UPDATE: BD 40" OnX6 Arc on a Tremor installed!

If anyone can show more pictures, overhang, fitment on a platinum, would be greatly helpful. Getting lights rigged on the truck is my biggest concern. Sadly, the hardest to find a good solution for.

If you want the black appearance package and want to go with a bigger name brand like Rigid, we may be able to help you out. There was a very limited run, one time only, of SR-RDS Midnight Edition bars that have the smoked look to them. Same light bar I posted above but with the Midnight Edition darkened optics. We may have just 1 left if you wanted to go that route.

Also, glad to hear the light arrived. Morimoto tails inventory is greatly improved too.
Can you DM me photos and pricing? I would love it! @Nick@ApolloOptics

Last edited:
RC are half the lumens of the others suggested on this thread. But I don’t have a sense for lumens, so is that any concern?? I have a Rigid on my Tacoma, so assume it’s the same higher lumens, but don’t know the model, so can’t really search.

But if the Tremor was half as bright as the Tacoma, I’d be pissed.

I think I found it, the Taco is 20” and appears to be <16,000 lumen. RC price and slim design might be the selling point!

If Vermonster passes I may be interested in this option.

If both y’all pass, add me in line. Lol

Can you DM me photos and pricing? I would love it! @Nick@ApolloOptics

Unfortunately, the last single row SR-RDS Midnight Edition has sold. However, the regular SR-RDS version I posted will work. And you could apply some lightly tinted vinyl film to the outer lens to achieve the look you're after.

RC are half the lumens of the others suggested on this thread. But I don’t have a sense for lumens, so is that any concern?? I have a Rigid on my Tacoma, so assume it’s the same higher lumens, but don’t know the model, so can’t really search.

But if the Tremor was half as bright as the Tacoma, I’d be pissed.

Lumens is only part of the equation on brightness. Lumens are great for knowing output, but the real question is whether or not a light can actually project where you need it to go. The optical design of the light is the most important component. Brands like Baja Designs, Rigid, and Diode Dynamics really focus on this...other brands like RC do not. Obviously, the lights are at very different price points...and for the record, we do carry both, but only the major lighting companies invest the time, effort, and money into the design of their lights and optics. The actual projection down-road at speed is where your investment in aftermarket lighting really shines.

bump to see if anyone has pics of this on a platinum grill

bump to see if anyone has pics of this on a platinum grill
Sorry for the delay my dude. I finally remembered to snap some photos when I was in a parking lot yesterday. Here you go…

Attachments

• C53AEF5D-4D78-4BBE-8FDB-4D42EF9B6C14.jpeg
    C53AEF5D-4D78-4BBE-8FDB-4D42EF9B6C14.jpeg
    428.3 KB · Views: 173
  • 9314CA10-82F5-4983-B649-179AF835DE10.jpeg
    9314CA10-82F5-4983-B649-179AF835DE10.jpeg
    430.5 KB · Views: 178
  • 958277C0-483B-43E2-B0C9-E2A197FC002A.jpeg
    958277C0-483B-43E2-B0C9-E2A197FC002A.jpeg
    285.4 KB · Views: 176
  • 5FA585D0-F928-45B1-85E6-71455811DA6F.jpeg
    5FA585D0-F928-45B1-85E6-71455811DA6F.jpeg
    289.4 KB · Views: 178
Sorry for the delay my dude. I finally remembered to snap some photos when I was in a parking lot yesterday. Here you go…
My hero, thank you

I just installed this 43 inch light bar. I'm not very mechanical and this is the most challenging modification I've done, but their website has a video for installation which made it pretty smooth. Took me about 3 hours. I installed their switch which I really like. It's normally blue but turns green when you switch it on. The light bar matches my black truck and it's not very noticeable if you're not looking for it. This is a 2022 F250 Platinum.

IMG_7398.JPG

IMG_7406.JPG

IMG_7405.JPG

IMG_7408.JPG

IMG_7407.JPG

IMG_7400.JPG

IMG_7403.JPG

IMG_7404.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7399.JPG
    IMG_7399.JPG
    556.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Nice install, looks sharp.

Thanks! I actually just ordered a 2nd light bar to put higher up on the grille. I'm hoping I can splice it into the same switch since there is no reason to turn on just 1 light bar. But I did mount that switch over to one side so I have room for another switch when you guys here show me another toy I can't live without!

Thanks! I actually just ordered a 2nd light bar to put higher up on the grille. I'm hoping I can splice it into the same switch since there is no reason to turn on just 1 light bar. But I did mount that switch over to one side so I have room for another switch when you guys here show me another toy I can't live without!
I just looked up your light bar, doesn't look like there are many optional versions. If that's the case you are most likely going to be kinda meh about another bar. The only way for it to make much sense is to point your lower bar down, and then the upper bar up and out front of it some. This way you won't end up with an obnoxious hot spot, my .02 cents. I may end up wrong and if I am I wouldn't mind seeing output pictures if you were so inclined (I like lights).

Also it may be poor form for me to point it out, but this thread was about a specific Baja Designs light bar and it just seems a little off to be going on about your bar with pics and the whole 9. I mean kinda no harm no foul, but it's just weird....to me. <shrugs>

Having said that, this thread is about the exact same bar that you used.
Added a light bar today...
^^^I'd post in there, or start your own thread. Just sayin'
And BTW the light you chose does look very clean.

I was thinking the same thing about pointing both bars to separate areas.
I apologize if I hijacked the thread, I didn't think it was very off-topic. Someone else also showed an alternative setup without objection that might meet the interests of someone interested in this. I am happy to take photos of the 1 vs 2 light bar scenes since I too am not sure what the results will be.

I was thinking the same thing about pointing both bars to separate areas.
I apologize if I hijacked the thread, I didn't think it was very off-topic. Someone else also showed an alternative setup without objection that might meet the interests of someone interested in this. I am happy to take photos of the 1 vs 2 light bar scenes since I too am not sure what the results will be.
No apology necessary man. And you're right in general you're talking about lights in the lighting section so not off topic. No big deal. I'm sure O.P. doesn't really care. I just thought I'd point it out. It's more of an etiquette thing really. And like I said, my pointing it out is pretty much just as bad. And now I'm derailing as well.

Come to think of it I bet I just have long light bar envy :LOL:

Carry on.

Reviving thread to see if there are any updated lighting mods, finally got my truck and curious on how I should spend money. So far, rigid midnight seems to be the best fit.

I’m partial to my mounting solution.

Attachments

• 795CEBDC-E0B5-4E4B-A2CA-43F4F56C6FA5.jpeg
    795CEBDC-E0B5-4E4B-A2CA-43F4F56C6FA5.jpeg
    293.1 KB · Views: 67
  • E7E47CB5-26CF-4B31-9972-89616160E980.jpeg
    E7E47CB5-26CF-4B31-9972-89616160E980.jpeg
    410.2 KB · Views: 67
The BDs look sharp and definitely seems better suited for my goal, struggling with ocd of the overhang with then
Onyx6…. dang it. Lol

The BDs look sharp and definitely seems better suited for my goal, struggling with ocd of the overhang with then
Onyx6…. dang it. Lol
This was a hang up for me as well. But I’ll tell you, after having this light, I’d definitely figure out a way for the Onyx6 to work how you like. The light output is incredible on this 30”, so I can only
Imagine the 40”

Latest Discussions

Back