Upfitter Wiring Harness Discussion

Following and interested as well. Perfect thing to add before wiring stuff up.
 
I’m doing something like this right now. I plan to use water proof barrel connectors. I wanted to do a fix 6 gang connector but didn’t want to have to try and repin or weather pack the blanks.

One thing that might be good too, in that same bundle there is a switched engine run/start blunt wire. That tapped to relay trigger, then relay 12v output plus tapped to a weather proof fuse box could provide switched accessory feed under the hood.

I’m using the switched under the hood for Morimoto DRL instead of the fuse tap but part of me wants it for my backlights on my pods.

IMG_9755.webp
 
I'm ready to purchase - Where/How?
I still have to finalize the design. Have a sample made up to confirm it’s the desired setup and then make the production units.

I have a full time aerospace engineering job and this stuff is on the side for me so it will take some time.

I’ve already started talking with my supplier to start pricing things out. So hopefully I can get a locked down design in the next couple of weeks. And then gauge interest in it and move to production after that.

I appreciate patience through this process.
 
Same question. I am also interested!
i don't currently have pricing. i need to finalize the design and then price out connectors and wiring and wire loom, etc. Pricing will vary heavily based on quantity of harnesses. Largely due to connector pricing drops a good bit with quantity.
 
i don't currently have pricing. i need to finalize the design and then price out connectors and wiring and wire loom, etc. Pricing will vary heavily based on quantity of harnesses. Largely due to connector pricing drops a good bit with quantity.
No worries! I'm certain it will be worth the wait.
 
Very interested. I would love the harness for future planned accessories.
 
Add me to the list of interested parties. I have several accessories planned for the up fitters this spring so this would be perfect timing!
 
Interested as well. Thanks.
 
I'm in on this if time to sale is "reasonable" :) painful future demanding customers I know. I'm just playing with all this now and the concept of a well thought out "better harness" would be great
 
Back
Top Bottom