Carli Backcountry issues

Got any pics?
Not great ones....

I like the 12.50 width a lot, I would have prefered Toyos but got a great deal on these. I did the swaybar right after I installed the tires. Also just have tremor wheels, not a tremor.

Attachments

• Picture2.jpg
    Picture2.jpg
    374.4 KB · Views: 148
  • Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 146
  • Picture3.jpg
    Picture3.jpg
    303.9 KB · Views: 149
Not great ones....

I like the 12.50 width a lot, I would have prefered Toyos but got a great deal on these. I did the swaybar right after I installed the tires. Also just have tremor wheels, not a tremor.
What difference did the sway bar make in the ride quality? I am considering getting one too. My truck does rock back and forth a bit. To a point where I'm noticing it.

What difference did the sway bar make in the ride quality? I am considering getting one too. My truck does rock back and forth a bit. To a point where I'm noticing it.
Corners differently, tiny bit more lean but settles in. Where it shines is expansion joints in the middle of corners and entries into driveways and off-road. Front tire hitting on one side doesn’t throw the whole truck off anymore. Stock its always rough, if you learn to drive it again you can make it work for you not against you.

Sharpness on the highway sounds like you're battling the F350 pack + add-a-pack combo... The F250 Gas is the lightest factory spring rates Ford offers front and rear, it would make sense for this to ride better than any other stock or modified truck on the highway where you're talking super small bumps that don't require long-travel or aggressive valving to control.

This is correct, the Tremor is equipped with the F350 leaf spring pack. The HD spring option is only for those with 1,000lbs in the bed AT ALL TIMES. If you're running this constant load, the HD springs will act like the standard springs while sitting proper with 1,000lbs. This is the only application for which the HD are designed and they're the perfect pair to the Backcountry shocks when you're running the correct bed-load. If you're running the HD springs on an empty truck, you'll see a similar to stock ride quality unloaded but this is NOT their intended use.

The Backcountry System is described on our website as:

"A system designed for people seeking the best ride on and off-road quality on a budget; basically, the Commuter for those that want to have a little dirt-road fun in their 8,500lb truck without losing the on-road ride quality or usability for which the truck was designed. You’re no longer limited to the highway while gravel roads become uninteresting as you can drive them at speed with one hand on the wheel."

The on-road prowess of the Backcountry is as impressive as a stock tremor in small bump compliance. When the speeds pick up, corners get carved, or obstacles get larger, the more aggressive dampers pick up where the stock suspension falls flat. This kit is made for the weekend warrior that requires additional damping and it's advertised as such. Lowering the tire pressure assists in small bump compliance as i alluded to earlier in this thread. We reduce BUT maintain enough spring rate for the platform's baseline to remain composed, then valve the shocks to control the additional chassis movement. We could lower the spring rates more but these are heavy trucks; this would result in more body-roll and less overall control - this is not our style.

The factory recommended tire pressures are set for the GVWR of the truck. Most users are not driving around loaded all the time, they're unloaded. We're making customers aware that they're suffering more than necessary if they're inflating to the max sidewall pressure when their primarily unloaded. We go into this in detail HERE if you're interested.

That said, this kit is for the weekend warrior. You're correct, dropping the air pressure on a stock truck will net a softer ride, same as it will with our system. Take it on an unmaintained dirt road and you'll see the difference, all else held constant (tire pressure, wheel size, etc.) THAT'S what you're paying for. If you're buying this kit to soften the ride of a 1-ton truck, you'll be disappointed.

I just want to be clear - we're 100% happy to help here but we DO NOT recommend the combination you purchased - actually, we recommend Against it when people call in and on our site, in print. There is really only one person who answers the phone here (Tyler, unless someone schedules a call with me) and he's very well versed on the 250 vs. 350 difference. Further, pulling the kit page up on the website, you'll see the rear leaf spring option calls out the Backountry as optimized for the Full springs and the long-description states the add-a-packs should not be run with F350 springs. We've done all we can to ensure everyone knows what they're buying and what to expect.

It sounds like the best option for your would be to swap your rear leaf springs/add-a-packs to our full progressive leaf spring packs. If this is something in which you're interested, I would be happy to assist you in the process. Shoot me a DM on here.

