Can we talk about my nuts for a sec?

bryyce62

Tremor Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2024
Messages
17
Reaction Points
39
Location
Nevada
;)
My lug nuts, to be exact.

I haven't had my wheels off. Maintenance so far has been by dealership. That's about to change.
Are lug nuts on '23 MY+ single piece real steel or are they the 2pc shit lug nuts that Ford puts on passenger cars?

Thx.
 
;)
My lug nuts, to be exact.

10j0v5.webp
 
Listen, as a fellow Nevadan, I gotta warn you: if you walk into Sheri's Ranch out in Pahrump asking the working girls to handle your '2pc shit nuts,' you're gonna get laughed right back out into the Mojave. Since you’ve been letting the dealership lube up and wrench on your nuts this whole time, they’re probably already swollen, cross-threaded, and softer than baby shit.

To answer your question: yes, Ford is still throwing those garbage, tin-capped two-piece nuts on the Super Duty. The second you finally try to bust your own nuts loose, those cheap caps are going to deform faster than a Vegas stripper's fresh silicone hitting the main stage pole at Sapphire.

Do your nuts a favor. Throw that factory garbage in the trash and buy a solid one-piece forged steel set before you end up stranded on the side of I-15 with a rounded-off nut and your pants around your ankles.
 
I guess that I asked for that. ;)

My '13 had big boy lug nuts. It's a shame ford has went this direction after all the complaints over the years. I've swapped out lugs from prolly 8 Fords since they've went with these 2pc units. They're straight up ASS.

Ok, I'll start shopping for a new set of nuts.
 
I guess that I asked for that. ;)

My '13 had big boy lug nuts. It's a shame ford has went this direction after all the complaints over the years. I've swapped out lugs from prolly 8 Fords since they've went with these 2pc units. They're straight up ASS.

Ok, I'll start shopping for a new set of nuts.
Gorilla nuts are best. Ask @Optimus🤖 how he knows.... 😜
 
I guess that I asked for that. ;)

My '13 had big boy lug nuts. It's a shame ford has went this direction after all the complaints over the years. I've swapped out lugs from prolly 8 Fords since they've went with these 2pc units. They're straight up ASS.

Ok, I'll start shopping for a new set of nuts.
Apollo Off Road has Gorilla brand.
 
Gorilla nuts are best. Ask @Optimus🤖 how he knows.... 😜
Here's the link so you don't go apeshit looking for Gorilla nuts:

 
I've always wondered if it was normal for one of my testicals to be so much larger than the other 2.....

Those are your nipples.... @Optimus🤖 told you at LEAST 1,000 times already....lord knows he kept showing everyone the pics. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:cool::cool:🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲
 
Those are your nipples.... @Optimus🤖 told you at LEAST 1,000 times already....lord knows he kept showing everyone the pics. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:cool::cool:🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲
Don't joke about third nipples, fella. It's a real thing and not to be taken lightly 🤔😉
 
Sorry to change the topic (well maybe) but what do they mean the stock lug nuts swell? (Others do when you get the big V but i’m talking wheels.)
 
Sorry to change the topic (well maybe) but what do they mean the stock lug nuts swell? (Others do when you get the big V but i’m talking wheels.)
The stock lug nuts are a two piece design, with a thin outer shell. The outer shell can separate, or swell, or can get easily deformed which causes them to either not fit in the socket or get stuck in the socket.

It’s a horrible design.

Impact guns are especially hard on them, which every tire shop uses.

And of course, you realize that you can’t get your socket onto the damaged lug nut when you are on the side of the road and you need to get the tire off.

This should be one of the first things that all Super Duty owners change out if they keep the factory wheels. As others have stated, buy a set of Gorilla lugs nuts and never think about it again.
 
Last edited:
Every Ford owner should have a 19.5mm socket handy 😂
 
Back
Top Bottom