Tremors in action

Mister "T"

Founding Member
Current Ride
2020 F250 7.3 Tremor
I was surprised too, rear was locked and honestly not that bad. Front right found a bottomless pit. I found a 6 foot long pipe and could push its entire length into the muck by that tire. It was crazy when were finally able to pull it, the whole front popped right back on top of firmer ground and I backed up under the trucks own power. I’ve been stuck much worse in other vehicles and not had to work so hard.
I had an off road situation in loose shale/Rock recently where the vacuum operated hub locks would not stay locked or engage at all. I got out and manually locked the front hubs I was able to keep going up hill in one instance, and back uphill out of trouble in the other. I've heard from several sources that the vacuum actuators can be finicky. I plan to have them looked at when I take it in for my first oil change.

Attachments

modified

Administrator
Staff member
Current Ride
2017 Ford Rapor
Current Ride #2
2014 RAM 2500 Diesel
from my profile pic..zion NP
Awesome photo! I was able to take a trip out to Zion in February. I loved it out there. The weather was perfect, the little town was nice to walk around at night and some great hiking.

sroemmich

I had an off road situation in loose shale/Rock recently where the vacuum operated hub locks would not stay locked or engage at all. I got out and manually locked the front hubs I was able to keep going up hill in one instance, and back uphill out of trouble in the other. I've heard from several sources that the vacuum actuators can be finicky. I plan to have them looked at when I take it in for my first oil change.
Interesting, mine were not manually locked, but definitely engaged and spinning

Bull

Current Ride
F250 Lariat Diesel with the 2006 Appearance Package
Suggest that you buy one of these and keep it onboard - will allow a smaller vehicle (maybe one truck and not two) to get you out.

Whyte Rhyno

Founding Member
Current Ride
2020 F250 Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke
Current Ride #2
1974 F250 Highboy
I never liked the vacuum hubs. I prefer off and on. I always manually engage the hubs to be sure. Considered a dynatrac free spin kit in the past.

sroemmich

Suggest that you buy one of these and keep it onboard - will allow a smaller vehicle (maybe one truck and not two) to get you out.

Thank you, been looking for a quality recovery strap (stretch and rebound) these look awesome

UtahPowder

Current Ride
2020 F350 Platinum Tremor 6.7
Thank you, been looking for a quality recovery strap (stretch and rebound) these look awesome
those yankum ropes are touted by this off-road recovery company in utah... entertaining for sure.

JDBoss

Miltary
USAF Ret / USN Civ
Current Ride
2020 F350 Tremor
Nice Yamaha. How do you like it on the trails?
Thank you! We love it on the trails. Has a few essential mods that make it work well! Gear reduction, full skids & 30” tires all help!

Ryno

Founding Member
Current Ride
Ram 2500
So I have to admit that it’s taken some time for me to take off the hitch and see what this thing can do. Well I did it this morning. Holy buckets this truck is BADASS! I have a trail that I ride the dirt bikes on and it has a spot that is a mess and I’ve always been ordered how it Tremor would do. Well, I’ll let’s the pics do the talking.

Attachments

Ryno

Founding Member
Current Ride
Ram 2500
So I have to admit that it’s taken some time for me to take off the hitch and see what this thing can do. Well I did it this morning. Holy buckets this truck is BADASS! I have a trail that I ride the dirt bikes on and it has a spot that is a mess and I’ve always been ordered how it Tremor would do. Well, I’ll let’s the pics do the talking.
By the way, I should have done some editing before I sent this. Guess I was excited to share. Ha!

driftwoodsvt

First Tremor on Methods!
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor 7.3L Toyo MTs
^^ nice! Any idea how much that factory hitch weighs? Thinking about taking mine off as well.

Bill

Current Ride
2020 F-250 6.7L Tremor
Current Ride #2
John Deere 5065E Tractor
Doing some work this morning. Have had the truck for A few weeks and this was the first chance to hook a trailer up, taking a few steers for processing.
243DE280-B41D-4D70-BEBB-6E7630ECB40B.jpeg
390C9AF4-B513-4E33-BC1B-D1C661F60A79.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest Discussions