14.4" Screen for the 2020-2021 Trucks

I did Autotec.

Much of my time was spent trying to figure out how to unhook some of the plugs. They have some little hidden tabs which were not obvious to me.
I hear ya, some of those are frustrating with big fingers

I also am trying to avoid using the old Sync 3 "console" portion. I listen to a few local radio stations and went through about half a dozen radio apps but the only one that had all my stations was the iHeart radio app which also works in Apple Carplay

When doing the installation, I was trying to think of the portions I would not be able to figure out if I reverted back to the OEM Sync 3 unit. One is the position of these rubber button pads on the circuit boards. So I took a photo before I pulled the pads off. Here is the photo in case anyone needs it.

Attachments

• IMG_8313.JPG
    IMG_8313.JPG
    564 KB · Views: 83
I use mine with polarized sunglasses with no issues. I was concerned too, as I had a Linkswell version in my Raptor a few years ago and couldn’t view it with my polarized sunglasses. Happy to report no issues at all with this one.

Unfortunately, I haven’t found a way to run the ambient temperature in the status bar without rooting the tablet. You can run a widget on the home screen, but it won’t be visible when using CarPlay or any apps.
Finally -- thank you for this information !

If someone could figure out this out, I would certainly buy - you know if autotec could change this, or is this an OS limitation? I would imagine apps have the ability to run custom icons on the status bar, no? When you say you can run a widget, this widget can display truck data - e.g. tire pressure / outside temp / etc. ?

Finally -- thank you for this information !

If someone could figure out this out, I would certainly buy - you know if autotec could change this, or is this an OS limitation? I would imagine apps have the ability to run custom icons on the status bar, no? When you say you can run a widget, this widget can display truck data - e.g. tire pressure / outside temp / etc. ?
Yes, I run custom icons from lines with Nova Launcher

Can you display truck data? Like examples I posted?
Youd have to have an OBD connected to bluetooth to display any vehicle Data, I've seen that done but I wouldnt suggest it because it will mess with your bluetooth connection to your phone. Weather widgets and anything else in the playstore can be added.

Youd have to have an OBD connected to bluetooth to display any vehicle Data, I've seen that done but I wouldnt suggest it because it will mess with your bluetooth connection to your phone. Weather widgets and anything else in the playstore can be added.
they also make hardwire connectors as well, wonder if there is support for that…

My truck was in the shop and the dealer gave me a loaner with that bigger screen. I was very satisfied with what I have but now I want that bigger screen. My concern is access to the 360 view and the zoom, I use them to hook up my 5er camper. I have seen the video where it shows the backup view but what about the zoom shot when you're about to hitch the camper? My camper has Ford OEM camera harness, could it get that camera?

If this is possible, I will get this installed.

I've been surfing a lot looking at different big screen options, LinksWell Inc has a big screens for Fords. The newest one is the T-Style XL at 15 inches is what they call a "floating screen". They also have the factory fit and style Gen 6. I'm thinking that I'm going with the XL.

I've been surfing a lot looking at different big screen options, LinksWell Inc has a big screens for Fords. The newest one is the T-Style XL at 15 inches is what they call a "floating screen". They also have the factory fit and style Gen 6. I'm thinking that I'm going with the XL.

Have you researched the loss of certain functions with the Linkswell? There are people here who have removed their Linkswell and replaced it with the Autotec and like the Autotec better.

Have you researched the loss of certain functions with the Linkswell? There are people here who have removed their Linkswell and replaced it with the Autotec and like the Autotec better.
I asked this very question, rumor was this new generation was to keep all functions like the AT unit. Apparently, that is not the case.
1689948811912.png

I think I may have had a clip come loose or the damn USB cables rattling around (I havent secured them yet) but so far other than somewhat slow to connect to apple play wirelessly, I love having the bigger screen.

More research needed. I'm not too worried about the heater problem being that I live in southwest, BUT because of that I do like being able to track my truck's location. I could get an apple tag, but then your iPhone will tell you that a tag is following you.

back to the drawing board...

More research needed. I'm not too worried about the heater problem being that I live in southwest, BUT because of that I do like being able to track my truck's location. I could get an apple tag, but then your iPhone will tell you that a tag is following you.

back to the drawing board...
I'm on the fence about the autotec unit myself. I hate that the linkswell unit does not allow GPS to work, but nothing is ever perfect.

I know the autotec unit works well now. Though i worry years from now if the truck ever gets updated or phones get updated that the autotec unit will become unstable.

As for the apple tag. I've heard of people taking the speaker out of it. Iphones will still notify that the tag is near but without the speaker (if the tag is well hidden) its very tough to find the tag.

I'm on the fence about the autotec unit myself. I hate that the linkswell unit does not allow GPS to work, but nothing is ever perfect.

I know the autotec unit works well now. Though i worry years from now if the truck ever gets updated or phones get updated that the autotec unit will become unstable.

As for the apple tag. I've heard of people taking the speaker out of it. Iphones will still notify that the tag is near but without the speaker (if the tag is well hidden) its very tough to find the tag.
Can always return to stock, as for what is out currently the autotec unit has the best technology as far as resolution, processing power and operating system.

Latest Discussions

Back