Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
22MY F250 Star White Lariat Tremor
Current Ride #2
22MY Winnebago Voyage 2831RB
Just received this in the mail today:

PXL_20231229_221412981.jpg

Although I don't have one of the listed vehicles apparently I'm getting $100. They must be blanketing all 7.3 owners. I went through the request process and it stated 4-6wks to get my payment.

View attachment 138899

Although I don't have one of the listed vehicles apparently I'm getting $100. They must be blanketing all 7.3 owners. I went through the request process and it stated 4-6wks to get my payment.
So, we only have 415 horsey's!!!??? 🤬 Lol, jk. My truck is plenty strong enough 😎

That’s interesting. I had heard there were several different tunes available in the 7.3L, pick ups being the most powerful, can’t remember if it was motorhomes or ambulances or whatever that got the lowest tune. There was also a pretty strong correlation between lifter failures and these de-tuned motors (again NOT the pickup version). Either way I guess it’s $100, to keep the truck you already like that has nothing to do with this notice. Win, win!

View attachment 138899

Got the same thing today. Haven't put the request in yet though.

That’s interesting. I had heard there were several different tunes available in the 7.3L, pick ups being the most powerful, can’t remember if it was motorhomes or ambulances or whatever that got the lowest tune.
The impacted vehicles use the dyno-certification emissions procedure for heavier loaded vehicles (14000+ GVWR). The lower output is required to meet this stricter emissions requirement.

Our trucks use the chassis-certification emissions procedure since they are in a lighter classification (8500-14k) and a full vehicle build vs. a chassis cab.

I got one too...not sure exactly win...I only go thru mail every couple weeks. I guess they will send another Amazon GC like did because my truck sat at KMS for 3 months?

Update...Just completed registration looks like they are sending a check....

Last edited:
I got the same notice. Weird how they would hand out checks for unaffected vehicles but I guess it’s a bank error in our favor.

I found this drop in my morning Google Feed - not that I would have changed my decision on motor selection, but interesting nonetheless.

Figured we can use this thread as a tracker for if anyone gets some cash coming in?

I received a letter for my 21 to get $100. I almost tossed it because that was 2 trucks ago, but it says I’m still entitled to the money because I was the original owner.

15hp is nothing really. But it costs WAY more than $100 to make 15hp. Lol

I received a letter for my 21 to get $100. I almost tossed it because that was 2 trucks ago, but it says I’m still entitled to the money because I was the original owner.

15hp is nothing really. But it costs WAY more than $100 to make 15hp. Lol
The article says nothing about the F250 and F350. And those trucks have the full rated power that is not reduced for commercial use. What was your '21?

2022 F350 Tremor. I received a letter in the mail from Ford last week. My truck does everything I need it to do, but this is kind of annoying. What else is there that they have not disclosed. I’m happy with my truck. Maybe not so happy with Ford.

Last edited:
The article says nothing about the F250 and F350. And those trucks have the full rated power that is not reduced for commercial use. What was your '21?
Mine was a 2021 tremor 7.3. I know what letter states , but it also had my VIN# that was in fact the VIN from my 21 tremor. 🤷🏻‍♂️. I’ll take the $100 if they give it

Misleading of course. Super Duty owners can receive only $100 for the mistake. E-Series owners lost more power and a bit of torque, so the offer goes up to $300 for them.

Mine was a 2021 tremor 7.3. I know what letter states , but it also had my VIN# that was in fact the VIN from my 21 tremor. 🤷🏻‍♂️. I’ll take the $100 if they give it
Jrod,

Your timing on this is perfect! Mine is a '21 also and I got my $100. offer in the mail yesterday. Just now opened it. Pretty funny.

So, I guess we have 15 HP less than we thought we had. I wonder how $100. equals 15 HP? There must be a formula there somewhere. :unsure: I think it means don't sue us and make us fix it. Now I know why that weakling 7.3 won't get out of its own way! Not.

I wonder if, to get the refund, we have to promise no further action? That seems like the real reason to make the offer. Not that I would try to make them "fix it" anyway.

Jrod,

Your timing on this is perfect! Mine is a '21 also and I got my $100. offer in the mail yesterday. Just now opened it. Pretty funny.

So, I guess we have 15 HP less than we thought we had. I wonder how $100. equals 15 HP? There must be a formula there somewhere. :unsure: I think it means don't sue us and make us fix it. Now I know why that weakling 7.3 won't get out of its own way! Not.

I wonder if, to get the refund, we have to promise no further action? That seems like the real reason to make the offer. Not that I would try to make them "fix it" anyway.
The best part is that I traded that truck in a year and a half ago and I still get the $100 Winning!!!!!!

The best part is that I traded that truck in a year and a half ago and I still get the $100 Winning!!!!!!
Same here. Too bad it takes four weeks to get the money. But I’ll take it.

@Raspy I don't think they're mutually exclusive. While I haven't received mine yet, I would surmise that it is the result of someone else's action against Ford...which I can only wonder how that whole conversation got started over such de minimis numbers.

Back