I'll send CJC a note as this is from their website. That's actually incorrect. The HD Packs are for 1,000lbs and their note on the add-a-packs is directed at F250 springs.
Ok. So here is the full deal. I don’t k ow suspension. I research and Carli is supposed to be the best. I order truck then call Carli. I talk to someone on the phone (I don’t know who) and tell them I ordered an F250 Tremor diesel and want on road ride best possible, minimal gravel road or field and pulling a camper. They say order a Backcountry, Torsion sway bar and “adds a pack “. That’s what I did. Tyler says nobody would have told you that. (Well, I didn’t come up with that combination on my own.) so I get it installed and it rides terrible. See original post. Installer agrees and it’s a safety issue with jarring up and down and all the same I talked about in original post. I talk with Tyler the Sales manager at Carli. He was nice and verify that I have correct parts and send pics so he knows it’s all installed correctly. He says it is and not to worry. That if we can’t get figured out they will take it back. I’ll still be out the install and uninstall but j think that’s fair. Tyler says to lower tire pressure. So I did that. No change. Then Tyler says buy a full leaf and remove the add a pack and original and we will take the “add a pack” and refund it. So I buy the full Deaver full leaf. Pay to have it installed and no change. He says Toto AT3 or Falken Wildpeaks are what they run and that can make a difference. So 1900.00 later I have Toyo AT3 and it doesn’t change. So I call and am like how do I return this. No response. Call again. Leave messages again and Tyler won’t respond. He finally emails me and says he never said anything about full return. I’m like what. I didn’t make this up. Why would you do that? Long story short he says he never said that which is not true. I would not have bought the full leaf and new tires if he was unwilling to refund full thing. I have done my part with phone calls and emails, tires, new tires, new parts installed etc. k asked him to talk to his management and he says he will. I ask when I should expect to hear something and he says today or tomorrow at latest. That was last Thursday. He never called or emailed back. Been a week. I am thrilled that you all on here have a 100% better ride. I really am. I think the Carli parts are quality made parts. But if you have trouble and you do what they say and that doesn’t fix it, then be prepared to have them ghost you. That’s been my (very expensive, frustrating) experience with Carli. I will now pay to have Put back to stock. I will add this as someone will surely say “it isn’t a Cadillac “ or something like that. I know this and understand what a 3/4 ton truck rides like. I bought this in full faith that the on road ride would be what they said…better than stock. It isn’t and they are out j guess. Which makes me sad that Tyler lied to me and then ghosted me. I was never mean or cussed or yelled or was sideways with him. I was straight with him that I was upset with rice and needed help. I say all this. You take what you want from it. If yours rides great I am happy for you as that’s what I wanted. Jarring up/down dramatically on HWY after what all we did to try to fix is a safety issue and I will not haul my family in that. It’s unsafe. The fact Carli won’t step up and take back is not good service from such a reputable company with a very high dollar product that I did my part on swapping/tires, pics, etc.

Ok. So here is the full deal. I don’t k ow suspension. I research and Carli is supposed to be the best. I order truck then call Carli. I talk to someone on the phone (I don’t know who) and tell them I ordered an F250 Tremor diesel and want on road ride best possible, minimal gravel road or field and pulling a camper. They say order a Backcountry, Torsion sway bar and “adds a pack “. That’s what I did. Tyler says nobody would have told you that. (Well, I didn’t come up with that combination on my own.) so I get it installed and it rides terrible. See original post. Installer agrees and it’s a safety issue with jarring up and down and all the same I talked about in original post. I talk with Tyler the Sales manager at Carli. He was nice and verify that I have correct parts and send pics so he knows it’s all installed correctly. He says it is and not to worry. That if we can’t get figured out they will take it back. I’ll still be out the install and uninstall but j think that’s fair. Tyler says to lower tire pressure. So I did that. No change. Then Tyler says buy a full leaf and remove the add a pack and original and we will take the “add a pack” and refund it. So I buy the full Deaver full leaf. Pay to have it installed and no change. He says Toto AT3 or Falken Wildpeaks are what they run and that can make a difference. So 1900.00 later I have Toyo AT3 and it doesn’t change. So I call and am like how do I return this. No response. Call again. Leave messages again and Tyler won’t respond. He finally emails me and says he never said anything about full return. I’m like what. I didn’t make this up. Why would you do that? Long story short he says he never said that which is not true. I would not have bought the full leaf and new tires if he was unwilling to refund full thing. I have done my part with phone calls and emails, tires, new tires, new parts installed etc. k asked him to talk to his management and he says he will. I ask when I should expect to hear something and he says today or tomorrow at latest. That was last Thursday. He never called or emailed back. Been a week. I am thrilled that you all on here have a 100% better ride. I really am. I think the Carli parts are quality made parts. But if you have trouble and you do what they say and that doesn’t fix it, then be prepared to have them ghost you. That’s been my (very expensive, frustrating) experience with Carli. I will now pay to have Put back to stock. I will add this as someone will surely say “it isn’t a Cadillac “ or something like that. I know this and understand what a 3/4 ton truck rides like. I bought this in full faith that the on road ride would be what they said…better than stock. It isn’t and they are out j guess. Which makes me sad that Tyler lied to me and then ghosted me. I was never mean or cussed or yelled or was sideways with him. I was straight with him that I was upset with rice and needed help. I say all this. You take what you want from it. If yours rides great I am happy for you as that’s what I wanted. Jarring up/down dramatically on HWY after what all we did to try to fix is a safety issue and I will not haul my family in that. It’s unsafe. The fact Carli won’t step up and take back is not good service from such a reputable company with a very high dollar product that I did my part on swapping/tires, pics, etc.
I do not know the whole back story, so I am just going to ask if you have owned a Super Duty truck in the past? Serious question...

