5th Wheel Hitch

Curt 20 K with 24 puck type base It is very heavy but is easy to remove and install Sliding type 5th wheel hitch

IMG_4816.jpeg

I like my sliding hitch for hooking and un hooking. With it slid back, it leaves enough room to keep tailgate down and back into hitch without hitting trailer. Besides that, I can turn almost 90 with it slid forward.

I like my sliding hitch for hooking and un hooking. With it slid back, it leaves enough room to keep tailgate down and back into hitch without hitting trailer. Besides that, I can turn almost 90 with it slid forward.
yes same my former truck (chevy) was a few inches shorter in the bed length and you could not close the tailgate with slide all the way back like I can do with my Tremor

Great information from all.....I really appreciate the responses from you guys. Now I just need to decide if I am going to try and pull the trigger on one or just keep my bumper pull. I love the thought of a 5th wheel and definitely think that is the way to go....just a small thing called $$ that gives me pause. ha.

Cheers everyone!!🍻

Great information from all.....I really appreciate the responses from you guys. Now I just need to decide if I am going to try and pull the trigger on one or just keep my bumper pull. I love the thought of a 5th wheel and definitely think that is the way to go....just a small thing called $$ that gives me pause. ha.

Cheers everyone!!🍻
I’m going to go look at a new 5th wheel tommorow. If the price match I’m buying it. Only live once.

Did you do it? What did you get?
Wholly shit. That thing was a pile! Brand new Heartland needed the ceiling redone it was peeling so badly. I think the guy was paid per exposed staple installed as staple heads were showing on ever truss and stud in the unit. Not 1 or 2 I mean near a hundred.

Floor sagged as you walked. Severe dirt with aluminum shavings in the outside kitchen. Oh and yellowish caulk on white surfaces.

All for the low price of $62,000.

Was hard to pass up lol

Wholly shit. That thing was a pile! Brand new Heartland needed the ceiling redone it was peeling so badly. I think the guy was paid per exposed staple installed as staple heads were showing on ever truss and stud in the unit. Not 1 or 2 I mean near a hundred.

Floor sagged as you walked. Severe dirt with aluminum shavings in the outside kitchen. Oh and yellowish caulk on white surfaces.

All for the low price of $62,000.

Was hard to pass up lol

A bit off-topic, but we've been dealing with similar issues on our brand new 5th wheel. I sum it up this way: the components/layout/design are all good. The assembly is abhorrently bad. Speaking to some friends who recently bought new rigs, they echo this observation.

-SR-

A bit off-topic, but we've been dealing with similar issues on our brand new 5th wheel. I sum it up this way: the components/layout/design are all good. The assembly is abhorrently bad. Speaking to some friends who recently bought new rigs, they echo this observation.

-SR-
Unfortunately that seems to be SOP for most RV manufacturers - garbage quality. I have been looking for a "quality" RV 5th wheel and most look like they were put together by 3rd graders. I'm currently looking at a new company and their Brinkley Z3100 5th. Initial feedback from recent owners has been positive, but who knows.

Holy cow.....that sucks....and they want a pile of cash for these things. I looked at my first one this weekend, and I will keep on looking. It was a Raptor and was $98K. It really wasn't equipped all that well either. Not super motivated at this point. I think I will keep my bumper pull for now. Gotta see how the new truck pulls it anyway :cool:

Unfortunately that seems to be SOP for most RV manufacturers - garbage quality. I have been looking for a "quality" RV 5th wheel and most look like they were put together by 3rd graders. I'm currently looking at a new company and their Brinkley Z3100 5th. Initial feedback from recent owners has been positive, but who knows.
I just bought my second Grand Design on Saturday. Upgrading from a bumper pull to 5th wheel. IMOP they have the highest basic level of quality of the various manufactures. I have a few friends that have them as well and they swear by them.

I just bought my second Grand Design on Saturday. Upgrading from a bumper pull to 5th wheel. IMOP they have the highest basic level of quality of the various manufactures. I have a few friends that have them as well and they swear by them.
Looking at A Grand Design fri or sun this week.

I'm using the Andersen Ultimate to pull my 2019 Open Range 374BHS. The hitch weighs about 35 lbs and I can stow it in the front storage compartment when I set up so I have my bed free. If you want to try them both out I'll throw it in when you buy my 5th wheel!

Looking at A Grand Design fri or sun this week.
We enjoy ours seems well made no issues

My brother in law got a Forest River same type and size as ours, lots of issues. broken plastic faucets , flooring bubbles up, slides not working properly. The Service is disappointing. They even got an extended Warranty .

In all fairness RV are made light but they don't have to be made cheap and flimsy.

IMG_8241.jpeg

What are you running on your Tremor or other Super Duty Truck, and how do you like it? As of now, I'm leaning towards the B&W Companion in 25k setup for our Ford Puck System.
Yep…that’s a good one.. excellent choice

Raptor is the "upscale" version of our Carbon, but built at the same place, so I doubt it's built any better. Like I tell people, the components/layout/design are all fine, but they way they assemble things is just ridiculous and I've learned from talking to other (including you folks) that is often par for the course, with few exceptions.

We also liked the Grand Design Momentum 320G and looked high and low to see one in person, but never could find one. We liked the layout of this Carbon and went that route instead. If I had it to do over again, I probably would pay the extra $ for the Momentum (assuming I liked what I saw in person).

All that being said, my in-laws bought a 2017 Keystone Avalanche and it's quite nice. They bought it used, so if there had been any issues initially, I'm assuming the previous owners resolved them. Also, I can't help but wonder if the already-borderline assembly quality of these rigs fell off of a proverbial cliff when the "COVID RV boom" hit and they were cranking them out at a fever pitch.

-SR-

I will have to check out the Grand Design. My bumper pull is an XLR but same thing as mentioned above...I bought it used so I believe the original owners probably got the kinks worked out for me. So far no major issues. Great information on this thread from my perspective....thank you everyone for your insight. Cheers and enjoy your weekend.

Back