Carpet Delete?

When I looked at my co workers KR truck the vinyl floor feels and looks the same as my Lariat other than his has the KR logos in the floor where mine say Ford. If they are a different material we could not tell the difference. His also came with floor mats where mine did not without spending extra and thinking that is why was called premium. Here is a Lariat floor pic. Worth getting the carpet delete or vinyl floor option depending on your trim in my opinion.
View attachment 15723
osha-hazardous-material-sign-one-31668_1000.gif

So, was this just a clogged drain that you could blow out yourself or was this a leaky seal that needed replacing?
Bought the truck off the lot brand new, no miles. First heavy rain ?, I interrogated my wife that she had to of left the sunroof cracked open. The truck was a mess. Water everywhere! Headliner stained and shit. I was heartbroken. I had no idea about this poor drainage design at this point. This happened around 4th of July 2020 and I had no time to bring the truck in as I was going camping a couple days later and needed the truck. A couple weeks later, it happened again. Not as bad this time.. (the pictures I posted). I brought to dealer and they said they cleaned the drains out. Won’t happen again, wish I could say that fixed it... the dude said, “not sure where you park it but it had a lot of debris. I’d like to go on, but I don’t wanna relive all this again. Needless to say my 2021 f350 is in production.

Bought the truck off the lot brand new, no miles. First heavy rain ?, I interrogated my wife that she had to of left the sunroof cracked open. The truck was a mess. Water everywhere! Headliner stained and shit. I was heartbroken. I had no idea about this poor drainage design at this point. This happened around 4th of July 2020 and I had no time to bring the truck in as I was going camping a couple days later and needed the truck. A couple weeks later, it happened again. Not as bad this time.. (the pictures I posted). I brought to dealer and they said they cleaned the drains out. Won’t happen again, wish I could say that fixed it... the dude said, “not sure where you park it but it had a lot of debris. I’d like to go on, but I don’t wanna relive all this again. Needless to say my 2021 f350 is in production.
I have noticed that if I park in such a way where the water runs off the back of the truck into the bed, no issue. When the water runs down one of the A pillars, river city. Sorry guys, I’m a ford fan and I hope this is a fluke. Like I said, I’m still onboard with ford, less the sunroof

So, was this just a clogged drain that you could blow out yourself or was this a leaky seal that needed replacing?
Sunroofs by design allow water in. The water gets redirected into a tray and out the drains. I avoid them at all costs. My last 2017 SD leaked from behind the door panels. The water ran down the windows, into the doors like it’s designed too, but for some reason instead of draining out of the drain holes at the bottom of the doors, it some leaked past the plastic seal that covers the access/ service holes in the doors and it’d run into the cab. Ford eventually bought it back because of that AND I had the latch issue where the doors would not close in the winter.
I did all my water testing myself

Attachments

• 91B2E289-B046-423A-BA58-6B91A6F1366E.MOV
    15.1 MB
Thanks for the clarification. I got the sunroof although I don’t think I ever open it. I just hope I continue my run of good luck with sunroofs.

Sunroofs by design allow water in. The water gets redirected into a tray and out the drains. I avoid them at all costs. My last 2017 SD leaked from behind the door panels. The water ran down the windows, into the doors like it’s designed too, but for some reason instead of draining out of the drain holes at the bottom of the doors, it some leaked past the plastic seal that covers the access/ service holes in the doors and it’d run into the cab. Ford eventually bought it back because of that AND I had the latch issue where the doors would not close in the winter.
I did all my water testing myself
i have to buy a $25 decoder to watch your video..... what did you use to record this ....

i have to buy a $25 decoder to watch your video..... what did you use to record this ....
Just send my $20 and I’ll text it to you. Hahahaha
It’s a video off my iPhone.

it’s just a video of the water running out of my door panels. I was just pouring water from a watering can down the outside of the door

Attachments

• ED128FF3-D6F4-482B-82DA-497E5786E491.jpeg
    ED128FF3-D6F4-482B-82DA-497E5786E491.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 109
When I looked at my co workers KR truck the vinyl floor feels and looks the same as my Lariat other than his has the KR logos in the floor where mine say Ford. If they are a different material we could not tell the difference. His also came with floor mats where mine did not without spending extra and thinking that is why was called premium. Here is a Lariat floor pic. Worth getting the carpet delete or vinyl floor option depending on your trim in my opinion.
View attachment 15723
What floor mats/liners are you using?

Thanks! Did you go with the X-act Contour Series or the Weatherbeater Series?
The x-act Contour. Really giving them a workout now with the recent thaw.

Attachments

• D8795002-CCA1-4DD9-8E39-E1AFBCB2C4EB.jpeg
    D8795002-CCA1-4DD9-8E39-E1AFBCB2C4EB.jpeg
    430.8 KB · Views: 133
The x-act Contour. Really giving them a workout now with the recent thaw.
I got my x-act contour Huskys yesterday. The front fit great, the rear not so well. They are too long by the door openings. Did you have this problem?

I got my x-act contour Huskys yesterday. The front fit great, the rear not so well. They are too long by the door openings. Did you have this problem?
No problems with mine both front and rear fit pretty good.

Attachments

• 018134F6-23B3-4E06-BE6D-B3C386810E81.jpeg
    018134F6-23B3-4E06-BE6D-B3C386810E81.jpeg
    330.6 KB · Views: 155
No problems with mine both front and rear fit pretty good.
My rears don't look like yours. My flange extends too far forward. I have carpet delete so I wonder if that made a difference. Thanks.

Attachments

• 1618429669122713582170589435124.jpg
    1618429669122713582170589435124.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 116
My rears don't look like yours. My flange extends too far forward. I have carpet delete so I wonder if that made a difference. Thanks.
I also have the carpet delete. I wonder if they sent the wrong mat for the rear. My part number on the rear is showing 53381 on the receipt. I believe there is a couple of different rear mat versions. If I am not mistaken the rear mat is different for trucks without the fold flat under seat storage box.

View attachment 11085

My 2021 KingRanch (non-tremor) is due in shortly so cannot confirm for sure, but the factory window sticker includes carpet delete (vinyl floor covering). The current build pics on ford.com also depict no carpet.
It's $115 on the 2022 also. I just ordered a KR Tremor.

I also have the carpet delete. I wonder if they sent the wrong mat for the rear. My part number on the rear is showing 53381 on the receipt. I believe there is a couple of different rear mat versions. If I am not mistaken the rear mat is different for trucks without the fold flat under seat storage box.
I think I got one for the super cab and not the crew cab. Your's looks like the one I ordered. No big deal. I emailed them. It's an affordable idem so worst comes to worse I'll just order a new one and give this one away. I'm glad they make one that fits.

Latest Discussions

Back