If you have and you still think it totally sucks compared to previous SDs you owned, you might want to take it to a different shop or the Ford dealer to see what they say. I have an F250 with the same Carli suspension you started out with and mine rides great empty and while towing. In early 2021, neither Carli nor CJC recommended I do the AAPs under my 1-ton leafs, but since I tow a heavy TT I decided to do it. I also added AirLift 5000 lb Ultimate airbags a couple of months later to control the sag when towing.

Carli Parts:
2.5" Front Coils, BC Fox Shocks, Torsion Sway Bar, dual steering stabilizers, and Add-a-Packs under 1-ton leaf springs with 37x12.5x17s Ridge Grapplers at 40 psi front and 38 psi rear.

I have owned SDs in the past and the Tremor with Carli rides so much better, it is not even close. It does NOT ride as good as my two previous Raptors, but their soft plushy suspensions were in an entirely different world from the Tremor.

I do not know the whole back story, so I am just going to ask if you have owned a Super Duty truck in the past? Serious question...

If you have and you still think it totally sucks compared to previous SDs you owned, you might want to take it to a different shop or the Ford dealer to see what they say. I have an F250 with the same Carli suspension you started out with and mine rides great empty and while towing. In early 2021, neither Carli nor CJC recommended I do the AAPs under my 1-ton leafs, but since I tow a heavy TT I decided to do it. I also added AirLift 5000 lb Ultimate airbags a couple of months later to control the sag when towing.

Carli Parts:
2.5" Front Coils, BC Fox Shocks, Torsion Sway Bar, dual steering stabilizers, and Add-a-Packs under 1-ton leaf springs with 37x12.5x17s Ridge Grapplers at 40 psi front and 38 psi rear.

I have owned SDs in the past and the Tremor with Carli rides so much better, it is not even close. It does NOT ride as good as my two previous Raptors, but their soft plushy suspensions were in an entirely different world from the Tremor.
I have not owned one. My FIL has a 2020 F250 4x4 and I have friends that have Rams and Fords 1 ton and 3/4. Familiar with rides. All of the them are stock. Only Tremor experience is with mine. Stock was actually really good. I am taking to dealer. Have apt set. They will also be the ones to help figure out what’s going on/return to stock. At Stock it drive fine. Have had everything re torqued and re checked. It’s all installed right from what I can see looking at video Tyler sent of an install I can’t figure it out and installer who does this every day can’t and I can’t deal with it anymore. Too much time, money and stress. Glad yours is working good!

