Ford Customer-placed Trailer Camera + TPMS kit for 2023?

I have a 2020 F250 and I am looking at the backup camera tpms kit. I can't figure out if I need the LC3Z-1A189-A or LC3Z-1A189-D. I do not have the 5th wheel kit on my truck. I see one is with YAM prep and one is without? First how do I know if I have the YAM sensor which I believe I don't need since I am just hauling a 29' bumper pull snowmobile trailer. Can either kit work if I don't have the YAM sensor?
I think that you mean yaw sensor.

Do you have Pro Trailer Backup Assist? i.e. Do you have a knob on the dashboard to steer the trailer with. If so, you need the -A and if not you need the -D. The yaw sensor is part of PTBA and the -A kit will have a connector for that.

And BTW, I connected my 2024 Platinum Tremor to my trailer that has the TPMS and camera kit that came with my 2022 XLT standard cab dually (sync3) and it seemed to work fine.

Partial update but really the part that’s relevant for this audience: installed the kit and it was very easy. Snap-in replacement for the 7/4 pin wiring harness plug in the bumper. Tested the camera and it works immediately and easily. Very helpful instructions that were basically unnecessary but reassuring at the F150 lightning forum. The key info is:

Step 2: Order parts. I used Full Kit Part# LC3Z-1A189-A. The LC3Z kits are for a F-250, but it worked just fine. There's also part numbers for the F-150 specific and will start with ML3Z. The part number is the same "1A189" It's just ML3Z vs LC3Z to indicate F-150 vs F-250. SoML3Z-1A189-A is the exact same kit with a different part number.

The last letter will dictate whether it's TPMS only, Camera only, TPMS+Camera, or Yaw Sensor or not. The plug replacement is the same for all of them, only the harness and accompanying modules differs. My "A" kit accommodates all of the modules and included everything but the yaw sensor (aka w/ Pro Backup Assist)

"A" is Cam + TPMS w/ Yaw Prep
"B" is TPMS w/ Yaw Prep
"C" is Cam w/ Yaw Prep
"D" is Cam + TPMS w/o Yaw Prep
"E" is TPMS w/o yaw Prep
"F" is Cam w/o yaw Prep

Next up for me is wiring this into my airstream in a way that’s not ugly and adding in the TPMS and Yaw setup to test the whole thing. I’ll share the final runthru video when it’s all set up! The image quality and just convenience of the setup is going to be hard to beat - you can split screen the new rear cam (left image in attachment) with the existing trailer / side mirror camera (right image) all on the big display.
My 2024 Truck has gooseneck prep from the factory, and in the bed there a 7 pin and below it the camera/tpms port
It does not have the PRO BACKUP option
On the bumper it has the 7 pin and a 4 pin.

If I want to add TPMS and a Camera, do I order the "LC3Z-1A189-D" ?

when I looked up the pn at FORD, I saw this note:
To add the Customer Placed Trailer Camera and TPMS kit to a vehicle as an accessory (post-delivery), the vehicle must be equipped with the Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera System (874) and Sync 3/4.

So does it matter that I do not have the Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera System?

Last edited:
when I looked up the pn at FORD, I saw this note:
To add the Customer Placed Trailer Camera and TPMS kit to a vehicle as an accessory (post-delivery), the vehicle must be equipped with the Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera System (874) and Sync 3/4.

So does it matter that I do not have the Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera System?
Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera System does not even exist for MY24 and 874 is the 360-Degree Camera Package. Do you have that? What trim level do you have?

Lariat, I have several camera views, front, side, bed, etc, but dont recall a 360 camera package

Last edited:
OK, I stand corrected, per the window sticker it has a 360 camera as standard equip.

Last edited:
So what kit fits, the D?

So what kit fits, the D?
My guess is that any of the kits will work. Both of my trucks have PTBA so I don't have any experience with the -D kit. I am guessing that the difference between the PTBA and non PTBA kits is just the connector for the yaw sensor. I do not know why they say it only works up to 2022 and don't have a kit with camera and TPMS for 23 and on. All I know for sure is that the kit that came with my 2022 truck seems to work with my 2024 truck.

Back