Carli Backcountry issues

My guess is this guy ordered the wrong parts. There is an entire page dedicated to the rear suspension on a Super Duty

Last edited:
Not to get off the topic, but after having a Backcountry system installed has anyones rig sat nose high? Had mine installed today at my local dealership and it seems to be sitting a little high in the front.

Yes, so does my 2019 F250 non-Tremor with Carli 2.5” backcountry kit in the front and add-a-pack in the back.

Last edited:
Yes, so does my 2019 F250 non-Tremor with Carli 2.5” backcountry kit in the front and add-a-pack in the back.
Have you done the before and after measurements? What is the difference between the wheel wells on the front and back, as it sits today?

My F250 (with 1-ton leafs) and AAPs had 3/4” of rake before I added the 1” PMF block. Your F250 has less leaf springs, (each one adds about a 1/4”) so it might be closer to even or only 1/4” of rake which may look nose high at certain driveway/road angles.

i have diesel coils on my gas 7.3, it rides just fine.

I 100% do not believe the OP's truck rides worse with the Carli parts. There is simply no way since the carli coil and spring rates are softer than stock
Curious why you did that, I sold my diesel and then my springs and shocks for the diesel wehn I got my 7.3. Was always curious how i would have rode. Now i'm waiting on my king gas shocks :(, and this kit has been on my garage floor forever

What I wrote is 100% truth. Tyler did tell me that on the phone. I am positive of it. We had a conversation and I shared about my concerns and he said don’t worry, we will get this taken care of. If we can’t get it dialed in we will refund it back out. Obviously we want to try to fix it first. That is what he said. It wasn't till after a couple of steps later that he said he would do the “add a a pack swap thing” and if that didn’t work we would swap it all out . It was not misconstrued. It may have been to you from him. Why I’m the world would I spend more on tires and then spend another 1700 on full leaf if I wasn’t happy and there wasn’t a “if this doesn’t work, we’ll take care of you” conversation? Later he said he never said that. That’s super frustrating. Tyler knows what he told me. If he won’t tell the truth of it, that’s on him. I don’t know what’s going on with the ride. I wish I did. I want it to work. Was it 5-10% better with full leaf? Maybe. It still violently jars up and down on Highway when seams are preset. The professional installer rode in it after initial install, after the full leaf installed and a couple other times trying to figure it out. I have a bunch of people who have looked at it and can verify what is happening. With the option being”sorry you are unhappy, we don’t guarantee ride” answer…What other recourse do I have but to seek legal action to get it corrected? This isn’t a, it doesn’t ride like a soft squishy raptor thing. I know and understand the difference. I honestly am wasting my time with this as far as back and forth with you because you have already made your decision. Yes he did ghost me. He never did respond to me after the last time when he said by end of day or tomorrow at the latest EVERYTHING I said in my typing is 100% truth. You may not like it or agree and I can’t make you. I put this on here so people know. I don’t think your a bad guy. I think you get lots of business from here…and that’s ok! There are a lot of happy customers out there. That’s great. I wanted to be one. But people need to know when someone isn’t happy you won’t do much about it beside what you said. Verify the basics. People deserve to know that as well. I am done on this via this thread. I don’t wish any I’ll will. I wanted to be refunded for expensive stuff not doing what is advertised and being unsafe. I get my experience is not the norm
Per my conversation with Tyler and some on forum. That’s why I bough Carli for a large sum of money. What makes me sad is that company pigeon holes me into a “ride isn’t soft enough” or flat lies to me about saying one thing on the phone then not honoring it! That’s a big deal and one that I’m sharing cause that’s my experience. And you won’t make it right. Why not? Make it right. Right now. On this forum. I’ll thank you and go about my day and you can too. Stand up and step up for your reputation. Or don’t. I can’t make you.
If its the rear thats the worst pull those off and send them in, they are easy on and off. If its any consolation I was able to sell my diesel set up for what I paid for it when i switched to 7.3. Actually sold the day I listed it, with people lining up to buy it and everyone kept asking if they could have all the parts, but I was only selling shocks and springs. Sold on racedezert forum, before I knew about the tremor forum

Curious why you did that, I sold my diesel and then my springs and shocks for the diesel wehn I got my 7.3. Was always curious how i would have rode. Now i'm waiting on my king gas shocks :(, and this kit has been on my garage floor forever
Because I wanted more lift. But, by doing this, I have somewhat been chasing my tail to get everything right. Hard to know exactly where to set things and what parts to buy next, etc...
I thought I calculated about 3.5" of net lift, but actually I think I did my math wrong and got probably closer to 4.5" of lift.
So I am going back to gas coils/shocks and just kind of starting at square 1.
I am adding radius arms and basically completing the backcountry kit IF I can get my hands on a set of shocks

Because I wanted more lift. But, by doing this, I have somewhat been chasing my tail to get everything right. Hard to know exactly where to set things and what parts to buy next, etc...
I thought I calculated about 3.5" of net lift, but actually I think I did my math wrong and got probably closer to 4.5" of lift.
So I am going back to gas coils/shocks and just kind of starting at square 1.
I am adding radius arms and basically completing the backcountry kit IF I can get my hands on a set of shocks
My first diesel was a 250 and I had the add a packs, then ford replaced it with a 350 and CJC swapped my uninstalled addapacks for the sway bar. I was gonna put the packs on the 350 until they told me it would probably ride worse.

This discussion makes me wonder how all those guys with 75psi in their 35x12.50R20s and a ready lift claim their truck rides like a caddy lol.
I'll say it till I die, People spend tons of money moding and accessorizing their truck's suspension to "improve the ride". This is 100% subjective opinion on the part of the owner because there is never any scientifically measured data to support the claims. And we all know when a person spends thousands of dollars to "improve" the manufacturer's design they will be completely justified in whatever they spend. Sure you can downgrade a Super Duty suspension and make it ride like a 150, but that kind of defeats the purpose to me. Just my 2 cents. 🍻 :rolleyes:

Not to get off the topic, but after having a Backcountry system installed has anyones rig sat nose high? Had mine installed today at my local dealership and it seems to be sitting a little high in the front.
Nope. BC with full leaf springs out back. 1 1/2" rack front to back. That goes away fast with 500 pounds in the back.
Rides great!

Back