Tremors and Campers let's talk camping!!

That is one light generator and is a little tempting for the weight savings over my current EU3000is. The EU3000is would be a little hard to give up though with as quiet and reliable it has been.
I also own an EU3000is which I converted to LP with the Hutchmountain kit, you’re right it’s a really nice super quiet gen and runs great on LP. I just wanted a lighter gen so my LP or gas EU3000is is up for a sale here locally in NC.
The lighter weight of the EU3200i is full on a game changer for us.

IMG_6759.jpeg
 
Last edited:
I have two Honda EU2200i's I picked up like new on OfferUp to run 30A if needed, but so far I haven't needed them even when boondocking. The only time I can see myself using one or both of them is when boondocking and needing air conditioning. My thought is just to use one generator for each AC once I install Micro Air Easy Starts on the AC units. I'm not in a hurry for that yet though as I still haven't installed a second AC. I havent even tested one generator with AC on, but no breakers have popped when running off an outdoor 15A outlet at home.

If you dry camp often enough and do not need AC I really recommend solar + lithium batteries. With my family of 4, we are able to sustain without shore power or a generator.
 
I have two Honda EU2200i's I picked up like new on OfferUp to run 30A if needed, but so far I haven't needed them even when boondocking. The only time I can see myself using one or both of them is when boondocking and needing air conditioning. My thought is just to use one generator for each AC once I install Micro Air Easy Starts on the AC units. I'm not in a hurry for that yet though as I still haven't installed a second AC. I havent even tested one generator with AC on, but no breakers have popped when running off an outdoor 15A outlet at home.

If you dry camp often enough and do not need AC I really recommend solar + lithium batteries. With my family of 4, we are able to sustain without shore power or a generator.
Your AC BTU size will determine your Generator size for sure. I like the light weight 60# EU3200i and only having to pack and service and fuel one gen. Our Oliver is getting the new Truma 13500 BTU AC installed soon. Hence the need for the larger 3200i.
Hard to beat a Honda! 👍🏻
 
I've been running a predator 3500 for 3 years now. I got it on sale.for $700. It has performed flawlessly and is very quiet. The battery for the electric start crapped out towards the end of the season last year. It would start 1st or second pull every time. The Hondas are great generators, but the predators are just as quiet and work just as well for much less $$.
 
I've been running a predator 3500 for 3 years now. I got it on sale.for $700. It has performed flawlessly and is very quiet. The battery for the electric start crapped out towards the end of the season last year. It would start 1st or second pull every time. The Hondas are great generators, but the predators are just as quiet and work just as well for much less $$.
You get what you pay for and ya gotta roll with what makes you happy.

Honda products made in Japan and not in the CCP have served me extremely well and trouble free over many years. 👍🏻
 
You get what you pay for and ya gotta roll with what makes you happy.

Honda products made in Japan and not in the CCP have served me extremely well and trouble free over many years. 👍🏻
I'm a huge Honda fan. My current sxs is a Honda. I've had a Honda 2000 watt inverter generator in the past amd it worked fine. However, I don't think the honda generators are worth 4 times the price of the predators.
 
I'm a huge Honda fan. My current sxs is a Honda. I've had a Honda 2000 watt inverter generator in the past amd it worked fine. However, I don't think the honda generators are worth 4 times the price of the predators.

I understand, you gotta roll with what your budget allows and what makes you happy! 👍🏻
 
I'm a huge Honda fan. My current sxs is a Honda. I've had a Honda 2000 watt inverter generator in the past amd it worked fine. However, I don't think the honda generators are worth 4 times the price of the predators.
Unfortunately the Predator 3500 is still over 100lbs but great value. When I picked up my EU3000is considered the 3500 Predator but wife wasn’t keen on trying the new Hobo Freight generator offering at the time. It was only 1/2 the price of the Honda at that time though. My buddy bought the 3500 around the same time and has been happy with it but doesn’t use it as much as I use the Honda. We keep threatening to do a head to head but in 5 years still haven’t gotten to it, to many other mods to do first :ROFLMAO:.
 
Let's see your rigs, talk camping and share favorite campgrounds. Here's my current setup. Its a 25 FBT Airstream. It has 900lbs tounge weight and weighs around 7300lb fully loaded. The wife and I love to camp at corps of engineers campgrounds, our favorite is Indian creek on Mark Twain lake in Monroe city, MO. Camping so far with all the new influx of campers hasn't been bad so far.

View attachment 4197
View attachment 4199View attachment 4200
Sweet lookin' setup! Are those Morimoto LED headlights you have? If so, have you had any issues with them?
 
Your aussies 15? That's awesome Hopefully mine has just as long of life

Yes, I rescued him as a stray puppy in ‘08. He still gets runs around pretty good though it’s clear his hips hurt at times. Also his hearing is pretty limited.
 
Yes, I rescued him as a stray puppy in ‘08. He still gets runs around pretty good though it’s clear his hips hurt at times. Also his hearing is pretty limited.
Right on! I love this breed, don't see myself ever without one now
 
Gotta a call today from my local Northern Tool that my Honda EU3200i arrived a week early. Brought it home, fresh oil, fresh non-ethanol stabil treated gas and it fired right up. It’s a whisper quiet 💯 super light weight game changer.
⚡️Onward⚡️

IMG_8477.webp

IMG_8489.webp
IMG_8488.webp


IMG_8486.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8466.webp
    IMG_8466.webp
    545.7 KB · Views: 42
Gotta a call today from my local Northern Tool that my Honda EU3200i arrived a week early. Brought it home, fresh oil, fresh non-ethanol stabil treated gas and it fired right up. It’s a whisper quiet 💯 super light weight game changer.
⚡️Onward⚡️

View attachment 118923
View attachment 118920View attachment 118921

View attachment 118922
You will have to find something else to stuff on the tongue now... Looks like there's a bit of "lash" vs your previous genny :p
 
You will have to find something else to stuff on the tongue now... Looks like there's a bit of "lash" vs your previous genny :p
Ha..ya lash for sure 👍🏻 actually it won’t ride there while traveling under tow, it’s just too tempting a target for a snatch and run unless I bolt it down from the bottom. I am planning on a creative way to keep it locked down when it’s sitting in the cargo basket. A work in progress.
 
You’re gonna love your Honda generator, I’ve had mine for 4 years now, runs perfect. I run VP 4 cycle gas (stuff in a large can) in mine since it sits allot. FYI amsoil makes a small engine 10w30 oil, which is a good option for when your change your oil in it.
 
You’re gonna love your Honda generator, I’ve had mine for 4 years now, runs perfect. I run VP 4 cycle gas (stuff in a large can) in mine since it sits allot. FYI amsoil makes a small engine 10w30 oil, which is a good option for when your change your oil in it.
Thanks, I have owned 4 Honda inverters and they have all been stellar.

Honda eu7000is sold - replaced w/ 24KW Generac LNG whole house gen
Honda Handy 3000 -sold as I could not convert to LP
Honda eu3000is Tri fuel LP converted
Honda eu3200i -soon to be LP converted
 
Your AC BTU size will determine your Generator size for sure. I like the light weight 60# EU3200i and only having to pack and service and fuel one gen. Our Oliver is getting the new Truma 13500 BTU AC installed soon. Hence the need for the larger 3200i.
Hard to beat a Honda! 👍🏻
Our Winnebago has all Truma appliances and so far they work great.
 
Back
Top Bottom