Any 1000 yd shooters?

i have to have high power glass myself

how these guys keep groups all in and on top of each other with low power glass is beyond me.

the reticle covering the whole target, down range & keeping a tight group???? i can't seem to manage it, or there's a trick i don't know about????

if I'm gonna hit a gnats ass i gotta see a gnats ass!!!!!
😂🤣😂🤣😂😂
 
i have to have high power glass myself

how these guys keep groups all in and on top of each other with low power glass is beyond me.

the reticle covering the whole target, down range & keeping a tight group???? i can't seem to manage it, or there's a trick i don't know about????

if I'm gonna hit a gnats ass i gotta see a gnats ass!!!!!
😂🤣😂🤣😂😂
I typically run 3-18ish optics. I rarely shoot past 12X though. FFP optics where the reticle stays true at any magnification helps, as the reticle is smaller at lower mag, so it covers up the same amount of target regardless of magnification.
 
The longest I’ve done was a 1,378yd hit on a man sized target with my 20” 6.5 creedmoor Tikka. That was really fun - way more misses than hits at that ranged it’s really tough to shoot well at that distance.

The longest meaningful shot I’ve taken was last hunting season, 978yds on a bull elk. He was down in those aspens. I set a personal cap of shooting 600yds during a hunt, and lo and behold I find a bull at the bottom of a canyon with a perfect spot to shoot from up top with no good alternative. My ballistic binos were dialed in but there must have been a different wind in the canyon than I expected, the guy loafed around like normal after two good shots so it was clear they didn’t connect.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5153.webp
    IMG_5153.webp
    437.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5157.webp
    IMG_5157.webp
    294.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5160.webp
    IMG_5160.webp
    224.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5166.webp
    IMG_5166.webp
    811.4 KB · Views: 13
The longest I’ve done was a 1,378yd hit on a man sized target with my 20” 6.5 creedmoor Tikka. That was really fun - way more misses than hits at that ranged it’s really tough to shoot well at that distance.

The longest meaningful shot I’ve taken was last hunting season, 978yds on a bull elk. He was down in those aspens. I set a personal cap of shooting 600yds during a hunt, and lo and behold I find a bull at the bottom of a canyon with a perfect spot to shoot from up top with no good alternative. My ballistic binos were dialed in but there must have been a different wind in the canyon than I expected, the guy loafed around like normal after two good shots so it was clear they didn’t connect.
Idaho? That looks exactly like an area I hunted a couple years ago around Swan Valley
 
If you become a member, or know a member, you should have access to their 1000 yard range in Folsom. Stretching is fun!
I know the club you speak of in Wilton. The membership has a waiting list multiple years long to access the long range and I don’t know anyone that is a member already.

Sac Valley is where I normally go to play with gun. It’s only about a 30 min drive from my house in Folsom and they go out to 300 yards for the public
 
Back
Top Bottom