Ok. So here is the full deal. I don’t k ow suspension. I research and Carli is supposed to be the best. I order truck then call Carli. I talk to someone on the phone (I don’t know who) and tell them I ordered an F250 Tremor diesel and want on road ride best possible, minimal gravel road or field and pulling a camper. They say order a Backcountry, Torsion sway bar and “adds a pack “. That’s what I did. Tyler says nobody would have told you that. (Well, I didn’t come up with that combination on my own.)
I know we've touched on this before but Tyler is the only one here who answers the phone and he's very well versed in the F250 vs. F250 Tremor. Point of fact, he's the one who eventually forced me to shut down and add "tremor" to the notes on our website stating we do not recommend the add-a-packs for 350s as not all Tremor owners are aware they have 350 packs. Perhaps you called and spoke to a retailer who gave bad information; maybe they did so because Tremor wasn't mentioned... I really don't know but there's only one person here who answers the phone and he is VERY clear on the issues associated with the F350 packs and Add-apacks.
So I get it installed and it rides terrible. See original post. Installer agrees and it’s a safety issue with jarring up and down and all the same I talked about in original post. I talk with Tyler the Sales manager at Carli. He was nice and verify that I have correct parts and send pics so he knows it’s all installed correctly. He says it is and not to worry. That if we can’t get figured out they will take it back. I’ll still be out the install and uninstall but j think that’s fair. Tyler says to lower tire pressure. So I did that. No change. Then Tyler says buy a full leaf and remove the add a pack and original and we will take the “add a pack” and refund it. So I buy the full Deaver full leaf. Pay to have it installed and no change. He says Toto AT3 or Falken Wildpeaks are what they run and that can make a difference. So 1900.00 later I have Toyo AT3 and it doesn’t change. So I call and am like how do I return this. No response. Call again. Leave messages again and Tyler won’t respond. He finally emails me and says he never said anything about full return. I’m like what. I didn’t make this up. Why would you do that?
Tyler spoke to me about your issues - I sent him this thread to let him know we'd already been corresponding. I authorized him to accept the return of your ADD-A-PACKS as was stated in a previous reply of mine in this thread. This would offset the cost associated with your upgrade to full leaf springs. We do not offer a money-back guarantee; it sounds like this was a misunderstanding.

We design and tune everything in house here. We 100% know how these truck ride when we sign off on them. Our job, in diagnosing a vehicle, is to ensure the customer receives the product as we designed it to be. This means the options are correct to the shock package, the wheel and tire combo is reasonable (and pressures are in check) and the installation & alignment are correct. Once we've confirmed these things, we've done everything in our power to ensure the customer is riding in a truck that performs similar to the test truck on which we developed their system.

What we cannot manage is customer expectation. Selling as much as we do, we get people who tout our entry-level systems as "better than my wife's Range-Rover" all the way to our most expensive systems ride "stiff". We're happy to lend an ear and assist everyone who calls, emails or posts. You can see from my involvement on this forum and, through your multiple conversations with Tyler, we're not stingy with our time.

The only lapse in correspondence followed a comment you made about contacting your attorney. Protocol here, when someone threatens legal action, is to put them or their council in touch with our council as everything moving forward from their should have a written record for the benefit of both parties. Regardless, it sounds as though he continued efforts to communicate through the issues.

That said, you claim NOTHING has changed your ride. Not the Kit, not the upgrade to the Full Springs, not the tires, not the pressures. All of these have a significant change in the ride of the vehicle; those who've upgraded in stages know jut how much each option adds. The sum of the parts is greater than each individual addition so the end result is night/day from a Stock Tremor as so many in this thread have attested to.

Long story short he says he never said that which is not true. I would not have bought the full leaf and new tires if he was unwilling to refund full thing.
I never authorized a return of the system, as mentioned above. ONLY the add-a-packs, which, again, has written record in this thread. Tyler was 100% clear on this so, perhaps ambiguous wording was misconstrued?
I have done my part with phone calls and emails, tires, new tires, new parts installed etc. k asked him to talk to his management and he says he will. I ask when I should expect to hear something and he says today or tomorrow at latest. That was last Thursday. He never called or emailed back. Been a week.
I am upper management - I am the one with whom he consults and frankly, affirmed his course of action as the Buck stops with him in these decisions. He's confirmed your parts and installation to be correct and iterated this many times. There's nothing more he can do and he told me you stated you no longer wanted to deal with him on the issue so no further contact was made.
I am thrilled that you all on here have a 100% better ride. I really am. I think the Carli parts are quality made parts. But if you have trouble and you do what they say and that doesn’t fix it, then be prepared to have them ghost you. That’s been my (very expensive, frustrating) experience with Carli. I will now pay to have Put back to stock. I will add this as someone will surely say “it isn’t a Cadillac “ or something like that. I know this and understand what a 3/4 ton truck rides like. I bought this in full faith that the on road ride would be what they said…better than stock. It isn’t and they are out j guess. Which makes me sad that Tyler lied to me and then ghosted me. I was never mean or cussed or yelled or was sideways with him. I was straight with him that I was upset with rice and needed help. I say all this. You take what you want from it. If yours rides great I am happy for you as that’s what I wanted. Jarring up/down dramatically on HWY after what all we did to try to fix is a safety issue and I will not haul my family in that. It’s unsafe. The fact Carli won’t step up and take back is not good service from such a reputable company with a very high dollar product that I did my part on swapping/tires, pics, etc.
No one ghosted you - all attempts at contact and lapses in communicated are detailed above. We made every attempt to assist in diagnosing on the phone, email and on this forum to no avail as you stated NOTHING you added changed anything. We are sorry to hear the system did not live up to your expectations and, again, are happy to honor the return on your add-a-packs - but it sounds like your expectation for ride quality is not something we can achieve in this platform given you have the best-riding on road system we offer with a confirmed installation and configuration.

