📷 TOTM Vote for the April Tremor of the Month!

Vote for the April Tremor of the Month Photo

Votes: 102 95.3%

Votes: 2 1.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

modified

Admin
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Diesel Tremor
Current Ride #2
2021 Bronco

Tuxedomouse-Avatar.jpg

In honor of @Tuxedomouse, known as the "Faux Tremor Pioneer," whose journey was sadly cut short by cancer last month, we would like to pay tribute to his mark on our community by proudly designating him as April's Tremor of the Month. Before exploring his photo tribute, join us in raising a virtual "Toast to Pete" over in his update thread.

1000001100.jpg

Now, let the voting begin! Scroll through the images below and cast your vote for the one that best embodies his spirit within the Tremor Forums. The poll will remain open for 6 days, and we'll unveil the winning photo on April 10th.

1. Tuxedomouse
IMG-20240111-WA0000.jpg

2. Tuxedomouse
full

3. Tuxedomouse
full

4. Tuxedomouse
20230829_164650.jpg

5. Tuxedomouse
full

6. Tuxedomouse

full

7. Tuxedomouse
full

8. Tuxedomouse
full

9. Tuxedomouse
full

10. Tuxedomouse
full

Last edited:
The #1 is the #1 for me, as well.

Can we vote for 10 entries? Or at least for the forever truck of month?

This is why this forum is the best on the Internet. What an great way to honor an awesome member of our community. Pete may be gone, but he will never be forgotten as he lives on each of our hearts and minds.

I don't know where else some could find a community of strangers who treat each other like family. Feeling blessed to have found this community and the friends I've made along the way.

At some point today after I voted, it struck me why I liked photo #1 so much. It's not just the smile and wave and that it has Pete in it, it's that along with the whole sense of departing on a fun and exciting journey. How many of us have taken that exact shot or seen the same one shown to us by friends or family? That "Oh, this is going to be great, we should take a picture!" moment.

Scuse me a moment, something is making my screen a little blurry.

In honor of @Tuxedomouse, known as the "Faux Tremor Pioneer," whose journey was sadly cut short by cancer last month, we would like to pay tribute to his mark on our community by proudly designating him as April's Tremor of the Month. Before exploring his photo tribute, join us in raising a virtual "Toast to Pete" over in his update thread.

1000001100.jpg

Now, let the voting begin! Scroll through the images below and cast your vote for the one that best embodies his spirit within the Tremor Forums. The poll will remain open for 6 days, and we'll unveil the winning photo on April 10th.

1. Tuxedomouse
IMG-20240111-WA0000.jpg

2. Tuxedomouse
full

3. Tuxedomouse
full

4. Tuxedomouse
20230829_164650.jpg

5. Tuxedomouse
full

6. Tuxedomouse

full

7. Tuxedomouse
full

8. Tuxedomouse
full

9. Tuxedomouse
full

10. Tuxedomouse
full

Good morning. I just spent time reading most of Tuxedomouse posts since 2020, then of course his last post. I'm a spiritual person, I'm also more senior than most on this forum. This is the first forum of any kind I have ever been on, so have never experienced a bad forum many of you have. I want to say it doesn't matter how old or young you are, life is short. I'm a baby Boomer, I have already lived longer than both of my parents, my father was a WWII fighter pilot, US Navy. I never took the opportunity to talk to my dad about his awesome life accomplishments because I was always so involved in my life, then he was gone. I was selfish, now I regret it so much. When I read how Tux wants his 15yo son to have his truck, it was emotional for me to read. 15 is way too young to lose a parent, I was in my early 40's. Tux was a class person, his son and wife I know are proud. Tux has shown all of us how to exit gracefully. I'm writing this to express to those who read it, don't take for granted what you have today, they may be here tomorrow. I'm not talking about monetarily, I'm talking about the ones you love, especially parents and your children. I am so ashamed I didn't spend more time with my Mom & Dad when I could have. 😢 I didn't know Tux, but I do know he was a stellar man, I just know it. I don't care how old your parents are, or the state of their health, spend time with them, help them if they need help, let them know always you appreciate them, you are who you are today for the most part because of your parents, or possibly someone else due to circumstances whom raised you. I have come to know a few people on this forum, some better than I would have thought. There is one individual who is doing it right, checking all the boxes, with his parents, in laws, his wife and children. He is involved in every aspect of their lives, and that is commendable. I'm not mentioning his moniker just because it's not necessary. GOD knows, that's all that matters. God also knows about Tux, nothing more needs to be said. It's just me and my Pup, some of you have met him. He takes care of me. I wrote this in support of Tux, but I also wanted to express how I feel about some of the thoughtless decisions, selfish decisions I have made in the hopes YOU can do better than me. None on here are poor, maybe poorer than we were because of our passions. But last I checked and I know as I deal and struggle daily, your truck has never hugged you, never told you "I love you" and neither has any other monetary object you own. I don't need to tell you what to do, you should know. God Bless all of you. I love this forum, and everyone on it. All of you are the best of the best, I don't care if you have a 7.3 or IGLA.

