7.3 gas or 6.7 diesel?

LOL Ya right.

Clearly youre not a regular on here (Your 87 reactions points confirm this), or dont read the threads, because its been discussed as to why I certainly made the right choice.

I Just find it amusing when guys who dont tow heavy or often try to justify their decisions to buy the stinky money pit named 6.7.

And lets be real, if you said "Hey, I dont need a diesel, I just want it and got what I wanted" thats fine.

But to try to convince us you made a sound decision buying a 6.7 to drive to work and back, or to take to the mall unloaded, shows just how silly some people are.
OH yeah. You're definitely upset about it. Your unsolicited long winded response speaks volumes.

Did you just try to discredit me based on fake internet points?

Did you just try to assert I don't read the forum because I don't follow your personal story as if you are in anyway shape or form important at all?

LMAO. Delusional fruit cake.

OH yeah. You're definitely upset about it. Your unsolicited long winded response speaks volumes.

Did you just try to discredit me based on fake internet points?

Did you just try to assert I don't read the forum because I don't follow your personal story as if you are in anyway shape or form important at all?
Someone has a grade 10 education and PTSD. That ,makes no sense. LOL

Those 6.7 fumes must be going to your head

I’ve always found this site amusing due to those that try to tell others they spent their money wrong
People like that are everywhere. I've been on internet forums for a decade or more.

Lots of people out there who are just generally unhappy with their lives and take it out on others anonymously online.

They're clowns, sad little clowns.

My truck sits a lot and is not a daily driver but does tow a 7600# trailer so I went 7.3.

If your gonna run it and work it then consider the 6.7.
The good news is......they're the best engine choices in their class. ?

I'm new here and getting close to pulling the trigger on ordering a Tremor but struggling between 7.3 gas or 6.7 diesel. I don't do a lot of towing but we do have a camper that is 7,000 pounds that we use in the summer. For those of you that have the 7.3 gas, how does it handle towing 7,000 + pounds? Do you ever wish you would have bought the diesel? Wondering if the $10K more for the diesel is necessary for pulling my camper 10 times per year. thanks
I thought about diesel but I really don't need it. Only things I tow are a boat and a tractor. I live in truck country and a lot of guys used to run diesels. But they are moving away from them especially now with the 7.3 becoming available. While diesels do have incredible longevity, so much salt gets put on the roads up here the truck won't outlast the engine. I know a couple of guys whose hunting trips out west were interrupted when the DEF system sent their trucks into limp mode on their way out. With the added cost of the diesel, lack of really good local mechanics and repair costs the 7.3 made more sense to me. Now I know guys who really need diesels everyday - excavators, loggers and such. Either way I think you will be happy.

No it’s not. It’s a .1 and 1.3 mph faster. Oem tune.
“It's quicker than the 7.3, even though it's 674 pounds heavier than the F-350 Tremor we tested. Quicker than a gas-only Ram Power Wagon, too. Let this thing rip, and it'll hit 60 mph in 7.2 seconds and the quarter mile in 15.5 seconds at 92.2 mph. That's a tenth quicker to both marks and traveling 1.3 mph faster at the end.”
“Seems as if the new V-8 weighs less than the old one, though, despite being larger in displacement and cleaner and making much more power. Go, science!
The slightly heavier 2020 model hits 60 mph in 7.3 seconds before tackling the quarter-mile in 15.6 seconds at 90.9 mph. The 2017 beastie gets to 60 mph in 7.5 seconds and runs through 1,320 feet in 15.9 seconds at 88.8 mph.”
The video I saw of the 7.3 quarter mile was low 17s. If only there was a way to settle this like the old days!

Not talking about a fist fight but it is Wednesday night and we are both about the same distance from the drag strip! Wednesday night drags are still going despite covid. You pick the day and we can settle this for everyone at Sonoma Raceway!

The video I saw of the 7.3 quarter mile was low 17s. If only there was a way to settle this like the old days!

Not talking about a fist fight but it is Wednesday night and we are both about the same distance from the drag strip! Wednesday night drags are still going despite covid. You pick the day and we can settle this for everyone at Sonoma Raceway!
Sonoma sounds like a lot of fun but is a little to far for me to convince my wife to do. I may have to hit up Yellowstone Drag Strip this summer on tow rig night just to see what it will do.

Well a 6.7 is on the table. Do we have a 7.3 challenger??? Lol.

Diesel beats ranger

This Tremor clocked in a 6.75 second 0-60 MPH time at one-mile above sea level. This time can be about one second quicker at sea level. This is the quickest heavy duty truck we have ever tested before at our track over the last six years.

I echo what most others have said. 6.7 vs 7.3 is really a personal decision based upon the various factors that are important to you and your truck; all are relevant to the truck owner and may be totally irrelevant to every other single person on the planet. It doesn't help really answer the question other than to say there is no answer because no one else knows your intentions for your truck. I also weighed the decision extensively. For me, my main factor in choosing diesel was range.

A 50 gallon tank in the bed (tonneau and 5th wheel compatible) and 60 gallon mid ship replacement give me 110 gallons on board. At 12-21 MPG (my estimate of heavy towing to unladen), that's damn near the entire way from Las Vegas to Washington DC (a route I drive round trip 2-3 times a year) with just a single refueling stop, one I intend to make around Missouri for the less expensive fuel I always seem to find there.

By comparison, a 7.3L getting 8-14 MPG with the stock 34 gallons and no real replacement or auxiliary options is at least 6-10 fill ups if not more.

And no, I'm not driving straight through and stop plenty to stretch the legs and what-not, but the option to not have to refuel every 3-4 hours while towing at interstate speeds appeals to me very much.

Range is by far the biggest one for me. I was all set on the 7.3 from the "it can easily do the work I need it to" perspective. But knowing how many times I'd have to stop when doing long cross-country runs (even though I don't do them that often these days). If Ford had put a nice 45+ gallon tank on the Tremors / short bed super duties - the 7.3 would be a complete winner for me.

I know someday the after markets will get a bigger gas tank for us. But who knows when that will happen?

Considering the stats I got were from motor trend I would trust them.

Of course if you want roast your tires....

Sonoma sounds like a lot of fun but is a little to far for me to convince my wife to do. I may have to hit up Yellowstone Drag Strip this summer on tow rig night just to see what it will do.
We gotta do it at sea level and give those naturally aspirated gas motors every advantage. Can't have excuses after the fact!

Funny side story, I just ran into Richtor at the store and he was rulibbing me about my 1/4 mile claim. I hadn't looked at the thread until after the fact and see that it got another 60 responses and some people getting all serious about it!

I know I certainly make my heavy duty pickup purchases based on 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. Oh, and don't forget top speed. Gotta have that as a frame of reference too.
I was pretty certain my sarcasm came across pretty thick in my original comment! Guess it was missed by quiet a few people. Odd since this is the 4th time this debate has gone down lately and they all went the same way.

Everyone needs to take a chill pill! Everyone who had a non sarcastic response was right! Both motors are a good choice no matter what YOUR reason is. ITS YOUR REASON. Maybe I did pick mine for quarter mile time and top speed. I definitely choose it because it gets more chicks! Even got the front bench seat so I can have all 5 of my chicks in there with me!

Best advice is probably not asking someone else what you should pick. I asked the dealer what motor was better and he couldn't have been wrong. He said the 6.7 and gratefully accepted my slightly larger stack of cash. What a good guy!

Last edited:
Ahhh you gotta have a little sarcasm.....just ask the wife.
Good thing is, truck owners are thick skinned ?

Back