The last stone we've not turned is your shocks. Although unlikely, as I've never had incorrect valving in a Fox shock, there's an internal issue, the ride would suffer. You can send your shocks into us and, if an issue is found, we'll pay for the shipping to us and from us and correct the issue. If there's nothing wrong with the shocks, we're back to square one.

I know we've touched on this before but Tyler is the only one here who answers the phone and he's very well versed in the F250 vs. F250 Tremor. Point of fact, he's the one who eventually forced me to shut down and add "tremor" to the notes on our website stating we do not recommend the add-a-packs for 350s as not all Tremor owners are aware they have 350 packs. Perhaps you called and spoke to a retailer who gave bad information; maybe they did so because Tremor wasn't mentioned... I really don't know but there's only one person here who answers the phone and he is VERY clear on the issues associated with the F350 packs and Add-apacks.

Tyler spoke to me about your issues - I sent him this thread to let him know we'd already been corresponding. I authorized him to accept the return of your ADD-A-PACKS as was stated in a previous reply of mine in this thread. This would offset the cost associated with your upgrade to full leaf springs. We do not offer a money-back guarantee; it sounds like this was a misunderstanding.

We design and tune everything in house here. We 100% know how these truck ride when we sign off on them. Our job, in diagnosing a vehicle, is to ensure the customer receives the product as we designed it to be. This means the options are correct to the shock package, the wheel and tire combo is reasonable (and pressures are in check) and the installation & alignment are correct. Once we've confirmed these things, we've done everything in our power to ensure the customer is riding in a truck that performs similar to the test truck on which we developed their system.

What we cannot manage is customer expectation. Selling as much as we do, we get people who tout our entry-level systems as "better than my wife's Range-Rover" all the way to our most expensive systems ride "stiff". We're happy to lend an ear and assist everyone who calls, emails or posts. You can see from my involvement on this forum and, through your multiple conversations with Tyler, we're not stingy with our time.

The only lapse in correspondence followed a comment you made about contacting your attorney. Protocol here, when someone threatens legal action, is to put them or their council in touch with our council as everything moving forward from their should have a written record for the benefit of both parties. Regardless, it sounds as though he continued efforts to communicate through the issues.

That said, you claim NOTHING has changed your ride. Not the Kit, not the upgrade to the Full Springs, not the tires, not the pressures. All of these have a significant change in the ride of the vehicle; those who've upgraded in stages know jut how much each option adds. The sum of the parts is greater than each individual addition so the end result is night/day from a Stock Tremor as so many in this thread have attested to.

I never authorized a return of the system, as mentioned above. ONLY the add-a-packs, which, again, has written record in this thread. Tyler was 100% clear on this so, perhaps ambiguous wording was misconstrued?

I am upper management - I am the one with whom he consults and frankly, affirmed his course of action as the Buck stops with him in these decisions. He's confirmed your parts and installation to be correct and iterated this many times. There's nothing more he can do and he told me you stated you no longer wanted to deal with him on the issue so no further contact was made.

No one ghosted you - all attempts at contact and lapses in communicated are detailed above. We made every attempt to assist in diagnosing on the phone, email and on this forum to no avail as you stated NOTHING you added changed anything. We are sorry to hear the system did not live up to your expectations and, again, are happy to honor the return on your add-a-packs - but it sounds like your expectation for ride quality is not something we can achieve in this platform given you have the best-riding on road system we offer with a confirmed installation and configuration.

