Founding Member
Reaction Points
Miltary
USAF Ret
Current Ride
2020 Ford F250 Tremor Velocity Blue
Current Ride #2
2019 Ford Edge SEL
Wow... so you were right there when things got really dark ... And for the unification!
Yes........I didn't view that time as dark at all......it was uplifting, I was proud of both our countries. After being in Germany I realized the three cleanest, Nicest, most successful countries in the world were Canada, the US, and Germany. Certainly the best people, food, drink, and Autos......housing.....etc....etc....

Pat86B

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Miltary
Bundeswehr
Current Ride
On order: F250 Tremor
Current Ride #2
BMW M4 Competition Convertible
Yes........I didn't view that time as dark at all......it was uplifting, I was proud of both our countries. After being in Germany I realized the three cleanest, Nicest, most successful countries in the world were Canada, the US, and Germany. Certainly the best people, food, drink, and Autos......housing.....etc....etc....
I mean in all honesty, I think Germany has some areas to evolve in and so does the US. Let's take the topic of this thread. By default, people look at Germany and think "Wow, so many good beers" - and while that's certainly true, most of the 380+ different types of beers are owned by less than <10 companies. Not necessarily a big deal, but "Craft beer" isn't a thing in Germany. There's just no market for experimentation and innovation. However, here in the US people take risks and have created some really cool beers. Even Koelsch, from my hometown, has been turned into so many different things here in the US. Really tasty things!

Meh... I'm just being German by (constructively) criticizing my own country...

davidb1841

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Miltary
USAF Ret
Current Ride
2020 Ford F250 Tremor Velocity Blue
Current Ride #2
2019 Ford Edge SEL
I mean in all honesty, I think Germany has some areas to evolve in and so does the US. Let's take the topic of this thread. By default, people look at Germany and think "Wow, so many good beers" - and while that's certainly true, most of the 380+ different types of beers are owned by less than <10 companies. Not necessarily a big deal, but "Craft beer" isn't a thing in Germany. There's just no market for experimentation and innovation. However, here in the US people take risks and have created some really cool beers. Even Koelsch, from my hometown, has been turned into so many different things here in the US. Really tasty things!

Meh... I'm just being German by (constructively) criticizing my own country...
Favorite German beer: PARKBRAU Export!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...in the half Liter bottles that came in a plastic milk crate!!!!

Sludgemonkey44

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Tremor-The Baddest Factory Truck on the Planet!
your stock is rising buddy! That's good stuff and its available and reasonable priced.
It’s my go to bourbon. It stands up well neat, with water, with ice, or mixed. Can’t go wrong and the price is great. Plus, I can get it in a handle (half gallon) at a few stores back at home. I believe you and I could have a really nice weekend/week/month of hanging out talking and drinking great whiskey, there PapaRaptor. Bring IronMan and a few other cats on this site and I call that a party!

OP
driftwoodsvt

driftwoodsvt

First Tremor on Methods!
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor 7.3L Lariat w/ Ultimate & Sport
Found this a few months ago, thought it was pretty cool. Beer was a bit hoppy/ipa for my tastes, but the Metallica design sold me on trying it 🍻

20200119_122342.jpg

PapaRaptor

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F350 Tremor 6.7 Lariat sport
It’s my go to bourbon. It stands up well neat, with water, with ice, or mixed. Can’t go wrong and the price is great. Plus, I can get it in a handle (half gallon) at a few stores back at home. I believe you and I could have a really nice weekend/week/month of hanging out talking and drinking great whiskey, there PapaRaptor. Bring IronMan and a few other cats on this site and I call that a party!
for sure!!!!!

I believe it or not am trying to cut back a bit :cool:

OP
driftwoodsvt

driftwoodsvt

First Tremor on Methods!
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor 7.3L Lariat w/ Ultimate & Sport
Just got some more of one of my favorites! The Reverend. Belgian-style quadrupel ale, and 10% strong! This stuff is great! 🍻

Reverend.jpg

ShiverMeTimbers

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 7.3 Tremor Lariat, Magnetic w/chrooome
Current Ride #2
Duckworth XL 30
Found this a few months ago, thought it was pretty cool. Beer was a bit hoppy/ipa for my tastes, but the Metallica design sold me on trying it 🍻

View attachment 7095
I lived in San Diego for a long time and knew the founders/owners of Stone. Really good people. I'm going to look for this, because I love hoppy pilsners.

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge