Aftermarket Wheels & Tire size/offset photos

Carbonized Gray : If you zoom in on the second pic, those specks are the flake I had them add to the top coat. Not too crazy, but gives it a little kick in the sun. After getting these done at that shop, I had an idea to get my old 305HDs done, just need to pick a color. I learned a lot from the shop owner about how the coatings work, the layering, get applied in order.

IMG_1675.webp


IMG_1668.webp
 
Anyone running Method 305s...is the HD version necessary for our trucks?
I am running them and yes - HD version is needed to handle load of our trucks

Hoping I didn't screw up?!?
I went with the standard version of the 701 Bead Grip (understood those to be load rated higher than the OEM wheels) due to the 701 HD not being available in the 17" size I wanted (I probably would have gone with the HD for extra peace of mind if they had been).

8 months in, so far so good...
 
Hoping I didn't screw up?!?
I went with the standard version of the 701 Bead Grip (understood those to be load rated higher than the OEM wheels) due to the 701 HD not being available in the 17" size I wanted (I probably would have gone with the HD for extra peace of mind if they had been).

8 months in, so far so good...
Standard wheels are rated for 3640lbs each, so unless you are running more than 7300lbs on either axle, I wouldnt worry about it. Most tires people are running on these trucks aren't even rated for much more than the wheels.
 
Yes, and most of the OEM wheels are rated @ 3,590 lbs
 
Standard wheels are rated for 3640lbs each, so unless you are running more than 7300lbs on either axle, I wouldnt worry about it. Most tires people are running on these trucks aren't even rated for much more than the wheels.
If you tow a 5th wheel toybox you will approach or exceed 7,300 on the rear axel - still they standard wheels are strong and likely fine for street use - but you plan on "spirited" off road driving or towing heavy (12k +) then the HD wheels are a nice insurance policy with a bit more strength.
 
Last edited:
If you tow a 5th wheel toybox you will approach or exceed 7,300 on the rear axel - still they standard wheels are strong and likely fine for street use - but you plan on "spirited" off road driving or towing heave (12k +) then the HD wheels are a nice insurance policy with a bit more strength.
Cool, I dont have an F350 so I'd actually be curious to see how that math works out based on GVWR/ Rear GAWR to get to that. Highest GVWR I could find online for an SRW F350 is 11,400lbs so the only way you could get there is having basically nothing else in the truck and only 4,100lbs on the front axle (my wee little F250 gasser rolled across the scales with 4300 on the steer axle, for reference).

Not trying to be an ass, genuinely curious (I also live where the chippies aggressively enforce this stuff).
 
For the $280 difference I went ahead and upped to the HD versions as an insurance policy. I often err to the side of too beefed up though so 🤷‍♂️
 
Cool, I dont have an F350 so I'd actually be curious to see how that math works out based on GVWR/ Rear GAWR to get to that. Highest GVWR I could find online for an SRW F350 is 11,400lbs so the only way you could get there is having basically nothing else in the truck and only 4,100lbs on the front axle (my wee little F250 gasser rolled across the scales with 4300 on the steer axle, for reference).

Not trying to be an ass, genuinely curious (I also live where the chippies aggressively enforce this stuff).
Along those lines, here's my info:
2021 F350 XLT 6.7 SRW CCLB - 18" OEM wheels listed were the same as the Tremor (just not black)
2021 F350.jpg
 
Just installed a wicked 2.5” level and Hostile Vulcan 20x10 -19 w/ Toyo RT trail 37/12.50. Still have a bit more trimming do but really happy with the outcome thus far.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2201.webp
    IMG_2201.webp
    262.8 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_2200.webp
    IMG_2200.webp
    160.6 KB · Views: 388
The Method HD's at 4500 lbs have a higher weight capacity than almost any tire you will mount on them, so the argument is a bit pointless. Doubly so when you consider axle ratings. Generally, the best you can hope for in the popular AT and MT profiles is a 128 load rating, which is 3968 lbs. Some exceptions to that on the high side, but few and far between like hen's teeth.

