weird steering behavior

my truck has done this one other time. then it goes away. it is so weird

my truck is a '24 and if for sure has adaptive steering. maybe it's not called that anymore, but it has something... maybe it is the lane keep assist system that is being funky 🤷🏻‍♂️

Not Adaptive Steering, yes, it has something else. Remember, some of these trucks can now practically steer by themselves. Some have lane keep assist and lane centering. I don't know if that is controlled, in part by the electronic power steering assist module, same module used for the pro trailer back up assist, but it for sure isn't Adaptive Steering.
 
Last edited:
I have a MY24 F350 7.3 lariat and my steering is doing the same thing, Hard to steer left, wanders all over the place on the highway requiring constant back and forth correction. I haven't taken it in yet. Currently have 3k miles.
 
I had this same issue on my 23 and tried all sorts of things but come to fund out my 24 has the same issue. So when I went to the dealer I asked to drive a 24 non tremor and not just one and needless to say they were straight as an arrow as well as the steering wheel being straight. I also drove another 24 tremor they had on the lot and that had the same steering issue. I know this is strange saying but there is something going on with the tremor package in my opinion. Not sure what if anything is different or what the issue is but i will continue to do some due diligence and report back my findings.
 
mine has done this on 2 occasions. it is really weird, steering wants to turn the truck to the right. it doesn't last long before going back to normal
 
My24 is doing the same thing
 
So after a month of having it back after the dealer saying it was the lane assist camera, truck still does the same thing. No difference from before at all. Could this be an issue with crowns of the road and larger tires? My other 2 vehicles don’t seems to have the issue but then again they’re not running stock 35” tires.

Thoughts?
 
Joined the forum to post in this thread. 24’ Tremor with ~3,000 miles. Takes more steering force to go left. Mostly noticeable on sweeping left turns on the highway. Took it to the dealer and two techs couldn’t duplicate, then a lube tech did before we left the parking lot, finally a service manager rode with me and agreed he felt the difference. They reset the steering angle sensor at my request with no change. Trying to decide where to go from here.
 
Joined the forum to post in this thread. 24’ Tremor with ~3,000 miles. Takes more steering force to go left. Mostly noticeable on sweeping left turns on the highway. Took it to the dealer and two techs couldn’t duplicate, then a lube tech did before we left the parking lot, finally a service manager rode with me and agreed he felt the difference. They reset the steering angle sensor at my request with no change. Trying to decide where to go from here.
same, it is turning to the left that is noticeable. did the reset do anything?
 
Nothing. I just requested a drive with factory rep next time he’s at the dealership. I’ll post if anything comes from that. As of now dealer is telling me “it’s how it was designed”.
 
Joined the forum to post in this thread. 24’ Tremor with ~3,000 miles. Takes more steering force to go left. Mostly noticeable on sweeping left turns on the highway. Took it to the dealer and two techs couldn’t duplicate, then a lube tech did before we left the parking lot, finally a service manager rode with me and agreed he felt the difference. They reset the steering angle sensor at my request with no change. Trying to decide where to go from here.
 
I’m in the same boat
 
Dealer looked at it. Did an alignment. Still happens. What trim level yall got?
 
Had tires rotated. Seems to have helped, maybe solved. Drove two thousand miles pulling the trailer for most of it right after it was done. Not perfect but seems way better.
 
Anyone get this solved. I’ve got a 24 platinum non tremor and have had this issue since day one. It seems amplified with the Carli Eventure kit but still same basic issue. Take a ton of force to turn left especially on long sweeping highway curves where the same amount of force to the right will drive you off the road with a feathers touch.
 
Back
Top Bottom