Truck broken into!!!

Update: went to my dealer and had other dealers confirm it is not possible to delete the factory door code, I would have to replace the body control module and I'm definitely not doing that. I also got a price for the door handles, they are $285 but I get a discount from my dealer since I cut the grass there. The lock cylinder is $100. I could install a passenger handle and delete the lock or put it back to stock and save 100 bucks and prevent theft. Let me know what you think.

Update: went to my dealer and had other dealers confirm it is not possible to delete the factory door code, I would have to replace the body control module and I'm definitely not doing that. I also got a price for the door handles, they are $285 but I get a discount from my dealer since I cut the grass there. The lock cylinder is $100. I could install a passenger handle and delete the lock or put it back to stock and save 100 bucks and prevent theft. Let me know what you think.
put the pass door handle on

sucks about the factory code can you disable it?

The code doesn't directly get used to program the fob, it is used to disable the security system that went off. By making the truck think nothing is wrong they can then program a key.

They break in get the door code input that into the door to unlock the truck properly, So now they have Ford software and computer and can spend 10-20 minutes stealing a vehicle... Lots of exposure time.

I like the idea of pulling the lock cylinder door handle assembly and put it on the passenger side assembly to delete the lock cylinder. I’m curious though can you purchase it already painted or do you have to paint it yourself?

I like the idea of pulling the lock cylinder door handle assembly and put it on the passenger side assembly to delete the lock cylinder. I’m curious though can you purchase it already painted or do you have to paint it yourself?
I'll have to paint it myself. Luckily I have everything I need except for the really expensive paint which will be tough to match. Might end up taking it to the bodyshop that replaced my front bumper.

put the pass door handle on

sucks about the factory code can you disable it?
I can disable the keypad through forscan but if I disable it and eliminate the lock I will be shit out of luck if my battery dies.

So today I woke up to an alert on my phone from fordpass saying that my hood was opened and the alarm was sounded at 2:30 AM. I went out to the truck this morning and I could see the hood wasn't fully latched.
Inside the truck nothing appeared to be stolen including my garage opener (thank god). However the little tray in the center console was removed, I guess they were hoping for a spare key in there. But wait, there more! The fuze panel in the passenger foot panel was opened and my floor mats were put in the back. My guess here is that they were trying to cause the horn not to sound.
I know 100% that the truck was locked, I haven't driven it a couple of days and the mirrors were folded in (I am a freak about locking my truck). The only way they could have opened the truck is to have a second key or hack the truck with one of those signal extenders or whatever.
I have no clue why they would open the hood.
Thankfully I still have the truck since it seemed they wanted it over whats inside of it. (nothing)
I will provide updates if I have any.
Man I’m sorry about this. I had a first gen 6.7 and they broke in while i was in ATL. They stole my wife’s camera and multiple other expensive things. They destroyed the lock like on yours way early in the morning. They should just be glad i didn’t catch them doing it.

I can disable the keypad through forscan but if I disable it and eliminate the lock I will be shit out of luck if my battery dies.
I thought about that,
but I guess right now you need to weigh your options with the theft issue still at hand. Maybe temporary disable the keypad until you can get more secure.

I thought about that,
but I guess right now you need to weigh your options with the theft issue still at hand. Maybe temporary disable the keypad until you can get more secure.
Even if I disable the keypad right now they could just turn the lock with a pair of pliers or channel locks. Luckily I'm able to store the truck in a way it can be driven away but can be broken into, I have nothing good inside.

I feel for you brother. Those idiots should be castrated. I know that the earlier super duty trucks and excursions had issues with break ins due to cheap and easy to defeat door handles but I wonder if the same is true with the new models. I know that nothing is completely impervious and enough force can open anything

Even if I disable the keypad right now they could just turn the lock with a pair of pliers or channel locks. Luckily I'm able to store the truck in a way it can be driven away but can be broken into, I have nothing good inside.
best of luck to you! the car thief deserves a 147 grain at 2800 fps.

I feel for you brother. Those idiots should be castrated. I know that the earlier super duty trucks and excursions had issues with break ins due to cheap and easy to defeat door handles but I wonder if the same is true with the new models. I know that nothing is completely impervious and enough force can open anything
It would take me a couple of seconds to break into an aluminum ford, simply use a long screwdriver to unplug the horn and a pair of pliers to bust the lock and I'm in. Not much security here.

You got lucky Raptor Tremor, years ago someone tried to break into my 2005 Super Duty (It was like 8 years old at the time and a creampuff) while attending a hockey game. The only thing that I believed saved it was my alarm activated and scared them off. They trashed the factory passenger door lock assembly, with what I believe was a big screw driver and broke the lock on my cap.

It would take me a couple of seconds to break into an aluminum ford, simply use a long screwdriver to unplug the horn and a pair of pliers to bust the lock and I'm in. Not much security here.
I guess situation awareness is your best bet.

I've had two vehicles broken into, in my driveway, over the past 15 years. And one at the curb in front of the house longer ago than that. I reported all three. And, yeah, nothing ever came of any of them, at least that I know of. But, I still figure that if everybody decided that they weren't going to report this stuff, thieves would have it even easier. If there's a rash of them, at least the cops know it's occurring. If there was a bunch in one night, or a big cluster over a few nights, maybe it would be worth their time to investigate?? But they gotta know to know.

The curb one, when I was much younger, I caught him in the act and chased him (unsuccessfully) for several blocks on foot. It was a '67 Chevy small window (neat old truck with a 283). My next door neighbor there was a deputy sheriff, and he gave me grief for chasing the guy. I was younger and dumber, but had already formed my opinion on criminals.
I wouldn't stop chasing the sob. I hate thieves. They all deserve to die. I've had 2 different trucks that were broken into twice each over the last 6 yrs. They tear crap up and break stuff, only to steal a knife or old ipod. Didn't take gun or kids studio beats. God help a thief if I see him do it and catch them. I will kill him.

Since the last update I've fixed my door handle enough so that it can be locked (ish) and I removed the grill and plugged in the horn. I also but a horn shield that will stop anyone from unplugging it or cutting the wires which I of course forgot to take a good picture of. I have the truck secured but now I'm thinking about how to proceed with my life from here. Excuse my language but these fuckers know where I keep the truck and know the code to unlock truck at anytime. My question is whether it is possible to erase the factory keypad code. I know I can add another code but I want to permanently delete the factory one. If it is possible, is it something I can do myself with forscan or I am forced to go to a crappy dealer?
You can't erase the factory code on your own. I tried. Call Ford and see if they could do it.

UPDATE: Installed Ravelco anti theft system. Kills starter and fuel with unit unplugged. $600 installed, great peace of mind.
20201003_184104.jpg

Back