2024 MY Super Duty Order/Schedule/Build Thread

Well got a call from ford customer care and was told that my delivery date was changed to June 15 now :mad:(and that just an estimate I’m not counting on it ever getting there) I just can’t believe it takes over 2 months to get a truck that’s 3 hours away. ( I can drive to Florida in 20 hours) So not sure what to do about it should I just cancel it. I have been waiting 19 months for this truck and its just sitting in purgatory why I don’t know with no help from ford or my dealer this is very disappointing and frustrating and thinking of walking away and placing and order for a 2025 through another dealer out of state that I know can actually get the truck.
Maybe post the trim and features you ordered, and maybe one is on a lot? My dealer has multiple carbonized grey diesels. They had a KR when I picked up my Lariat, not sure if they still do. I think they are becoming more abundant, at least around here. Shipping is not such a big deal, especially if you can arrange a good discount from MSRP.

well guys I finally got it. I got the email and got my VIN and a scheduled build date. it was ordered on 2/12/2024 email received today 5/2/2024 scheduled build date is to begin the week of June 24, 2024.

2024 lariat ultimate tremor
Glacier Grey
Baja interior max recline
6.7 HO
sport appearance
5th wheel prep
moonroof
power steps
transmission PTO
Cab Lights

will admit rather pissed off at the moment, that according to ford website chat that the truck will not come with the massaging seats. they said it was only on the limited and there is no option to retrofit it, this was due to a chip shortage. which lets be real its been 4 years since covid, figure the shit out. but they did offer a whopping 300 dollar credit, for 1,700 bucks worth of massaging seat parts. my initial knee jerk reaction is to refuse delivery and try again in 2025. but I have time to cool off and see what I want to do when it actually gets here.

side question does anyone know when the 2025s will start? or when we will have more information on them?

well make that a three week delay, got the email from ford last night saying it was changed to the week of 7/15/2024.

so my question still stand, we do we find out 2025 color info?

Cross-posting this here to try and help a forum member:

Hey everyone - I ordered this truck and will not be taking delivery as I was able to order and buy the same truck from another dealership much sooner. Thought I'd pass this along if anyone is interested.

Truck just landed at the dealer: https://www.kearnymesaford.com/inventory/new-2024-ford-super-duty-f-250®-lariat-4x4-crew-cab-1ft8w2bn0red65297/

2024 Lariat (not Ultimate) Tremor 7.3L - Rapid Red
Black Appearance Package
Dual Battery
Upfitter Switches

Stickers for $75,770 and the dealer would have accepted Xplan had I continued with the purchase there.

How long does it take a F-350 Platinum to get scheduled? I ordered one in January, fully loaded with HO.

How long does it take a F-350 Platinum to get scheduled? I ordered one in January, fully loaded with HO.
Hard to say. Depends on the options you selected. From what I have read, the spray in bed liner really hurts one for time wise of getting the truck built.

We ordered F-250 Platinum H.O. on 5/4/24, first day of built was set for July 8th. It now has been pushed back to 7/15.

I think it's really just a roll of the dice.

Have you not had any updates from Ford? This is how I'm tracking the process of our truck.

Hard to say. Depends on the options you selected. From what I have read, the spray in bed liner really hurts one for time wise of getting the truck built.

We ordered F-250 Platinum H.O. on 5/4/24, first day of built was set for July 8th. It now has been pushed back to 7/15.

I think it's really just a roll of the dice.

Have you not had any updates from Ford? This is how I'm tracking the process of our truck.
Yes, last email said they are working on a scheduled build date.

Yes, last email said they are working on a scheduled build date.
Same with me. Ordered mine 4/3/24 and it’s still “working on your scheduled build date” - I may just order a ‘25 if I don’t hear anything more in the next couple months.

It takes up to 45 days to get a build date. My vin and date came in at day 45.

If you want a 25 you will have to order after September

It takes up to 45 days to get a build date. My vin and date came in at day 45...
better than average chance it'll take longer than that.

Come September, if I haven't got a date I like, I'll objectively look at a 25 versus the 25 Ram when the new ZF 8 speeds are backing them up.

Nope something is not right, I would go to another dealer.

Did you get an email from ford saying they have your order? 45 from that date you get a build date. I’m thinking your dealer has no allowance for an orderer

Why do you say that?
It should not take that long to get scheduled. You either have some extremely limited options or a low volume dealer. I order my Lariat, Tremor, 6.7 on 4/23, Ford confirmed on 4/29. On 5/2 I received my VIN and a scheduled build date the week of 6/3. Mine was exceptionally fast, yours seems exceptionally slow. See if you can figure out what is causing the delay. Do you have a copy of your DORA?

Did you get an email from ford saying they have your order? 45 from that date you get a build date. I’m thinking your dealer has no allowance for an orderer
45 days after Ford confirms is not entirely true. Waited nearly two years after confirmation on our Bronco. Waited nearly 6 months on a Raptor.

Yes. Got an email the day I ordered it from Ford. Two emails since then saying they are working on a scheduled build date. It’s a fully loaded F350 Platinum Tremor HO

It should not take that long to get scheduled. You either have some extremely limited options or a low volume dealer. I order my Lariat, Tremor, 6.7 on 4/23, Ford confirmed on 4/29. On 5/2 I received my VIN and a scheduled build date the week of 6/3. Mine was exceptionally fast, yours seems exceptionally slow. See if you can figure out what is causing the delay. Do you have a copy of your DORA?
What is DORA?

What is DORA?
That is the confirmation from Ford to your dealer. A dealer will not typically give the customer a copy so you will have to request one. It confirms that what you ordered is what Ford is going to build. On that DORA is a Priority Code. That code is entered by the dealer to prioritize how quickly your order is built. If it is coded as "99" it won't ever be built. Most common is 10-19. Anything below a 10 has to be coded by the factory. These are reserved for emergency builds. Replacing a defective vehicle, etc.

That is the confirmation from Ford to your dealer. A dealer will not typically give the customer a copy so you will have to request one. It confirms that what you ordered is what Ford is going to build. On that DORA is a Priority Code. That code is entered by the dealer to prioritize how quickly your order is built. If it is coded as "99" it won't ever be built. Most common is 10-19. Anything below a 10 has to be coded by the factory. These are reserved for emergency builds. Replacing a defective vehicle, etc.
I have a copy of the order preview I signed. It shows priority code 19

I have a copy of the order preview I signed. It shows priority code 19
That is what the dealer sent to Ford. You want a copy of what Ford sent to the dealer. PC-19 is pretty standard. Now you need to see if Ford entered the same code. Also confirm that your color and options are correct.

Back