YES 6.7 powerstroke
YES Tremor
YES KR ultimate package with power steps
YES Adaptive cruise
YES Clean carfax & not originally sold in Canada
YES Under 30,000 miles or darn close - 40,883 miles

NO Clearance lights - add them yourself or live without
NO Spray in bed liner - add yourself $595 at Line-X
I know I’m balking over a $95 option new but cab lights have always been a must have for me on each truck. And I’ve looked into doing them after the fact before on past possible purchases and ultimately was told by multiple Ford dealerships that it’s over $1300 for parts and labor and then they only warranty the electrical side of things but don’t warranty the water intrusion aspect if god forbid they leak
Here is another:

804 miles to Tupelo MS

YES 2022 King Ranch
YES Black over Stone
YES 6.7 powerstroke
YES Tremor
YES Adaptive cruise
YES Clearance lights

NO Under 30,000 miles or darn close - 71.098 miles
UNKNOWN Spray in bed liner - if not, add yourself $595 at Line-X

Little too high on the mileage for me on that one

Here is a third

587 miles to Marietta GA

YES 2022 King Ranch
YES Star White Monochrome
YES 6.7 powerstroke
YES Tremor
YES Adaptive cruise
YES Under 30,000 miles or darn close - 12,386 miles !!!!!

NO Clearance lights - add them yourself or live without
UNKNOWN Spray in bed liner - if not, add yourself $595 at Line-X
Again, no cab lights. I’m PA boy that transplanted to FL for work. Up north it always seemed like all HD’s, including SRW’s were always opened with them. Even non-special orders that were just spec’d for lot sales.

Then I came south and it almost seems like the opposite. Local dealer has 11 SRW HD’s and they’re all slick tops. Wonder if that’s a region thing cause a lot of born and raised southern guys at work say they prefer the look without them.

And statically speaking, it seems like a very low percentage of the trucks within 500 miles of my zip code have them on cars.com or Autotrader

Fifth one is almost new, only 3,300 miles ... but he wants new money for it too

1317 miles to Boerne TX

YES 2022 King Ranch
YES Star White Monochrome
YES 6.7 powerstroke
YES Tremor
YES Clearance lights
YES Spray in bed liner
YES Under 30,000 miles or darn close - only 3,314 miles

UNKNOWN Adaptive cruise - need to call and ask

Screenshot 2024-07-08 231615.jpg

btw glad to help :) .... I have been doing lots of searching for myself lately, so
I guess I have honed my skills ... in less than an hour I found for you 6 unicorns

1. Bryant AR - everything but clearance lights
2. Tupelo MS - everything but miles too high
3. Marietta GA - everything but clearance lights
4. Owasso OK - everything* on your list - $72k with 28k miles
5. Boerne TX - everything* on your list - $92k with 3k miles
6. Hobbs NM - everything but clearance lights

have a great everning!

btw glad to help :) .... I have been doing lots of searching for myself lately, so
I guess I have honed my skills ... in less than an hour I found for you 6 unicorns

have a great everning!
Wow, you nailed those for the OP. Hope he appreciates the help. Nice work.

have a great everning!
I’ll definitely reach out about the one in Ok and see where the convo goes.

I’ve previously talked to the guy in Tx. I know with what I’m looking for the seller certainly has the upper hand and that I’m not in a great position to haggle but he is dead set firm.

I still thought about it briefly but when my local dealer with that i have a good relationship with said I’d be lucky to get $67k if I turned around and tried to immediately trade it in, it really hit home how much of a premium I’d be paying

Hey guys,

Been looking for what I have now come to realize is a bit of a unicorn since last November and growing frustrated. Have multiple dealerships on lookout for it but with the lack of luck so far, one of the associates suggested this forum as a place I might entice someone to sell

So I’m looking for the following:

2022 King Ranch (year and trim is not negotiable)
White over stone is first choice
Black over stone is second choice
White mono or black mono is 3rd choice
Must have:
6.7 powerstroke
Tremor
KR ultimate package with power steps
Clearance lights
Adaptive cruise
Clean carfax & not originally sold in Canada
Spray in bed liner
Under 30,000 miles or darn close

Anything else additionally on the window sticker would be fine with me

Tonneau cover and/or factory winch is great but not a deal breaker

Preferably within 1000 miles of 34997 zip code (SE Florida)
I am selling exactly what you want, but in a '23. As an added bonus, it's the HO 6.7.

