Truck Campers Only, w/ an Overland & Off-roading theme

My sleep overall is really bad, and I am sure I will die early because of it one day - so, these things really get me and bother me, lol. I am happy that the AC works for you and your wife.

My sleep overall is really bad, and I am sure I will die early because of it one day - so, these things really get me and bother me, lol. I am happy that the AC works for you and your wife.
I'll let you know once I try mine out. It's the Nomadic. You could probably swap them out?

Jeez I hope not buddy! But yeah I can sleep just about anywhere, work in a power plant long enough that’s just part of the job. Of course working shift work will probably kill me early too lol. Better enjoy the camper now! FWIW shift work takes years off my life too…. Oh well, who wants those years anyway. 😉

I'll let you know once I try mine out. It's the Nomadic. You could probably swap them out?
I’d like to see that Nomadic in use. The videos they make look good but I’ve heard some mixed reviews. How big a battery bank does your 4WH have?

Jeez I hope not buddy! But yeah I can sleep just about anywhere, work in a power plant long enough that’s just part of the job. Of course working shift work will probably kill me early too lol. Better enjoy the camper now! FWIW shift work takes years off my life too…. Oh well, who wants those years anyway. 😉
Working in IT I have been on-call way too long. I am no longer on-call, but I am sure those years have taken a toll just like the shift work for you.

Some photos from a great weekend in Moab. Didn't end up on anything too challenging on the days we took the truck out, but a good test run nonetheless. I did discover that the rebound on the factory shocks appears to be so soft that the truck rocks back and forth many times, and pretty significantly, after even a small drop/bump. Makes for very slow driving over small obstacles and quite uncomfortable. Hopefully something I can address at the same time as the sag issue with once I make a decision on timbrens/sumo springs/etc..

IMG_3242.jpg
IMG_3146.jpg
20240420_200855.jpg
20240420_122626.jpg
20240420_120745.jpg

Some photos from a great weekend in Moab. Didn't end up on anything too challenging on the days we took the truck out, but a good test run nonetheless. I did discover that the rebound on the factory shocks appears to be so soft that the truck rocks back and forth many times, and pretty significantly, after even a small drop/bump. Makes for very slow driving over small obstacles and quite uncomfortable. Hopefully something I can address at the same time as the sag issue with once I make a decision on timbrens/sumo springs/etc..

View attachment 153408View attachment 153409View attachment 153410View attachment 153411View attachment 153412
Beautiful!!!!

Don’t suppose you saw a chatty older fellow there named Mac? He was there over the weekend too, good friend of mine. He would have been driving a very built Tacoma with intergrated camper, in fact it was the very first prototype Aterra camper ever made…. I know he was on a little more technical stuff though but maybe you crossed paths?

image_50740481.jpeg

image_50748673.jpeg

Beautiful!!!!

Don’t suppose you saw a chatty older fellow there named Mac? He was there over the weekend too, good friend of mine. He would have been driving a very built Tacoma with intergrated camper, in fact it was the very first prototype Aterra camper ever made…. I know he was on a little more technical stuff though but maybe you crossed paths?

View attachment 153418
View attachment 153419

I did not, but looks like they had a fun time! There were lots of Toyota's in town for the Cruise Moab event so easy for him to blend in even with that rig!

I did however see a few other OEV's, including another Camp-X on a Tremor.

View attachment 153409

Regarding the Superduty rocking and lack of damping, we experienced that this past week down in UT as well. The main issue is the Superduty rear shocks are too far inboard. Decent damping while towing and/or even surfaces, but any rocking motion and they don't have the leverage to dampen. The remedy is larger aftermarket shocks with much, much more damping ability. I'll be deciding on my shocks after I decide what, if any, lift to add.
I'll post some pics of the Superduty/Supertramp maiden voyage when I get them all sorted.

Long canyon road is a nice drive. Did that in April 2023, as well as White Rim Road with overnight at White Crack campsite as one of the last trips before the CAMP-X and Tundra sold (also did Monument Valley, Valley of the Gods, Needles, and Natural Bridges that same trip).

20230412_171230.jpg

20230412_172442.jpg

20230413_105535.jpg

20230409_194140.jpg

20230410_183214.jpg

20230411_100754.jpg

20230412_183949.jpg

20230413_150012.jpg

20230413_150146.jpg

20230413_174502.jpg

20230414_081718.jpg

I guess I’ll throw in the only pics I’ve got in Moab in a Super Duty (spent a few trips in the Can Am). This was in my 17’ on our honeymoon trip. Thankful I’ve got a wife that enjoys these trips as well!

Attachments

• C2B59DB3-B508-4654-A2E5-4EAD6CEE2736.jpeg
    C2B59DB3-B508-4654-A2E5-4EAD6CEE2736.jpeg
    268.3 KB · Views: 18
  • D4F50445-F6EC-4CC6-8D17-AD32F9213E25.jpeg
    D4F50445-F6EC-4CC6-8D17-AD32F9213E25.jpeg
    634.5 KB · Views: 18
IMG_7512.jpeg

IMG_2123.jpeg

IMG_1305.jpeg

IMG_1269.jpeg

Moab back in late May 2019 for me. Tacoma and one of the very first GFC campers ever built. Good memories!!!

Somewhat new here. Picked up a 2020 F250 6.7
IMG_0840.jpeg
Tremor two months ago along with a Skinny Guy Camper. Great setup so far with one trip to Burlington VT to see the eclipse. Got a whole summer planned out now.

Attachments

• IMG_0833.jpeg
    IMG_0833.jpeg
    485.2 KB · Views: 19
Somewhat new here. Picked up a 2020 F250 6.7 View attachment 153538Tremor two months ago along with a Skinny Guy Camper. Great setup so far with one trip to Burlington VT to see the eclipse. Got a whole summer planned out now.
First Skinny Guy I’ve heard about…. Lets
Get some feedback…

My only concern with Skinny Guy or the AT Habitat is weather…. I’ve already had to lower the top and sleep on a bench in my ST because it was sooooo windy outside. Can’t imagine how it would be inside one of these? That said maybe you can sleep in the truck bed with them closed up???? Idk?

Latest Discussions

Back