Beer thread - what are you drinking?

Wow... so you were right there when things got really dark ... And for the unification!
Yes........I didn't view that time as dark at all......it was uplifting, I was proud of both our countries. After being in Germany I realized the three cleanest, Nicest, most successful countries in the world were Canada, the US, and Germany. Certainly the best people, food, drink, and Autos......housing.....etc....etc....

Yes........I didn't view that time as dark at all......it was uplifting, I was proud of both our countries. After being in Germany I realized the three cleanest, Nicest, most successful countries in the world were Canada, the US, and Germany. Certainly the best people, food, drink, and Autos......housing.....etc....etc....
I mean in all honesty, I think Germany has some areas to evolve in and so does the US. Let's take the topic of this thread. By default, people look at Germany and think "Wow, so many good beers" - and while that's certainly true, most of the 380+ different types of beers are owned by less than <10 companies. Not necessarily a big deal, but "Craft beer" isn't a thing in Germany. There's just no market for experimentation and innovation. However, here in the US people take risks and have created some really cool beers. Even Koelsch, from my hometown, has been turned into so many different things here in the US. Really tasty things!

Meh... I'm just being German by (constructively) criticizing my own country...

I mean in all honesty, I think Germany has some areas to evolve in and so does the US. Let's take the topic of this thread. By default, people look at Germany and think "Wow, so many good beers" - and while that's certainly true, most of the 380+ different types of beers are owned by less than <10 companies. Not necessarily a big deal, but "Craft beer" isn't a thing in Germany. There's just no market for experimentation and innovation. However, here in the US people take risks and have created some really cool beers. Even Koelsch, from my hometown, has been turned into so many different things here in the US. Really tasty things!

Meh... I'm just being German by (constructively) criticizing my own country...
Favorite German beer: PARKBRAU Export!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...in the half Liter bottles that came in a plastic milk crate!!!!

reissdorf-kolsch2.jpg

Reissdorf

your stock is rising buddy! That's good stuff and its available and reasonable priced.
It’s my go to bourbon. It stands up well neat, with water, with ice, or mixed. Can’t go wrong and the price is great. Plus, I can get it in a handle (half gallon) at a few stores back at home. I believe you and I could have a really nice weekend/week/month of hanging out talking and drinking great whiskey, there PapaRaptor. Bring IronMan and a few other cats on this site and I call that a party!

Found this a few months ago, thought it was pretty cool. Beer was a bit hoppy/ipa for my tastes, but the Metallica design sold me on trying it ?

20200119_122342.jpg

It’s my go to bourbon. It stands up well neat, with water, with ice, or mixed. Can’t go wrong and the price is great. Plus, I can get it in a handle (half gallon) at a few stores back at home. I believe you and I could have a really nice weekend/week/month of hanging out talking and drinking great whiskey, there PapaRaptor. Bring IronMan and a few other cats on this site and I call that a party!
for sure!!!!!

I believe it or not am trying to cut back a bit :cool:

Just got some more of one of my favorites! The Reverend. Belgian-style quadrupel ale, and 10% strong! This stuff is great! ?

Reverend.jpg

Found this a few months ago, thought it was pretty cool. Beer was a bit hoppy/ipa for my tastes, but the Metallica design sold me on trying it ?

View attachment 7095

I lived in San Diego for a long time and knew the founders/owners of Stone. Really good people. I'm going to look for this, because I love hoppy pilsners.

Please... where... Must. Find. The. Bloody. Mary. To. Rule. Them. All.
Northern Wisconsin, during gun deer hunting season, The people up there like to eat!!!!!!!! Crazy thing thats probably a $12.00 drink only ( up there the food is crazy cheap)

Back