The last stone we've not turned is your shocks. Although unlikely, as I've never had incorrect valving in a Fox shock, there's an internal issue, the ride would suffer. You can send your shocks into us and, if an issue is found, we'll pay for the shipping to us and from us and correct the issue. If there's nothing wrong with the shocks, we're back to square one.
What I wrote is 100% truth. Tyler did tell me that on the phone. I am positive of it. We had a conversation and I shared about my concerns and he said don’t worry, we will get this taken care of. If we can’t get it dialed in we will refund it back out. Obviously we want to try to fix it first. That is what he said. It wasn't till after a couple of steps later that he said he would do the “add a a pack swap thing” and if that didn’t work we would swap it all out . It was not misconstrued. It may have been to you from him. Why I’m the world would I spend more on tires and then spend another 1700 on full leaf if I wasn’t happy and there wasn’t a “if this doesn’t work, we’ll take care of you” conversation? Later he said he never said that. That’s super frustrating. Tyler knows what he told me. If he won’t tell the truth of it, that’s on him. I don’t know what’s going on with the ride. I wish I did. I want it to work. Was it 5-10% better with full leaf? Maybe. It still violently jars up and down on Highway when seams are preset. The professional installer rode in it after initial install, after the full leaf installed and a couple other times trying to figure it out. I have a bunch of people who have looked at it and can verify what is happening. With the option being”sorry you are unhappy, we don’t guarantee ride” answer…What other recourse do I have but to seek legal action to get it corrected? This isn’t a, it doesn’t ride like a soft squishy raptor thing. I know and understand the difference. I honestly am wasting my time with this as far as back and forth with you because you have already made your decision. Yes he did ghost me. He never did respond to me after the last time when he said by end of day or tomorrow at the latest EVERYTHING I said in my typing is 100% truth. You may not like it or agree and I can’t make you. I put this on here so people know. I don’t think your a bad guy. I think you get lots of business from here…and that’s ok! There are a lot of happy customers out there. That’s great. I wanted to be one. But people need to know when someone isn’t happy you won’t do much about it beside what you said. Verify the basics. People deserve to know that as well. I am done on this via this thread. I don’t wish any I’ll will. I wanted to be refunded for expensive stuff not doing what is advertised and being unsafe. I get my experience is not the norm
Per my conversation with Tyler and some on forum. That’s why I bough Carli for a large sum of money. What makes me sad is that company pigeon holes me into a “ride isn’t soft enough” or flat lies to me about saying one thing on the phone then not honoring it! That’s a big deal and one that I’m sharing cause that’s my experience. And you won’t make it right. Why not? Make it right. Right now. On this forum. I’ll thank you and go about my day and you can too. Stand up and step up for your reputation. Or don’t. I can’t make you.

Last edited:
Here is another very happy Carli customer! :cool:

And you won’t make it right. Why not? Make it right. Right now. On this forum. I’ll thank you and go about my day and you can too. Stand up and step up for your reputation. Or don’t. I can’t make you.
I've addressed everything in your post, already. To make something right would be to confirm the install and configuration to ensure you received a product that rides as we tested. We've done that - from all our conversations, your kit is right. This will be my last post in this thread as I feel I've adequately represented our postion and laid out our attempts at correcting the issue.

Maybe it would help/would’ve helped to have the install shop or another carli certified shop look at it and speak to Carli direct about it. Have the shocks been tested/verified at all? I hope it works out in the end for all parties.

Maybe diesel coils in a 7.3 or some bad shocks.

Maybe it would help/would’ve helped to have the install shop or another carli certified shop look at it and speak to Carli direct about it. Have the shocks been tested/verified at all? I hope it works out in the end for all parties.
I agree. Anything extra that could have been done would have been nice

Possible - but very unlikely - Carli offered to give shocks full review if sent in to them and if bad to pay for shipping back and forth. Customer declined the offer - just wanted his money back and claimed they offered full refund, why would they do that?

