Baja Designs Dual Fog light 2020-2022

Have always wanted these. Curios to see if @Jmann
Got the noise figured out. And what’s the argument for ambers on the outside versus on the inside position?
I’ve had a set in my truck for 2500 miles now, I have the lights sitting back as far possible in the bracket. No noise what so ever, I just got back from a trip pulling a boat with my truck loaded with gear and people in 93 degree heat, no noise or issues what so ever. just figured I’d mention this for reference.

Does Baja Design have a backlight/running light option on their pods? I couldn’t find it.

I was comparing manufacturers recently trying to figure out which Pods are best for me (rigid/diode/baja design) and learned that Diode has a backlighting / running lights feature in their pods. That was a WOW to me and an instant decision to install them over anything else on the market.

Backlight Functionality. The Stage Series 2" LED Pod includes a distinctive backlight feature, in your choice of white, amber, red, and blue. The SSC2's backlight fully illuminates the TIR optic, providing a more unique and modern look than the small indicator LEDs found in other products.”

So not only do you have offroad capable pods but the same exact light pod serves as a daily running light, amber front and red for rears. I am sold.

Maybe the other competitors have them too, i just haven’t stumbled upon them yet.

Baja Designs does not a backlight in their Squadron lights. They have amber backlights in the LP4, LP6, and LP9 Pro/Racer lights as well as their S8 light bars.

Do you have factory LED fog lights or factory halogen fogs? If you have OEM halogen fogs, then I do have a solution for you to run Diode Dynamics SS3 lights with functional amber backlights as well as brighter pods, SAE street legal or off-road.

For the rear, we can flush mount the SSC2 in your bumper with red rear facing running lights and white output.

I also offer full plug and play wiring harnesses to work with the vehicle as well. Please send me a PM if we can assist.

Could the Baja Design Fog light bracket be ran with less expensive lights like Diode Dynamics?

Baja Designs does not a backlight in their Squadron lights. They have amber backlights in the LP4, LP6, and LP9 Pro/Racer lights as well as their S8 light bars.

Do you have factory LED fog lights or factory halogen fogs? If you have OEM halogen fogs, then I do have a solution for you to run Diode Dynamics SS3 lights with functional amber backlights as well as brighter pods, SAE street legal or off-road.

For the rear, we can flush mount the SSC2 in your bumper with red rear facing running lights and white output.

I also offer full plug and play wiring harnesses to work with the vehicle as well. Please send me a PM if we can assist.
Nick’s wire harnesses are legit, quality, look and plug in like factory wire harness!

Could the Baja Design Fog light bracket be ran with less expensive lights like Diode Dynamics?
Diode Dynamics SS3 lights are too big for the holes in the Baja Designs mounts. To have the proper aesthetic and fitment, you'll need to run Baja Designs lights.

Thanks Nick. I think i mapped out the rear lights and required harnesses and extensions (diode website had them detailed), but will check them with you and order with you when ready.

Diode Dynamics SS3 lights are too big for the holes in the Baja Designs mounts. To have the proper aesthetic and fitment, you'll

The kit includes two pair of pods. One pair is street legal (SAE) and they're available in white or amber, both options are street legal. The second pair of pods is going to be for off-road use, Squadron Sport or Squadron Pro. The only difference is how bright you want the off-road lights.

We can also customize the kit put in any Squadron light you like. So I you wanted two pair of SAE lights (one white and one amber), you could do that.

One set of lights will work from the fog switch and the upfitter will turn on all 4 pairs of lights. You can also wire them up to two different upfitter switches, if desired.

We have all of the Squadron lights in stock, along with the the Baja Designs fog kits and the XL Linkable kits, no lead times or anything.

Feel free to send me a PM if I can help answer any more questions for you.
Defintely want to order these Baja lights for my 2022. @Nick@ApolloOptics -- your email kicked back. Can you DM me your new email?

Defintely want to order these Baja lights for my 2022. @Nick@ApolloOptics -- your email kicked back. Can you DM me your new email?
Ahh, you may have missed the "-" in the email, but I just responded to you this morning on the message you sent on our contact us page. But I will send you DM with my email and phone number as well.

Got mine installed yesterday. Still need to get my SP-9100 wired in so I can use the Squadron Pro Driving/Combo lights. Does anybody have any advice on where to come through a grommet on the passenger side firewall?

Attachments

• bd fog 1.jpg
    bd fog 1.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 65
  • bd fog.jpg
    bd fog.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 65
Got mine installed yesterday. Still need to get my SP-9100 wired in so I can use the Squadron Pro Driving/Combo lights. Does anybody have any advice on where to come through a grommet on the passenger side firewall?
Unfortunately, there isn't one. You'll need to run it through the driver's side grommet above the brake pedal.

Diode Dynamics has their own kit w the bracket. @Nick@ApolloOptics you sell these?

Diode Dynamics has their own kit w the bracket. @Nick@ApolloOptics you sell these?

Yes sir, we carry the DD fog kits as well. They're available here at the link below:

Yes sir, we carry the DD fog kits as well. They're available here at the link below:

Cool. Figured they'd be a good option for people not wanting to be tied to the BD stuff.

I'm not aware of any on the firewall, but there are some grommets on the passenger side floor board you can come through and then over to the firewall.

I'm not aware of any on the firewall, but there are some grommets on the passenger side floor board you can come through and then over to the firewall.
Got confirmation today from another member that the Switch-Pros SP9100 cable is long enough to go from the front cubby through the grommet behind the driver pedals and then back over to mount on the SDHQ under hood mount. That is definitely going to be easier than trying to find and fish through on the passenger side. I appreciate your input.

I'm having trouble aiming the fog lights. I have them slid pretty far forward on the oblong mounting hole, if not all the way forward. Every time I try to push them to aim higher, the light housing contacts the outer fascia. Should I move them back in the mount? Or what am I doing wrong?

Back