7.3 gas or 6.7 diesel?

Just did a short trip with our 7k lb camper. Towed the same exact setup with a 1998 Expedition 5.4 Triton and a 2011 F150 Ecoboost over last 18 years. Same Equalizer hitch. Hell same wife and kids. The Triton was gutless but bulletproof. Ecoboost was sufficient and towed “fine”.

However when you’re merging onto I-95 and you need to get on it, you’ll know that extra $10k was worth it. No such thing as too much thrust or too much ammo.

Do you have to run premium in the 7.3?

I'd go see that, don't see any events on there site though
I don’t see the Friday street nights listed on their site anymore either. Looking at their Facebook they did a street night with pickup class on July 23rd. Will have to keep an eye on FB for the next street night. Maybe we can get a 7.3L vs 6.7L Tremor race going.

I don’t see the Friday street nights listed on their site anymore either. Looking at their Facebook they did a street night with pickup class on July 23rd. Will have to keep an eye on FB for the next street night. Maybe we can get a 7.3L vs 6.7L Tremor race going.
That would be cool, although I'm afraid something would break on mine and i will have to sell a kidney to fix it

Maybe we can get a 7.3L vs 6.7L Tremor race going.
Who cares about racing a 7.3 against a 6.7?

1. The 6.7 is faster. 2. Who cares? 3. That's not why I bought a Tremor. 4. What does it prove? 5. I'll be out camping and exploring, while you guys go street racing.

1. The 6.7 is faster. 2. Who cares? 3. That's not why I bought a Tremor. 4. What does it prove? 5. I'll be out camping and exploring, while you guys go street racing.
Uh I believe someone earlier in the thread said the 6.7 gets more chicks. That’s #6. ?

I love the diesel, but the not really needing it anymore and the anticipated repair costs out of warranty are scaring me, but my brother has a 2012 6.2 and you have to pull the cab on that too, so i don't know it seems with all the electronics on any of me repairs are fairly high. Haven't had any major diesel repairs yet but all the horror stories are kinda scaring me
Just remember you only read about the 10 trucks that have major repairs and never hear about the 1000000 that work just fine for a lifetime. For some reason those folks don't write as much. But they do keep ford selling the most trucks out if any other manufacturer.

Of course my numbers and statement are completely bias and by the seat of the pants. But I love my diesel.

Do you have to run premium in the 7.3?
No. You can of course but the manual specs 87 octane. Some folks like premium for towing.

Uh I believe someone earlier in the thread said the 6.7 gets more chicks. That’s #6. ?
Depends on what kind of women you're trying to get. ;) Also I figured out a long time ago I only need one good one. ?

Make no mistake if this happens it will be the most important race in our lifetimes. It will decide all things and end all forum discussions permanently, and whichever one loses all trucks with that motor will lose all value and if my sources are correct probably won't even run. Or maybe it is just for shits and giggles because it came up in a forum discussing the two motors.

All fun and games until this pops up waiting at the tree Lol
Note: photo provided by duck duck go stock photo search. All applicable terms and conditions may apply. May be offensive to some readers. Not applicable to pre 2011 model year or within North Korea. This photo and warning is intended for comedic purposes only.

Attachments

• 6D009D1C-76C6-42A7-B5B2-F005325AEE36.jpeg
    6D009D1C-76C6-42A7-B5B2-F005325AEE36.jpeg
    80.6 KB · Views: 66

Ha! You’ll be in the overflow camping spot cuz the 6.7 got to the campground first.

It settles a useless internet argument:ROFLMAO:.

I'm new here and getting close to pulling the trigger on ordering a Tremor but struggling between 7.3 gas or 6.7 diesel. I don't do a lot of towing but we do have a camper that is 7,000 pounds that we use in the summer. For those of you that have the 7.3 gas, how does it handle towing 7,000 + pounds? Do you ever wish you would have bought the diesel? Wondering if the $10K more for the diesel is necessary for pulling my camper 10 times per year. thanks
One thing I considered was resale value … the diesel holds its value insaningly well. Just one thing I took into account.

Diesel is 2 seconds faster in quarter mile. Better fuel mileage. Better towing. Gets more chicks.

Only thing the gas motor has is it's lighter and costs less.
I thought they had almost the same quarter mile times. Because of the weight difference.

D
More like 0.1 Tremor to Tremor. https://www.zeroto60times.com/body-style/pickup-truck/. I also remember seeing a 2 second comparison but if memory serves it was Tremor to non Tremor just can’t seem to find the article.

As for max towing in full rated trucks is only 1600lbs difference in F250 1900 lbs F350. Another thing is F350 full rated variations gas will have approximately 500LBS more payload than similarly equipped 6.7L. May be a non issue for OP with stated trailer. In 250 varieties payload is very close to the same sine the standard GVWR is upped on the 6.7L to cover the extra engine weight.

The diesel is going to have a range advantage with the better fuel economy and has larger aftermarket tank options that are not available for gas at this time.

In the Tremor the diesel is only a $8500 adder. Depending on fuel costs in your area the better fuel economy cost savings can be offset by the typically higher diesel prices. If running the penny pinching # depending on how many miles you drive per year and how long you want to keep it could actually be cheaper in the long run to get the diesel with predicted higher resale on the diesel. Lots of calculators out there that address this. With current fuel prices and a assumed 30% depreciation in 5 years I won’t save enough in operating costs to cover the extra price of the diesel. My coworker on the other hand using same calculations comes out to the good after 5 years using his expected annual mileage numbers. That is assuming the diesel at time of resale in 5 years will fetch $6500 more than gas.

If following the manual both engines should be fairly reliable but Deisel has some different driving recommendations for the emissions system to work correctly. They recommend limiting idle time and short trips on the diesel.

Both options will get the job done well and more of a personal preference thing on what you want really want.

P.S. the 7.3L handles 7K trailer with ease even going over the continental divide.
More like 0.1 Tremor to Tremor. https://www.zeroto60times.com/body-style/pickup-truck/. I also remember seeing a 2 second comparison but if memory serves it was Tremor to non Tremor just can’t seem to find the article.

As for max towing in full rated trucks is only 1600lbs difference in F250 1900 lbs F350. Another thing is F350 full rated variations gas will have approximately 500LBS more payload than similarly equipped 6.7L. May be a non issue for OP with stated trailer. In 250 varieties payload is very close to the same sine the standard GVWR is upped on the 6.7L to cover the extra engine weight.

The diesel is going to have a range advantage with the better fuel economy and has larger aftermarket tank options that are not available for gas at this time.

In the Tremor the diesel is only a $8500 adder. Depending on fuel costs in your area the better fuel economy cost savings can be offset by the typically higher diesel prices. If running the penny pinching # depending on how many miles you drive per year and how long you want to keep it could actually be cheaper in the long run to get the diesel with predicted higher resale on the diesel. Lots of calculators out there that address this. With current fuel prices and a assumed 30% depreciation in 5 years I won’t save enough in operating costs to cover the extra price of the diesel. My coworker on the other hand using same calculations comes out to the good after 5 years using his expected annual mileage numbers. That is assuming the diesel at time of resale in 5 years will fetch $6500 more than gas.

If following the manual both engines should be fairly reliable but Deisel has some different driving recommendations for the emissions system to work correctly. They recommend limiting idle time and short trips on the diesel.

Both options will get the job done well and more of a personal preference thing on what you want really want.

P.S. the 7.3L handles 7K trailer with ease even going over the continental divide.
Didn’t the diesel go 15.5 and the 7.3 went 15.6. That’s not a very big difference.

Latest Discussions

Back