NordicNevs

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Military
USMC - former
Current Ride
Ram Rebel 1500 and 22 Tremor on order
Hey eveyone,

I’m towing a 2021 Grand Design Imagine 2910BH TT. Weighs in between 7500-9990 lbs empty Vs GVWR
I have a Fastway e2 WDH.
Everything is set up properly and level.
Tire pressure is 75 rear 70 front

The sway is and instability is just garbage.
This has been bad enough to where my kids feel carsick in the back seat.

I noticed for the 2023s in a TFL video they “changed the compound for better handling experiences”. Just curious did maybe they know something we don’t.

Anyway, been thinking tires are the weakest link here unfortunately. This is a bummer cause I like the tires a lot but am willing to change them out before next season.

Wanting ideas on this.

Which tires have you switched to? Better luck? Did you add a hellwig too?

Thanks

Attachments

• DCA31D61-9762-4638-A3CB-05568C36C83F.jpeg
    DCA31D61-9762-4638-A3CB-05568C36C83F.jpeg
    826.3 KB · Views: 152
  • CD9076CB-F846-4B3B-89B2-0E16EB23CADE.jpeg
    CD9076CB-F846-4B3B-89B2-0E16EB23CADE.jpeg
    356 KB · Views: 97
There are many examples of lighter, similar and heavier travel trailers pulling perfectly, stock tires, with and without WD hitches. It's not the tires. I pulled an 8760 pound 36' Cougar TT last summer for a friend because his truck was not available when the trailer came in. My truck was stock with stock tires with around 70 psi all around. I had no WD and all I could do was confirm proper tongue weight with my Weigh Safe hitch. Trailer pulled perfectly for over fifty miles in windy stormy conditions. Again lots of examples on the forum with great pulling experiences. You could have a front alignment issue. This has be found to be a problem on a few occasions that once corrected towing stability greatly improved. There are several likely causes, most of them are in the setup of the trailer.

Last edited:
Here's a thread that addresses the same issue you are describing. Lot of input from lots of folks. I have a couple entries in the thread, including the example I spoke of in the comment above on page three towards the bottom of the page.

I agree with all the above posts, I got to mention the duratrac s when new, will squirm and not feel planted at all until a few thousand miles when they are broke in.

This is probably it. I fill up my water tank on my GD before I pull it anywhere. It pulls much better with weight on the front of the trailer
Make sure you trailer is close to level, not nose high or tong low that will make a difference also and help save your trailer axles and tires.

I run mine at 55psi whether im hauling camper or not and havent had any issues with sway or nothin. I think my truck hauls amazing
Love hearing the good experiences. There are many factors that can make a trailer pull badly, and we have all experienced the brake-in process for our tires. But the tires are actually very good for pulling heavy loads, and they double as very good all terrains as well.

Running with lower pressures while towing and still having good stability is a great testament to the capabilities of the Duratracs. One thing I will add is make sure your tires aren't getting hot while towing with lower pressures. Heat is the enemy of tires. I keep an infrared temp gun handy when towing to check bearings/brakes/tires when I stop for gas. It's the best way to spot a problem before disaster strikes. Also if you can run well at higher pressures while towing, you will definitely improve your towing mileage.

People have a bad initial experience and jump on the "Duratracs are junk" band wagon without actually solving the real problem. Thanks for sharing your experience for the new folks especially. 🍻

I towed the same trailer and set up with my 2022 Cummins Megacab SRW and it did so much better than this thing….
The only variable that changed was the truck.

I towed the same trailer and set up with my 2022 Cummins Megacab SRW and it did so much better than this thing….
The only variable that changed was the truck.
That kinda makes sense, the tremor is an off-road oriented truck that sits up higher, has larger tires with a larger sidewall and no rear sway bar. if you want to tow a larger trailer comfortably, get a truck designed for that purpose not an off-road version. With that said, your truck will pull your trailer, you may have to make a few adjustments to get it to your standards. Did your ram have the air suspension?

Was it windy?

I have the same weight distribution set up as you with a similar sized travel trailer. If it is windy you definitely notice a lot of sway. It doesn’t take much wind either to feel it. When there is no wind it’s straight and smooth.

wow, he is asking for ideas of how to fix his issues and tires is one of his ideas. Some people seem to take offense that he suggests that something could be improved on the truck to fix the issue. I have the same issue with an enclosed car trailer. I pulled it empty and it was scary how much sway I experienced. I was unable to maintain highway speeds. Loaded lightly, all weight in the front of the trailer, helped the feel. Loaded heavy was better but it still swayed a lot. This trailer pulled great with my 2019 superduty regardless how it was loaded. I would love to know what the OP figures out. It sounds like he is not new to the world of pulling trailers.

Have you replaced the shocks yet? Some Bilsteins would make a big improvement. And different tires. The stock Goodyears are squishy. I run 20's with factory Michelins for most of the towing season and it's a much flatter, more stable tow than the Tremor wheels/tires.

I run mine at 55psi whether im hauling camper or not and havent had any issues with sway or nothin. I think my truck hauls amazing
20 psi lower than recommended......why ?

That kinda makes sense, the tremor is an off-road oriented truck that sits up higher, has larger tires with a larger sidewall and no rear sway bar. if you want to tow a larger trailer comfortably, get a truck designed for that purpose not an off-road version. With that said, your truck will pull your trailer, you may have to make a few adjustments to get it to your standards. Did your ram have the air suspension?
Totally agree with this. Just want to make even 10% better.
It did not have air ride.

Was it windy?

I have the same weight distribution set up as you with a similar sized travel trailer. If it is windy you definitely notice a lot of sway. It doesn’t take much wind either to feel it. When there is no wind it’s straight and smooth.
Yup there was a decent amount of wind the second time towing. The first time there wasn’t any but I got a new shank and dialed in the hitch a little better. It was better but the wind still made it rough. (10-15mph winds)

10% of trailer weight needs to be on the towball (bumper pull).
I have a 150 mile tow Friday. I loaded up the water (49 gallons) that should help some more. It did seem tongue light as compared to my other trailers.

Back