Good morning. I just spent time reading most of Tuxedomouse posts since 2020, then of course his last post. I'm a spiritual person, I'm also more senior than most on this forum. This is the first forum of any kind I have ever been on, so have never experienced a bad forum many of you have. I want to say it doesn't matter how old or young you are, life is short. I'm a baby Boomer, I have already lived longer than both of my parents, my father was a WWII fighter pilot, US Navy. I never took the opportunity to talk to my dad about his awesome life accomplishments because I was always so involved in my life, then he was gone. I was selfish, now I regret it so much. When I read how Tux wants his 15yo son to have his truck, it was emotional for me to read. 15 is way too young to lose a parent, I was in my early 40's. Tux was a class person, his son and wife I know are proud. Tux has shown all of us how to exit gracefully. I'm writing this to express to those who read it, don't take for granted what you have today, they may be here tomorrow. I'm not talking about monetarily, I'm talking about the ones you love, especially parents and your children. I am so ashamed I didn't spend more time with my Mom & Dad when I could have. 😢 I didn't know Tux, but I do know he was a stellar man, I just know it. I don't care how old your parents are, or the state of their health, spend time with them, help them if they need help, let them know always you appreciate them, you are who you are today for the most part because of your parents, or possibly someone else due to circumstances whom raised you. I have come to know a few people on this forum, some better than I would have thought. There is one individual who is doing it right, checking all the boxes, with his parents, in laws, his wife and children. He is involved in every aspect of their lives, and that is commendable. I'm not mentioning his moniker just because it's not necessary. GOD knows, that's all that matters. God also knows about Tux, nothing more needs to be said. It's just me and my Pup, some of you have met him. He takes care of me. I wrote this in support of Tux, but I also wanted to express how I feel about some of the thoughtless decisions, selfish decisions I have made in the hopes YOU can do better than me. None on here are poor, maybe poorer than we were because of our passions. But last I checked and I know as I deal and struggle daily, your truck has never hugged you, never told you "I love you" and neither has any other monetary object you own. I don't need to tell you what to do, you should know. God Bless all of you. I love this forum, and everyone on it. All of you are the best of the best, I don't care if you have a 7.3 or IGLA.
You're the man @Lunch Box. It takes a lot to express a little. Some members are on this forum for information, some for advice on installing a lift kit in their garage that they now can't get out of their garage and some to share our experiences about women.

In either case, if our paths cross just once, it's better than nothing. Even though you can't gamble in Texas, you've hit the jackpot if you've survived another day.

Now enough of this sad shit; roll the dice and take a chance on April 26th. Beers on me and we'll toast to IGLA...I mean, Ravelco. 🤪

Awesome commentary @Lunch Box ! Very poignant yet truthful. Your last sentence cracked me up, illustrating how important keeping your sense of humor is! 🍻

This hit's close today. My dad is actually otw from the Ft Bragg, NC area and probably somewhere about Augusta, GA right now on his way to spend the weekend with us. He comes more so for my son now who (let's be honest) bogarts most of his time (or at least that is what I joke with him about). I turn 40 on the 16th (in 11d) and the thought of losing that old man has started to terrify me more than it use to. What's even crazier without going into great detail and making this about me, it takes a lot for someone to be a parent, and even more a standout great parent, much like it seems and appears that Tux was an example of. My dad is technically my stepfather but he stepped in when I was two and has never waivered; even after the divorce (which was like 17yr ago), which caused a rift between my mother and I for years; at the end of the day he's the only true dad I have ever known.

A very poignant and touching tribute to Tuxedomouse this morning. Although I did not know Pete or ever have any communication with him, it is exceedingly evident he was a man a faith and an outstanding family man. I truly feel for his wife, son, and parents who are left having to deal with the grief that is difficult to explain and endure. The comment about Pete's son inheriting his truck to keep his legacy alive really resonates with me as I would want the exact same for my son.

This is also my first forum and do not have social media of any kind. I will say the friendships and support this forum offers is absolutely amazing. I have met some truly incredible individuals on here that have evolved into some true friendships, some of which I talk to on a daily basis. The meet-ups are inexplicable and something that I look forward to each year.

Thank you brother for the wise words and reminders of not taking our family and parents for granted. I know it is cliché but none of us are guaranteed tomorrow and ever the more reason to know and accept Jesus as your Risen Savior, unplug and spend good quality time with your parents, spouse, and children, and go on that vacation or camping trip that you don't have time for or can't afford.

Well said!!

Back