Tremors and Campers let's talk camping!!

My ORV came with a Furrion but I rarely use it.
I just let my tail gunner watch my 6.

I have 6" drop - mine faces in the "up" position - I got 8" first and realized the shaft was 2" longer - they have 8" of actual adjustability - but the shaft is 10" long. So I went back to 6" drop shaft and used that instead, as I did not want it to stick up or down any further than 8". With 6" shaft tailgate still opens with it in up position with plenty of clearnace - with 8" it will be very close to touching, if not hitting - when in Up position.

My ATC toybox has 23" ball height when level - so with OEM set up I was in the first (lowest) position with the shaft facing up.

Weigh safe was happy to swap out my original - but I had to pay shipping back of my 8".

If you change your mind and go back to 6" - call them today - likely not shipped yet and they will switch it out.

My trailer height at level was 24", with my EQ4 WDH dropped to the lowest position on the shank I would get my ball to 25"ish....I figured that would be fine with my 7995 GVWR trailer, thought the trailer would make the truck squat a little and would be level. NOPE! Not sure if it's the extra spring or what, but my truck doesn't squat at all with the trailer hooked up.

Order a 6" drop 2.5" shank to replace the stock EQ one.
Thanks for the advice. I called Weigh Safe and cancelled my order for the 8" and then went ahead and reordered the 6" version. Hoping that it all works out, or I am throwing you two under the bus when I hear it from the better half :LOL:

Looks good I think. I may put it on my bike rack. Will have to see how it does there. So nice to see behind you though.
Yeah i figure it might be useful in a lane change situation and also helps me from hittin back wall when i back into the barn. So far i like it

Photo of over night stop for a bike ride to break up the trip to escape mud season in the mountains. Set up level without even disconnecting from truck. The 6.7l Tremor and my Momentum with the Gen Y torsion flex King Pin Box makes towing the 16,800 lb GVWR trailer a dream. 60-70 mph up the passes and smooth ride even on Arizona's bumpy, undulating roads. 60+ mph cross winds in Flagstaff with sleet - no problem.

20220402_080640.jpg
20220412_123244.jpg

What’s the pin weight on that thing?

Trying to figure out what I can get away with in mine and you’d think actual pin weights were tranny hookers in people’s closet or something.

Looking at one with a 2,700 dry weight expecting no 3300 payload on the truck. I hear either no problem or DRW only. No in between, all or none…

Anyone have a good source for 6v batteries?
I didn’t pull the batteries after winterizing and solar didn’t keep up with loss.

I’m glad to see someone else’s 21G sagging the Tremor a bit. When I get the Tremor level with the WD hitch, there is too much weight on the front wheels. Almost like I need an in between on the WD hitch. I just roll with it sagging some and it pulls like a dream.
I had a deposit on one of those, thinking according to the specs I could pull it with our Suburban. NO WAY! It was way overloaded, and we had to back out of the deal. That was back when they were practically giving them away...would have used it for 3 years and made money on that thing today too.

What’s the pin weight on that thing?

Trying to figure out what I can get away with in mine and you’d think actual pin weights were tranny hookers in people’s closet or something.

Looking at one with a 2,700 dry weight expecting no 3300 payload on the truck. I hear either no problem or DRW only. No in between, all or none…
3,052 depending on what's inside. FL380 Solitude

I had a deposit on one of those, thinking according to the specs I could pull it with our Suburban. NO WAY! It was way overloaded, and we had to back out of the deal. That was back when they were practically giving them away...would have used it for 3 years and made money on that thing today too.
We looked at this as well, when I have my 3.5EB F-150...dealership was like it'll be good......I did a little quick math and was like WHAT?

Does this have the office space? Would love to see some inside pictures if you don't mind.....also do you sell drugs? Brand new Tremor and Airstream! Lucky!
No, this is the pottery barn edition. The office is a flying cloud 30ft fbo. I can take some inside pic's if your still interested. No, just women. CHEAP!!

Last edited:
We looked at this as well, when I have my 3.5EB F-150...dealership was like it'll be good......I did a little quick math and was like WHAT?
Camper dealers will always say whatever "vehicle you have" will work....

Once you tow it off the lot, it is your problem, not theirs. :mad:

My tow vehicle for a 26' TT was a spongy-suspension Gen 2 Raptor which barely made it home. It had plenty of power with the 3.5 HO, but the max payload was only 1025 lbs and it swayed all over the road, even with a properly setup WDH. I quickly upgraded to the Tremor, and then, a much larger TT.

IMG_2213.JPEG

IMG_2840.JPEG

Last edited:
Camper dealers will always say whatever "vehicle you have" will work....

Once you tow it off the lot, it is your problem, not theirs. :mad:

My tow vehicle for a 26' TT was a spongy-suspension Gen 2 Raptor which barely made it home. It had plenty of power with the 3.5 HO, but the max payload was only 1025 lbs and it swayed all over the road, even with a properly setup WDH. I quickly upgraded to the Tremor, and then, a much larger TT.

View attachment 51128

View attachment 51129
I will give our dealer credit. They actually weighed the tongue of every unit before delivery, which in our case was about 30 percent more than what the brochure specs said and flagged the issue.

First Camping trip with our new rig. Cold up here in Michigan. De-winterized it just hours before pulling out of the driveway Wednesday afternoon. Muskegon (channel) state camp ground is very nice. We are right on the water and, being early season, have the place mostly to ourselves. Currently sipping Buffalo Trace Bourbon while listening to rain sing on the aluminum roof. Sun is out and high in the 70s tomorrow.
-2022 ATC 2917 Game Changer Pro Toy Hauler Travel Trailer.

Attachments

• 22.04.22_01.jpeg
    22.04.22_01.jpeg
    756.9 KB · Views: 88
  • 22.04.22_03.jpeg
    22.04.22_03.jpeg
    497.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 22.04.22_02.jpeg
    22.04.22_02.jpeg
    831 KB · Views: 87
Back