Banks Pedal Monster Reviews, Questions, and more!

Are you happy with the Banks Pedal Monster?

• Yes

Votes: 39 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 13 24.1%

• Total voters

modified

Admin
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Diesel Tremor
Current Ride #2
2021 Bronco
I thought since we had so many people interested in the Banks Pedal Monster, it would be great to have one master thread with reviews, questions, and comments.

Order was placed. I received the correct discount on top of a sale price. They sent an email to acknowledge the order , then a second to let me know it was being processed. I had a brief chat with the online guy. I have both 7.3 and 6.7. I only purchased one stand alone ( I will use my phone as an app.) They said I could switch it out between the trucks. If I love it will get a second one. Will see. I have purchased product from Banks in the past and found it to be well made and does not harm or shorten the life of your vehicle, while improving performance.

For the price I should probably just bite the bullet and get a second one.

Can anyone explain the difference between the Idash Superguage and the Idash data monster and give any reasons for getting one over the other or to instead get neither and just the standalone? I’m not sure what setup I want, and I’m not finding much information from their website about the differences. Thank you! ???

Can anyone explain the difference between the Idash Superguage and the Idash data monster and give any reasons for getting one over the other or to instead get neither and just the standalone? I’m not sure what setup I want, and I’m not finding much information from their website about the differences. Thank you! ???
Idash super gauge displays several pedal settings so you can switch between them quickly. Also displays user picked vehicle parameters, coolant temp, oil pressure tranny temp, stuff your truck sensors have access to already. Also reads/erases fault codes
Data monster adds data logging.
That’s my take on it.
I went with stand alone because I don’t want anything else to distract me in the cab and I have a separate tool for diagnostic work with a larger interface. I have yet to sit down and go through all the stuff that is on the dash and it’s been almost 4 months.

Last edited:
I thought since we had so many people interested in the Banks Pedal Monster, it would be great to have one master thread with reviews, questions, and comments.
Too late? I emailed Banks directly asking about the discount but maybe you have a group code? Thanks!

Just installed mine, have it in sport mode, level 6. made a huge difference. Need to figure out how to settle down the throttle in reverse, dug a hole in my gravel drive way. Found a great spot to mount it, I will post some pictures later.

Just installed mine, have it in sport mode, level 6. made a huge difference. Need to figure out how to settle down the throttle in reverse, dug a hole in my gravel drive way. Found a great spot to mount it, I will post some pictures later.
I thought I read that it throttles down when you’re in reverse? That was one of the safety features I thought I saw on one of their videos online.

Anyone compared this to the pedal commander ? I had one in my 1/2 ton dodge a few years back and it worked really good.

I thought I read that it throttles down when you’re in reverse? That was one of the safety features I thought I saw on one of their videos online.
Mine says unavailable, could be something I did, its very possible that I missed a step

1618972380982.png

OK, the iPhone didn't get the best picture, but its pretty much above the throttle peddle,
you can use the floor light to the left as a reference. Make sure you sync your phone before you mount it, as the little button is on the back.

Is anyone that is running the Pedal Monster already doing so with a splitter on the OBDII port? Wasn’t sure if it’s worth the trouble on the off chance I need to plug by scanner in or mess with FORscan.

Is anyone that is running the Pedal Monster already doing so with a splitter on the OBDII port? Wasn’t sure if it’s worth the trouble on the off chance I need to plug by scanner in or mess with FORscan.
I'm running a splitter with mine.

Back