I am selling exactly what you want, but in a '23. As an added bonus, it's the HO 6.7.
Your truck is perfectly spec’d! If Ford had allowed the 23+ KR to have the upgrade headlights, taillights and tailgate; we for sure would be talking right now.

I’ve previously talked to the guy in Tx. I know with what I’m looking for the seller certainly has the upper hand and that I’m not in a great position to haggle but he is dead set firm.
Given the approximate time when it was bought, I'd wager he's massively underwater (or just hasnt paid attention to the market recently) it's 3 model years old in a time when most dealers are offering discounts on new trucks and auction prices are tanking. Sure, you are looking for something specific, but hardly unique, dont undersell your advantage as a buyer. That truck will probably still be available 6 months from now if you are patient and want to let him sweat a little.

Your truck is perfectly spec’d! If Ford had allowed the 23+ KR to have the upgrade headlights, taillights and tailgate; we for sure would be talking right now.
Coming from my two '22 KRs to the '23, I would never go back.

Not sure what you mean by tailgate? The 23 is power up/down, that was a nice additional feature over the '22 as well.

Not sure what you mean by tailgate? The 23 is power up/down, that was a nice additional feature over the '22 as well.

and the tailgate now has an additional camera and proximity sensors in the top rail ... they become active and useful when the tailgate is down

I was under the impression in 23+ in order to get the reverse camera that works with the tailgate down, you have to go up to platinum or limited?

I was under the impression in 23+ in order to get the reverse camera that works with the tailgate down, you have to go up to platinum or limited?
Nope, my KR has it

Not sure my 22’ f250 KR ultimate had different headlights then my 23 KR. My 23 headlights are great. I do have the auto leveling / turn with steering wheel ones on my lightning and almost find them annoying honestly. Yes the tail lights are different and used to care but don’t anymore. Don’t see them anyway

I was on the fence about accepting my 23 but I really think these trucks look great now - especially my two tone - tech/ cameras are awesome- tailgate down camera is great.

The inside is more refined / better detail compared to my 22 and the steering /turning is better IMO.

But if you can find a 22 in exactly what you want go for it. You’re driving it everyday so you need to be the one that loves it. But I also wouldn’t complain about someone “selling it too high “. If you want something you probably have to pay a premium and don’t mind if it’s within reaching distance of a new truck with same options and trim because you are in love with a 22’. I never regretting paying too much for something I really wanted ….because if you don’t buy it someone will.

I wouldn’t go back to my 22’ but It was a damn good looking truck .

I find the new tremor wheels with the small machined lip match the small amount of chrome better on mg KR then the Matt black ones last years.

Anyway it’s a lot of money either way so don’t settle. Get what you want and look back everyday when you park it. The last thing is you do is settle then pass someone who has the exact truck you wanted then you will be pissed.

Not sure my 22’ f250 KR ultimate had different headlights then my 23 KR. My 23 headlights are great. I do have the auto leveling / turn with steering wheel ones on my lightning and almost find them annoying honestly. Yes the tail lights are different and used to care but don’t anymore. Don’t see them anyway

I was on the fence about accepting my 23 but I really think these trucks look great now - especially my two tone - tech/ cameras are awesome- tailgate down camera is great.

The inside is more refined / better detail compared to my 22 and the steering /turning is better IMO.

But if you can find a 22 in exactly what you want go for it. You’re driving it everyday so you need to be the one that loves it. But I also wouldn’t complain about someone “selling it too high “. If you want something you probably have to pay a premium and don’t mind if it’s within reaching distance of a new truck with same options and trim because you are in love with a 22’. I never regretting paying too much for something I really wanted ….because if you don’t buy it someone will.

I find the new tremor wheels with the small machined lip match the small amount of chrome better on mg KR then the Matt black ones last years.