The stock Tremor wheels have a load rating of 3590 lbs, so if you mount standard Methods at 3640 lbs you're not exactly short-changing your truck or anything.

The folks who really need to drill down on their tire and wheel load ratings are the full wall, hardside truck camper folks. When it comes to fifth wheels featuring a pin weight that comes close to maxing out the payload of an F350... well that is a massive beast and speaking personally is not something I'd tow with a SRW.

Anyways, the argument is academic except for a small sliver of Super Duty owners.

My $.02... worth what you paid for it.
 
When it comes to fifth wheels featuring a pin weight that comes close to maxing out the payload of an F350... well that is a massive beast and speaking personally is not something I'd tow with a SRW.
OT - That is the problem with 5th wheel toyboxes - they are just heavy and for anything north of 36' they really are dually territory! I have a ATC 3619 (36'), which I bought as it was the max trailer I would tow with my F-350 Tremor. Loaded it is about 16k (16.8k GVWR) and the pin weight is pushing 3,400 lbs. (versus ATC claimed 3,050 lbs.) and that is with a SXS in the back to help with pin weight. When looking at my max payload - it is at or near the limit - when you look at the scales ticket shows you are close to max of rear axel rating as well - so realistically a dually would be a better tow vehicle choice - but for the 80% of the time the truck is not towing that load and has a lot more uses than I could get out of a dually. So like everything it is a compromise - just trying to make it all work!

Sorry for off topic to OP!
 
New set up for me
Method 305 18x9 -12 offset with a 35x12.50
Factory height
Trimmed some plastic due to a slight rub from the offset View attachment 130641View attachment 130642View attachment 130643View attachment 130644View attachment 130645
There is a set of methods off marketplace by where I live for $1000 with TPMS and Lugs, guy only had them on his truck for 5 months then traded it in. Im thinking of reaching out see if he'll take $800 cash but I want to make sure these will have the tires sticking out of the wheel well by about 1 - 1.5 inches is that about what these wheels provide with the -12 offset?
 
The Method HD's at 4500 lbs have a higher weight capacity than almost any tire you will mount on them, so the argument is a bit pointless. Doubly so when you consider axle ratings. Generally, the best you can hope for in the popular AT and MT profiles is a 128 load rating, which is 3968 lbs. Some exceptions to that on the high side, but few and far between like hen's teeth.

The stock Tremor wheels have a load rating of 3590 lbs, so if you mount standard Methods at 3640 lbs you're not exactly short-changing your truck or anything.

The folks who really need to drill down on their tire and wheel load ratings are the full wall, hardside truck camper folks. When it comes to fifth wheels featuring a pin weight that comes close to maxing out the payload of an F350... well that is a massive beast and speaking personally is not something I'd tow with a SRW.

Anyways, the argument is academic except for a small sliver of Super Duty owners.

My $.02... worth what you paid for it.
Summed up perfectly.
 
2024 Platinum F250 Anit-Matter Blue. Reverse level, 35x12.50x18 BFG TA KO2, 18X9 +12mm Innvo8 G500 wheels. I was a teenager in the 80's that still prefers the polished/chrome looking wheels.

View attachment 144923View attachment 144924View attachment 144925
Dont feel bad. I just ordered a set of machined polished aluminum wheels for my Tremor in carbonized grey. I was born in 80s and still like the look. THink the black wheel craze is overplayed now day.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0515.webp
    IMG_0515.webp
    296.8 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0516.webp
    IMG_0516.webp
    128.4 KB · Views: 107
  • 72834685466__102323E9-035F-4F6A-90A5-06CD1D4C8DE3.webp
    72834685466__102323E9-035F-4F6A-90A5-06CD1D4C8DE3.webp
    421.6 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0794.webp
    IMG_0794.webp
    141.3 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0789.webp
    IMG_0789.webp
    346.1 KB · Views: 102
Back
Top Bottom