X Plan Purchase Rules.

camotruk

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Military
USAF Veteran
Good morning,
I ordered a 2022 F450 Platinum in January and finally got a build date (First Oct 31 then Nov 7 and now the week of Nov 14th). Since I've ordered, some things have changed. I sold my camper and got out of camping for the time being and also sold my 2020 F450 Platinum while the market was hot.

I have a $3000 PCO that I hope can be reactivated as I ordered before it expired and also was hoping for price protection and was going to use my wife's X-Plan pin to buy. If all works out, I think I can be all in on this truck for a pretty good price assuming they don't jerk me around.

Are there any rules in the PCO, X-Plan, or Price protection requiring me to keep the vehicle for any certain amount of time. Ideally, I'd like to buy it, drive it home, wait on the title and list it for sale. If I don't do this, then the dealer is just going to do the same thing and I'd rather reap the benefits for my nearly year wait on the truck.

Good morning,
I ordered a 2022 F450 Platinum in January and finally got a build date (First Oct 31 then Nov 7 and now the week of Nov 14th). Since I've ordered, some things have changed. I sold my camper and got out of camping for the time being and also sold my 2020 F450 Platinum while the market was hot.

I have a $3000 PCO that I hope can be reactivated as I ordered before it expired and also was hoping for price protection and was going to use my wife's X-Plan pin to buy. If all works out, I think I can be all in on this truck for a pretty good price assuming they don't jerk me around.

Are there any rules in the PCO, X-Plan, or Price protection requiring me to keep the vehicle for any certain amount of time. Ideally, I'd like to buy it, drive it home, wait on the title and list it for sale. If I don't do this, then the dealer is just going to do the same thing and I'd rather reap the benefits for my nearly year wait on the truck.
The plan says 6 months or they can revoke your plan eligibility for future purchases and require you to pay what Ford paid the dealer for a commission if they don’t like your reason for violating the rules. https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/howitworks/how_it_works.do ,please note your partner code is required to look at the document.

Also note that your dealer must agree to allow you to use X-Plan - they are not "required" to honor X-Plan. Hopefully you and your dealer agreed to this in advance and you have it in writing. I had a dealer order me a truck, agree to X-Plan, I had it in writing, then when truck was built say they would not honor it. Ford would do nothing about it. I found another dealer who agreed and honored it.

Also noted that 8 months after my truck delivery I got a call from dealer and Ford was auditing their X-Plan sales. I had to provide the certificate again and proof of membership and eligibility to be part of the plan. So keep good records.

The PCO would have to be applied or in some way attached to your order prior to expiration by the dealer to lock it in. It's not an automatic process. If the dealer did not do that then you probably won't be able to use it. No rules however requiring you to keep the truck for a period of time.

The PCO would have to be applied or in some way attached to your order prior to expiration by the dealer to lock it in. It's not an automatic process. If the dealer did not do that then you probably won't be able to use it. No rules however requiring you to keep the truck for a period of time.
There actually is a 6 month retention of ownership requirement in the X-plan rules hidden in the titling section. If not kept for 6 months the penalty clause could apply. I believe you are correct on the PCO having to have incentive protection enacted at time of order.
96803F5D-1EE1-413E-92C4-16155E16705B.png

38F08165-B48E-4A46-8BB7-3A0CE6112E31.png

On the latest PCO I received, it says it's not eligible with x plan.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221006-065615_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221006-065615_Chrome.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 49
There actually is a 6 month retention of ownership requirement in the X-plan rules hidden in the titling section. If not kept for 6 months the penalty clause could apply. I believe you are correct on the PCO having to have incentive protection enacted at time of order.
View attachment 62242
View attachment 62243

I was only talking about the PCO in my post. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

So I used an X-pin and PCO and paid roughly $7500 under msrp. It was price protected as well. Interesting to know the 6-month requirement as the dealer called me the day after I took delivery of the 250 and said that my allocation to order a ‘22 Raptor was available and asked if I wanted to order it. I submitted the order that day (June 5th) and the Raptor is on its way to Austin as I got the shipped email yesterday. I haven’t decided what to do yet but if the dealer let’s me trade in the Tremor for the Raptor, they would effectively let me break the 6-month requirement. Hmm. Interesting! Thinking about keeping the 250 and flipping the Raptor or vice versa. The market is softer than it was previously so flipping either probably isn’t as lucrative as others have experienced.

So I used an X-pin and PCO and paid roughly $7500 under msrp. It was price protected as well. Interesting to know the 6-month requirement as the dealer called me the day after I took delivery of the 250 and said that my allocation to order a ‘22 Raptor was available and asked if I wanted to order it. I submitted the order that day (June 5th) and the Raptor is on its way to Austin as I got the shipped email yesterday. I haven’t decided what to do yet but if the dealer let’s me trade in the Tremor for the Raptor, they would effectively let me break the 6-month requirement. Hmm. Interesting! Thinking about keeping the 250 and flipping the Raptor or vice versa. The market is softer than it was previously so flipping either probably isn’t as lucrative as others have experienced.

The language is there so Ford has some control to prevent customers using X plan to flip vehicles. If you're doing a trade and still ending up with "1 new Ford vehicle" at the end, I doubt anyone would care. This is especially if it's all with the same dealer.

If I am not mistaken, the Raptor does not qualify for X-Plan since it's an SVT vehicle, like the Shelby Mustang and GT40.

The language is there so Ford has some control to prevent customers using X plan to flip vehicles. If you're doing a trade and still ending up with "1 new Ford vehicle" at the end, I doubt anyone would care. This is especially if it's
If I am not mistaken, the Raptor does not qualify for X-Plan since it's an SVT vehicle, like the Shelby Mustang and GT40.
Right! I used the X-plan for the ‘22 Tremor.

I thought I read a lot on here they have to call and get the PCO reactivated. I asked multiple times while it was still valid and they told me they do it when it comes in that there was nothing to input until we were completing the sale. I need to get my wife to trade her '21 Sienna in on my '23 Yukon XL Denali Duramax that should be coming in next month (I was going to buy that for me but this 6 month requirement talk has me thinking to do this) and then take delivery of my 22 F450 when it comes in...in the mean time order a 23 F350 SRW KR and hope that it comes 6 months after the F450 Delivery so I can use my X Plan on it and my newer $2000 PCO that I just got and make that my daily

Back