weird steering behavior

I’m curious what everyone’s steering angle is going down the road, and what the offset steering angle is.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7904.webp
    IMG_7904.webp
    227.6 KB · Views: 14
I’m curious what everyone’s steering angle is going down the road, and what the offset steering angle is.
I think mine was like -8 degree. The offset is constantly adjusting it isn't a fixed number.
 
Anyone figure this steering tightness out more? I’ve had the IVD relearn the cameras relearned, alignment check all mechanical components and the random tightness is still there depending on the road and if in a turn or crown the system just does not like the 37” tires and grooves and road crown is my only thought
 
Has anyone had any further luck with this. Been dealing with this since day on on my 2024 F350. They have done every update and calibration under the sun and recently replaced the power steering control module. It seemed like this fixed it for about an hour and now its back to being super difficult to turn left and easy to go right. Im at a loss and ready to lemon law this thing.
 
Has anyone had any further luck with this. Been dealing with this since day on on my 2024 F350. They have done every update and calibration under the sun and recently replaced the power steering control module. It seemed like this fixed it for about an hour and now its back to being super difficult to turn left and easy to go right. Im at a loss and ready to lemon law this thing.
If you haven't already I'd start with reading through this https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/steering-wheel-angle-sensor-calibration.20048/. This is not an uncommon issue with the EPAS systems on the upper trim levels and so far the best "fix" is to disable Evasive steering. It can be done by the info screen but permanently disabling via Forscan keeps you from having to turn it off manually.
I think one of the members was able to get Ford to recognize the issue and provide a credit against anew truck that didn't have the EPAS feature but I doubt that's the norm.

I imagine @Optimus🤖 or @cayenne will chime in as they are the resident experts on this issue and already contributed a lot to this on the linked forum.

I had the same issue on mine and ended up just disabling evasive steering and while I still don't think it's what it should be its far better and tolerable now
 
Has anyone had any further luck with this. Been dealing with this since day on on my 2024 F350. They have done every update and calibration under the sun and recently replaced the power steering control module. It seemed like this fixed it for about an hour and now it’s back to being super difficult to turn left and easy to go right. Im at a loss and ready to lemon law this thing.
Hey man I tried to fix this for 4 months dealer had it 4 times no luck. The only way I fixed it was to put tape over the windshield camera and it went away pretty much totally. I drove it for a couple weeks and it felt good. I couldn’t stomach driving a 100k truck like that so I made a case with ford and got a 10k owner retention certificate they wouldn’t buy back for lemon law. I used that to buy a 2027 tremor lariat base model without Andy of the epas. Steering is a tad heavy at low speeds which I miss the easy parking lot steering. But it was worth it to not have the tightness I love it 1000 times better now
 
Back
Top Bottom