Anyway it’s a lot of money either way so don’t settle. Get what you want and look back everyday when you park it. The last thing is you do is settle then pass someone who has the exact truck you wanted then you will be pissed.
I echo your sentiments - initially I was peeved coming from my '22 to a '23 about going from projector LED headlights to reflective LED, but in practice, I don't notice a difference. Same on the tail lights. I didn't like the thought of halogens, but I don't see them anyway.

The fit, finish, comfort and aesthetics of the '23 interior vs the '22 is an order of magnitude improved. The max recline seats are a substantial improvement from the relatively unsupportive seats in my '22.

In terms of the additional power of the HO, the smoother suspension on the '23 vs '22, and the improvements on the center stack and Sync 4, you couldn't give my my '22 back.

Good choice on going '22, those 23+ got hit with the pretty stick :D No love for the Lariat BAP? I basically optioned mine like a platinum...minus the seats of course.

I echo your sentiments - initially I was peeved coming from my '22 to a '23 about going from projector LED headlights to reflective LED, but in practice, I don't notice a difference. Same on the tail lights. I didn't like the thought of halogens, but I don't see them anyway.

The fit, finish, comfort and aesthetics of the '23 interior vs the '22 is an order of magnitude improved. The max recline seats are a substantial improvement from the relatively unsupportive seats in my '22.

In terms of the additional power of the HO, the smoother suspension on the '23 vs '22, and the improvements on the center stack and Sync 4, you couldn't give my my '22 back.
I’ll keep my ‘21! None of them are worth the 25k plus more they want now!

Last edited:
Nope, my KR has it

Interesting!

My local salesman who I’ve always felt was pretty knowledgeable told me when I was trying to build out a 23 KR last year that I’d have to go up to limited or platinum to get the following:

-Power up tailgate
-Reverse cam in tailgate down position
-HUD
-Projector headlights
-LED tails

I appreciate the extended review. I found it pretty interesting and certainly something to consider

A friend of a friend works at Ford and he stated from a light output standpoint the the projector and reflective housing in the 23+ are arguably negligible to the naked eye. He said the difference is really just in the cutoff and general appearance of the beam.

Made me feel a little bit better about the headlights but I still think it’s dumb they got rid of it as an option on Lariat and KR.

Have not driven a 23+ yet so it’s interesting to hear multiple people think it rides smoother

My 23 was much better than my 22 and my 24 has been just as good if not better so far. Agreed on not going back. OP should buy @Longrangehunter truck.

Not going to lie, his pics make it a very appealing truck

Good choice on going '22, those 23+ got hit with the pretty stick :D No love for the Lariat BAP? I basically optioned mine like a platinum...minus the seats of course.

Absolutely love the look of a BAP lariat. Probably more than a KR but I’m in love with the Interior of a KR and it’s what you see more off on the day to day grind lol

View attachment 162330
Looks great but a little too high on mileage for me

Interesting!

My local salesman who I’ve always felt was pretty knowledgeable told me when I was trying to build out a 23 KR last year that I’d have to go up to limited or platinum to get the following:

-Power up tailgate
-Reverse cam in tailgate down position
-HUD
-Projector headlights
-LED tails

I appreciate the extended review. I found it pretty interesting and certainly something to consider

A friend of a friend works at Ford and he stated from a light output standpoint the the projector and reflective housing in the 23+ are arguably negligible to the naked eye. He said the difference is really just in the cutoff and general appearance of the beam.

Made me feel a little bit better about the headlights but I still think it’s dumb they got rid of it as an option on Lariat and KR.

Have not driven a 23+ yet so it’s interesting to hear multiple people think it rides smoother

Not going to lie, his pics make it a very appealing truck

Absolutely love the look of a BAP lariat. Probably more than a KR but I’m in love with the Interior of a KR and it’s what you see more off on the day to day grind lol

Looks great but a little too high on mileage for me
Just commenting on what your salesman shared:

-Power up tailgate ('23 KR has it)
-Reverse cam in tailgate down position ('23 KR has it)
-HUD ('23 KR has it and I LOVE IT)
-Projector headlights ('23 KR is reflector, I feel that the cutoff is still really good in the reflector design, but not as good as projector)
-LED tails ('23 KR does not have it)

Back