Floor Mats." In the interior image of the build it didn't delete the carpet but only added vinyl floor mats. Can anyone confirm (before I reach out to the dealer) that "Floor-Covering-Vinyl" is not only vinyl floor mats but also a carpet delete? I really don't want carpet inside if I can avoid it. Thanks!View attachment 8452
I know in the fine print there’s a disclaimer that the picture is for reference only and may not represent looks of actual option. I see that they are not calling if premium vinyl anymore since don’t think you get the carpeted mats as well as the rubber ones with the vinyl floor. My coworker just ordered a F350 KR and that is supposedly the same as my carpet delete option on Lariat with the Ford rubber mats, but will be a few months before he actually gets it to say for certain.

PS, the vinyl floor is great super easy to clean, I recommend it.

There were some glitches in my 2020 build back in January ,, best to consult the dealer or sales manager to make sure you get what you want.

So the dealer just told me that you cannot delete carpet on any trim above Lariat. So my KR is going to have carpet.
That sucks, they dropped it. Did they say what the vinyl floor option was? I am not going to break that one to my coworker since he is under the impression that his on order 2021 F350 will come with vinyl floor. The dealer can be the bad guy on that one.

That’s why I went with a Lariat.
I didn’t want a sun roof or carpet and that was the only way to do it.
Which was a bit disappointing to be honest
Ive had 3 King Ranches previously, and would have got another if I could have without carpet and a sunroof.
The carpet delete is excellent ....couldn’t be happier with it.

That’s why I went with a Lariat.
I didn’t want a sun roof or carpet and that was the only way to do it.
Which was a bit disappointing to be honest
Ive had 3 King Ranches previously, and would have got another if I could have without carpet and a sunroof.
The carpet delete is excellent ....couldn’t be happier with it.
Just curious if the sunroof hate is for a specific reason or problem you've had or just want to avoid potential problems? I've only had a couple and both were ford vehicles but other than a clogged drain hole, I've never had a problem.

Just curious if the sunroof hate is for a specific reason or problem you've had or just want to avoid potential problems? I've only had a couple and both were ford vehicles but other than a clogged drain hole, I've never had a problem.
I can't remember exactly who, but I recall someone on this forum describing at great length the current generation of Super Duty's having a problem with water ingress into the cabin, even from the factory. I opted out of a sunroof and even clearance lights to eliminate those potential entry points on my build. Ol' Murphy and his damn law have me on speed dial so I wasn't taking any chances even though I think the clearance lights look cool. I knew I wanted the $50 carpet delete versus $130 all weather floor mats, as well. (y)

Last edited:
1607438149479.png

My 2021 KingRanch (non-tremor) is due in shortly so cannot confirm for sure, but the factory window sticker includes carpet delete (vinyl floor covering). The current build pics on ford.com also depict no carpet.

I can't remember exactly who, but I recall someone on this forum describing at great length the current generation of Super Duty's having a problem with water ingress into the cabin, even from the factory. I opted out of a sunroof and even clearance lights to eliminate those potential entry points on my build. Ol' Murphy and his damn law have me on speed dial so I wasn't taking any chances even though I think the clearance lights look cool.
I did read that thread and was a little surprised at how widespread the problem seemed to be. There must be a few hundred current and former super duty owners in this forum and the reported problems do seem to be a low minority. Good luck to us all I guess. ?

View attachment 11085

My 2021 KingRanch (non-tremor) is due in shortly so cannot confirm for sure, but the factory window sticker includes carpet delete (vinyl floor covering). The current build pics on ford.com also depict no carpet.
Howdy neighbor! I can't confirm either, I won't have the truck until Feb probably. But my dealer (also a personal friend) says you cant delete carpet on King Ranch and above. I added vinyl flooring (whatever that is). Maybe vinyl floor covering are those rubberized floor mats but then what are "all weather floor mats?" When I add vinyl flooring on the online builder, it looks like it changes carpet floor mats to the all weather. If it deletes the carpet I can't tell from the view they provide. What I do find interesting though, when I built a 2020 online, the "vinyl floorng" actually said "carpet delete" in the description. Now on 2021's "carpet delete" has been removed. I hope he is wrong and it comes with no carpet. I'd love to find out if Ford ever decides to build the damn thing!

Last edited:

I did have a clogged drain on my 08 F350 sun roof once, but other than that no leaks, so no it's not really because of that that i don't want one.
I live in Canada where it gets cold...so in the winter it's cold to have the shade open.
And there's always a bit of extra wind noise from them.
Also i drive on gravel alot...and my brother in law has already broke one with a rock from his own truck.
If you have one here, your insurance goes up because of it...or you have to buy extra insurance to cover it....plus it's and extra $1700 to start with...for something i don't really want.
So that's why i went with a Lariat this time.
But i do miss my KR's....so may go back some day.
I'll admit i did enjoy having some extra sun in about 5 times a year.
The rest of the time i always had the shade closed.
But if you live in warmer weather i could see the attraction.

My 15 lariat used to rattle constantly, never again. Never opened the thing anyways

I did have a clogged drain on my 08 F350 sun roof once, but other than that no leaks, so no it's not really because of that that i don't want one.
I live in Canada where it gets cold...so in the winter it's cold to have the shade open.
And there's always a bit of extra wind noise from them.
Also i drive on gravel alot...and my brother in law has already broke one with a rock from his own truck.
If you have one here, your insurance goes up because of it...or you have to buy extra insurance to cover it....plus it's and extra $1700 to start with...for something i don't really want.
So that's why i went with a Lariat this time.
But i do miss my KR's....so may go back some day.
I'll admit i did enjoy having some extra sun in about 5 times a year.
The rest of the time i always had the shade closed.
But if you live in warmer weather i could see the attraction.
I can see how it doesn't make sense for some. And to your point, if I intend to leave the shade open to let the sunlight in here in FL, I MUST get ceramic tint installed or my forehead will blister. I just hope that others aren't "looking" for problems because they "heard" of someone else that had a problem. I would guess that more people on this site have complained about sunroofs as apposed those that appreciate them. I'm just curious why. To the uneducated person you may think there are widespread malfunctions. I'm just trying to narrow down actual cases of malfunction rather than negative opinion. The points you made would likely steer me away as well. *tip of cap to you, Sir.

My KR has the carpet delete option and it came with the cloth front mats and both the carpet and rubber rear mats. Give me a sec and ill go out and snap a picture.
That's great news! I guess I can say that I'm glad my friend was "wrong." I did order the vinyl flooring so I'm guessing that it will come carpet deleted. Thanks Raider! Standing by for pics, not because I don't believe you, I just always want to see KR Tremors!!!!

That sucks, they dropped it. Did they say what the vinyl floor option was? I am not going to break that one to my coworker since he is under the impression that his on order 2021 F350 will come with vinyl floor. The dealer can be the bad guy on that one.
I just wanted to reply to your comment to correct an assumption my dealer made that apparently isn't true. @LVRaider says that his 2021 KR Tremor was carpet deleted. So your friend's truck should be as well assuming he ordered it accordingly. Sorry for any confusion and I'm glad my friend was wrong!

I like!!
Now if only the sunroof was an option on the King Ranch I'd be back in one!!

Back