This seems to be a case where the customer did not know what they were buying (in spite of claiming the did a ton of research in their intial post), did not use a shop familiar with the product and ultimately became unhappy, lost sight of their initial goal and any potential benefits from changes suggested by Carli. The OP has few posts - comes on a public forum - complaining - was given direct advise on how to make adjustment to improve his experience - no matter what change suggested and he claimed to make continued to state
"nothing changed" - For anyone who has the system we know that going from stock springs to deavers - big change - going from 60 PSI to 45 PSI in pressure - big change - adjusting shock from firm to soft - big change - per the OP - none of the changes made "any" difference, later saying may 10% - 15%) , but following that up with it "violently jars up and down on Highway" - that is just not the case with all the other Carli customers experience on here.

Could the OP have bad shocks - maybe - but it sure looks like they just have buyers remorse, kept going down a rabbit hole and want to blame someone and is looking for a bail out, hoping if they complain enough on a public forum they will get a refund. It is clear in reading through this that Carli has gone above and beyond to help out the customer (on and off the forum) - but sometimes you just can't make the customer happy - so you have to move on - I can see why BlackCherry signed off this thread.

i have diesel coils on my gas 7.3, it rides just fine.

I 100% do not believe the OP's truck rides worse with the Carli parts. There is simply no way since the carli coil and spring rates are softer than stock

i have diesel coils on my gas 7.3, it rides just fine.

I 100% do not believe the OP's truck rides worse with the Carli parts. There is simply no way since the carli coil and spring rates are softer than stock
I wish that were the case. The one thing I have learned from this experience is this. I would (sitting where you or anyone on this forum say the same things). Mine is a fluke case I know. I want it fixed. I tried new tires , I bought the full leaf and paid to have it installed. People are like. Ohh it’s busters remorse. It is that this system isn’t working. Something’s weird. I get it’s a one off. Around town it is decent until you get seems in the road. Then it jars violently I don’t know why. Nobody knows. I did what Carli asked. Lower tire pressure. New tires. Bought full leaf kit. FYI. Carli never offered to pay shipping ever. I asked. Tyler never responded to that email. Anyway. I’m jut repeating myself. But I learned that I will not “prejudge” anyone until I walk in their shoes. I came in forum to let people know that Carli won’t back their products if you do what they say but it still doesn’t fix. Yes the psi helped a minor bit. The full leaf did zero. I didn’t think that would be the case. Anyway. No one believes me. That’s ok. I’m done putting more effort and energy into this thread.

The OP sounds level headed and reasonable to me. It doesn't sound to me that Carli is stepping up to the plate on this.

The OP sounds level headed and reasonable to me. It doesn't sound to me that Carli is stepping up to the plate on this.
While he does sound level-headed, expecting Carli to give him a full refund on an installed lift is a little far-fetched. I am not sure any mfg of truck and car parts would agree to give a full refund for installed items which can no longer be sold as new. The parts will have wear marks, install scratches, etc. and even if cleaned up, they will not look new.

While he does sound level-headed, expecting Carli to give him a full refund on an installed lift is a little far-fetched. I am not sure any mfg of truck and car parts would agree to give a full refund for installed items which can no longer be sold as new. The parts will have wear marks, install scratches, etc. and even if cleaned up, they will not look new.
the biggest problem is, one cant find an identical truck with the same carli setup to do a comparison. If one feels OEM suspension is at fault, he can go to the dealer find a truck with the same OEM suspension and test against his own. With a carli kit, how does OP know what Carli is supposed to feel like if he never rode in a carli equipped truck. Thats why when i saw his first post and his comment about “ It rides worse than stock” i knew its a matter of perception problem rather than his truck doing something wrong.

I too felt that my full Pintop rode A LOT stiffer than did my stock right after the install. Now i added a sway bar, loaded weights into the bed, ( all recommendations Dan made) and it feels better. Not a soft ride by any means, but it has softened up a bit. But i never came here and claimed that my pintop rides “worse than stock” . Stiffer is not worse, it’s just tuned for a different purpose. Those Kings are pressured at 250PSI for a reason! Everyone, including you, warned me that pintop is not the best for the road ride, it “feels” stiffer than a commuter or backcountry. But i made my choice and i felt the stiffness. I wanted a softer ride so i consulted with Dan on what can be done.

Anyway, my point being, OP purchased a carli kit without testing one. He likely expected a Lexus ride with a backcountry kit. It didn’t do that for him on his F350. If you or i ride in his truck, i think we might feel thats its 100% fine for what it is where as OP feels that it’s still a truck not a Lexus.

Back