📷 TOTM Vote for the April Tremor of the Month!

Vote for the April Tremor of the Month Photo

Votes: 102 95.3%

Votes: 2 1.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good morning. I just spent time reading most of Tuxedomouse posts since 2020, then of course his last post. I'm a spiritual person, I'm also more senior than most on this forum. This is the first forum of any kind I have ever been on, so have never experienced a bad forum many of you have. I want to say it doesn't matter how old or young you are, life is short. I'm a baby Boomer, I have already lived longer than both of my parents, my father was a WWII fighter pilot, US Navy. I never took the opportunity to talk to my dad about his awesome life accomplishments because I was always so involved in my life, then he was gone. I was selfish, now I regret it so much. When I read how Tux wants his 15yo son to have his truck, it was emotional for me to read. 15 is way too young to lose a parent, I was in my early 40's. Tux was a class person, his son and wife I know are proud. Tux has shown all of us how to exit gracefully. I'm writing this to express to those who read it, don't take for granted what you have today, they may be here tomorrow. I'm not talking about monetarily, I'm talking about the ones you love, especially parents and your children. I am so ashamed I didn't spend more time with my Mom & Dad when I could have. 😢 I didn't know Tux, but I do know he was a stellar man, I just know it. I don't care how old your parents are, or the state of their health, spend time with them, help them if they need help, let them know always you appreciate them, you are who you are today for the most part because of your parents, or possibly someone else due to circumstances whom raised you. I have come to know a few people on this forum, some better than I would have thought. There is one individual who is doing it right, checking all the boxes, with his parents, in laws, his wife and children. He is involved in every aspect of their lives, and that is commendable. I'm not mentioning his moniker just because it's not necessary. GOD knows, that's all that matters. God also knows about Tux, nothing more needs to be said. It's just me and my Pup, some of you have met him. He takes care of me. I wrote this in support of Tux, but I also wanted to express how I feel about some of the thoughtless decisions, selfish decisions I have made in the hopes YOU can do better than me. None on here are poor, maybe poorer than we were because of our passions. But last I checked and I know as I deal and struggle daily, your truck has never hugged you, never told you "I love you" and neither has any other monetary object you own. I don't need to tell you what to do, you should know. God Bless all of you. I love this forum, and everyone on it. All of you are the best of the best, I don't care if you have a 7.3 or IGLA.
Very well said @Lunch Box, this resonates with me, we're probably the same age and some similarities in our backgrounds. My father was also a WWII vet, he hit seven beachheads with the Marines as a Navy Corpsman. He never talked about it until his last few weeks before he passed. I so wish I could have sat and talked with him about the stuff he kept to himself.

Tux's short time with us seems to have brought out the best in people, I'm grateful for his time with us. I only wish I could have met him in person. He probably never even realized what effect he would have on the people in this group.

I've met a couple of people from the forum here locally and had great conversations with them. Funny how a forum can create new friends. I hope one day I can join some of these meetups in some of the "not so local to me" areas. I do have family in Texas, Ohio, Missouri, and Florida, maybe have to make a trip in conjunction with these meetups.

Excellent choice!

Good morning. I just spent time reading most of Tuxedomouse posts since 2020, then of course his last post. I'm a spiritual person, I'm also more senior than most on this forum. This is the first forum of any kind I have ever been on, so have never experienced a bad forum many of you have. I want to say it doesn't matter how old or young you are, life is short. I'm a baby Boomer, I have already lived longer than both of my parents, my father was a WWII fighter pilot, US Navy. I never took the opportunity to talk to my dad about his awesome life accomplishments because I was always so involved in my life, then he was gone. I was selfish, now I regret it so much. When I read how Tux wants his 15yo son to have his truck, it was emotional for me to read. 15 is way too young to lose a parent, I was in my early 40's. Tux was a class person, his son and wife I know are proud. Tux has shown all of us how to exit gracefully. I'm writing this to express to those who read it, don't take for granted what you have today, they may be here tomorrow. I'm not talking about monetarily, I'm talking about the ones you love, especially parents and your children. I am so ashamed I didn't spend more time with my Mom & Dad when I could have. 😢 I didn't know Tux, but I do know he was a stellar man, I just know it. I don't care how old your parents are, or the state of their health, spend time with them, help them if they need help, let them know always you appreciate them, you are who you are today for the most part because of your parents, or possibly someone else due to circumstances whom raised you. I have come to know a few people on this forum, some better than I would have thought. There is one individual who is doing it right, checking all the boxes, with his parents, in laws, his wife and children. He is involved in every aspect of their lives, and that is commendable. I'm not mentioning his moniker just because it's not necessary. GOD knows, that's all that matters. God also knows about Tux, nothing more needs to be said. It's just me and my Pup, some of you have met him. He takes care of me. I wrote this in support of Tux, but I also wanted to express how I feel about some of the thoughtless decisions, selfish decisions I have made in the hopes YOU can do better than me. None on here are poor, maybe poorer than we were because of our passions. But last I checked and I know as I deal and struggle daily, your truck has never hugged you, never told you "I love you" and neither has any other monetary object you own. I don't need to tell you what to do, you should know. God Bless all of you. I love this forum, and everyone on it. All of you are the best of the best, I don't care if you have a 7.3 or IGLA.
That came from the heart ! Bless all of you and bless Tuxedomouse (which i think is a really cool name! lol)

We have been on the road and off the grid but I echo the sentiments and thoughts expressed about TM. A great way to pay tribute to someone special and to set apart this forum for what a great community it’s become. RIP.

Back