Tremor tires???

wow, he is asking for ideas of how to fix his issues and tires is one of his ideas. Some people seem to take offense that he suggests that something could be improved on the truck to fix the issue. I have the same issue with an enclosed car trailer. I pulled it empty and it was scary how much sway I experienced. I was unable to maintain highway speeds. Loaded lightly, all weight in the front of the trailer, helped the feel. Loaded heavy was better but it still swayed a lot. This trailer pulled great with my 2019 superduty regardless how it was loaded. I would love to know what the OP figures out. It sounds like he is not new to the world of pulling trailers.
I’ll keep ya posted sir

7k lb toy hauler with blue ox sway pro hitch. 75/80 psi in the tires and it pulls amazingly well. Running 7th/8th/9th gear and is smooth at 80mph. I'd check your setup/weight distribution again to see if something can be improved.

View attachment 102803
I’ll post up a photo this week

Have you replaced the shocks yet? Some Bilsteins would make a big improvement. And different tires. The stock Goodyears are squishy. I run 20's with factory Michelins for most of the towing season and it's a much flatter, more stable tow than the Tremor wheels/tires.
I haven’t touched anything just yet. I do think the tremor shocks I have now have the dreaded “clunk” so that could be a worn shock already.
Tired will be after this winter. I won’t be towing much other than my smaller utility trailer and these tires are good to go for that. Hopefully I’ll have a solid set up this spring.

That said I do plan on addressing my trailer tires. They are generally weaker side walls and I want to move up in rating to the next level. This will help with the trailer movement as well.

Not quitting on this. I’ll try different things.

That said I do plan on addressing my trailer tires. They are generally weaker side walls and I want to move up in rating to the next level. This will help with the trailer movement as well.

Not quitting on this. I’ll try different things.
I was going to suggest this too. Make sure if you go up a level on the trailer tires, you get the uprated stems as well. Better trailer tires will help some with stability, it did on my 26' camper for sure.

20 psi lower than recommended......why ?
I think they ride better and smoother. 70 psi on an empty truck is just too much. it will cause cupping and irregular tire wear since there isn't enough weight on them. and when I haul my camper its only probably 1200 lbs. of tongue weight on the back so really not heavy enough to justify running them at max psi either. now if i had a fifth wheel i would run them higher pressure since there is a lot more weight on the tires.

I had the same problem, my GD TT towed like complete garbage with sway. I finally pulled over and turned off the ford built in sway control and it was smooth as could be after that.

I think they ride better and smoother. 70 psi on an empty truck is just too much. it will cause cupping and irregular tire wear since there isn't enough weight on them. and when I haul my camper its only probably 1200 lbs. of tongue weight on the back so really not heavy enough to justify running them at max psi either. now if i had a fifth wheel i would run them higher pressure since there is a lot more weight on the tires.
Tires wearing well at this inflation? We have a similar weight on our Airstream as you do. Picking up the truck Saturday. Will be good to gauge a solid starting position. Did you have to Forscan the suggested/range so it’s not tossing TPMS warnings?

Tires wearing well at this inflation? We have a similar weight on our Airstream as you do. Picking up the truck Saturday. Will be good to gauge a solid starting position. Did you have to Forscan the suggested/range so it’s not tossing TPMS warnings?
i got a little over 12k miles on them and they seem to be wearing evenly so far. i need to check it on my dirt road once and see how the pattern looks. the farthest i hauled my camper last year was 300 miles one way and towed amazing, no shaking and smooth as glass at 80mph. i did change the tpms in forscan but dont remember what i put it too. im thinking like 45 or 50psi

Ok update

49 gal of fresh water
80 psi rear
70 front
Not much weight in the bed. Maybe 100lbs and 300 in the cargo bay

Moderate to heavy winds today (90 miles of which were cross winds).

Significantly better overall even with the wind. 6/10 with the cross winds. Once we got out of the windy areas it was 8/10 which is good enough for me.

Far better than the 3/10 under all situations before.

I was tongue heavy but it helped.

Attachments

• FAB4CD75-0998-44AC-AAA0-B14D9D595BE7.jpeg
    FAB4CD75-0998-44AC-AAA0-B14D9D595BE7.jpeg
    702.5 KB · Views: 17
Have you replaced the shocks yet? Some Bilsteins would make a big improvement. And different tires. The stock Goodyears are squishy. I run 20's with factory Michelins for most of the towing season and it's a much flatter, more stable tow than the Tremor wheels/tires.i have been thinking of that set up. Do you have pictures

Have you replaced the shocks yet? Some Bilsteins would make a big improvement. And different tires. The stock Goodyears are squishy. I run 20's with factory Michelins for most of the towing season and it's a much flatter, more stable tow than the Tremor wheels/tires.
I have been thinking of running Michelins on 20's during summer. Would you happen to have pictures of your set-up?

I pull a 21G Momentum with the Fastway E2 sway/WD with the square bars.. While not as long, it’s definitely just as heavy. The first thing I swapped on my trailer was putting on Goodyear Endurance tires.

With my sway/WD hitch, I notice to be perfect, I’m in between settings. I run slightly nose down on the trailer. My trailer has a lot of weight that moves from the beginning to the ending of the trip. I’ve pulled a few times with the 100 gallons in the fresh tanks (300 miles through the Rockies) and it towed great. The biggest thing I see is when the toy hauler fuel tank has over half a tank of fuel in it and empty fresh tanks. That adds a bit of weigh to the tail of the trailer and does increase sway and porpoising. Not to the point where it is scary but it is noticeable. It seems the combo of sway/WD, the tall truck and tongue weight play a lot into it.

I’m running stock tires as well and usually run 70-75 in the rear and 65-70 in the fronts when towing. I’ve really got no complaints about it.

Latest Discussions

Back