7.3L Exhaust: Stainless Works Redline

1000004416.jpg

Well I finally did it now I can stop talking about it and asking questions. Thanks to everyone for the input I appreciate it and am hoping this is a nice complement to the redline I already have. I'm probably one of the few that is going after the loud obnoxious sound. Seems like it will make the truck louder with a great tone from the videos ive seen. And I'm sure those videos aren't doing it justice. Should I order those 02 defoulers before install or is that really only a concern with the ARH headers?

I found a guy who can install these in a couple weeks for me. He seemed concerned about using the Hi temp rtv and reccomeneded I buy gaskets for the headers as it doesn't seem these come with the SW kit. Have any of you who've installed these gone and bought factory gaskets. I ordered them through Ford today it was a total of like 32$. Will the factory ford gaskets work with the stainless works exhaust? He was also concerned the headers and cats aren't CA compliant and said it'll be a matter of time before a CEL is thrown. This guy is a local motor builder and well known and respected in the area. Does anyone have any input or experience with these headers. I did see somewhere on this forum mentioned they are EPA compliant not sure if that's the same as CA compliant. I also did order the 02 defouler spacers for the rear 02 sensors in case.

View attachment 144852
Well I finally did it now I can stop talking about it and asking questions. Thanks to everyone for the input I appreciate it and am hoping this is a nice complement to the redline I already have. I'm probably one of the few that is going after the loud obnoxious sound. Seems like it will make the truck louder with a great tone from the videos ive seen. And I'm sure those videos aren't doing it justice. Should I order those 02 defoulers before install or is that really only a concern with the ARH headers?

I would definitely buy and install the foulers.

I found a guy who can install these in a couple weeks for me. He seemed concerned about using the Hi temp rtv and reccomeneded I buy gaskets for the headers as it doesn't seem these come with the SW kit. Have any of you who've installed these gone and bought factory gaskets. I ordered them through Ford today it was a total of like 32$. Will the factory ford gaskets work with the stainless works exhaust? He was also concerned the headers and cats aren't CA compliant and said it'll be a matter of time before a CEL is thrown. This guy is a local motor builder and well known and respected in the area. Does anyone have any input or experience with these headers. I did see somewhere on this forum mentioned they are EPA compliant not sure if that's the same as CA compliant. I also did order the 02 defouler spacers for the rear 02 sensors in case.

I bought cometic gaskets from Summit, I also wasnt a fan of the RTV method. Pretty sure they were less than $40

I bought cometic gaskets from Summit, I also wasnt a fan of the RTV method. Pretty sure they were less than $40
Yea the ford dealer ordered them for me for OEM which stainless works said will work were 32$. I'll make sure I have them throw the defoulers on when they install them. SW also said if I get a CEL they can usually get a tune to fix that but the guys didn't specify what they change. I already have the 5 star updated tunes being worked on.

Yea the ford dealer ordered them for me for OEM which stainless works said will work were 32$. I'll make sure I have them throw the defoulers on when they install them. SW also said if I get a CEL they can usually get a tune to fix that but the guys didn't specify what they change. I already have the 5 star updated tunes being worked on.

Tuners are less likely to remove the CEL with the EPA cracking down.

Tuners are less likely to remove the CEL with the EPA cracking down.
Thanks for your advice on this...I have very basic understanding of how things work. And wanted to make sure everything the installer was saying seemed accurate. He did a great job of explaining just wanted to do a double check. I'm excites to hear these bad boys on the truck in person it goes in March 5th

For those with the knowledge, what is the difference between the 1" 7/8 primary vs. the 2" primary? Which one do I need for the 7.3?
From what I was told the 2" is more for boosted applications where as the 1 7/8" is for NA applications. I'm sure someone else can confirm and or offer more elaborate explanation. I have the 1 7/8" on mine

My AFE got louder after about 6 months. Still not obnoxious but a little more growl than first installed.

For those with the knowledge, what is the difference between the 1" 7/8 primary vs. the 2" primary? Which one do I need for the 7.3?
Most go with the 1 7/8" pipes when sticking with NA. If you're planning to add a blower, you can go 2". 99% of our customers stick with the 1 7/8" option.

Most go with the 1 7/8" pipes when sticking with NA. If you're planning to add a blower, you can go 2". 99% of our customers stick with the 1 7/8" option.

And even if you add a blower later on, you'll be fine. The 2" are more for all out drag racing.

Back