Tremor owners with dogs, a thread for keeping the truck like new.

Has anyone built a platform in the back of the cab for their furry friends? I just ordered a 5-step "dog ladder" so that my 9-year old Yellow Lab can climb in more easily and to protect hips and joints. I am thinking of building a platform in the back that would be level with the rear seats (the 60 of the 60/40 foldup) and then put one the above listed blankets or hammock on top.

After looking up many of the options and reading what you guys recommended , I ended up getting the 4Knines XL for the backseat. Fits pretty good, will see how it holds up, seems well made.

After looking up many of the options and reading what you guys recommended , I ended up getting the 4Knines XL for the backseat. Fits pretty good, will see how it holds up, seems well made.
Been running that 4Knines for 18 months with a 105 pound lab, no issues at all.

I just bought 3. I have the seat hammock from Amazon above but it doesn't take much for any of them to step over it and be in the front seats. I will be using them later this month. View attachment 11095
Great pic and great looking pups!

This covers entire back seat.......seats up or down....only the doors remain exposed......Amazon 39 bucks.......installs in seconds
how's it holding up?

Has anyone tried the Orvis brand for their dogs? Curious how it would hold up?
been meaning to buy one for a week now, bigger than my kurgo one

Has anyone built a platform in the back of the cab for their furry friends? I just ordered a 5-step "dog ladder" so that my 9-year old Yellow Lab can climb in more easily and to protect hips and joints. I am thinking of building a platform in the back that would be level with the rear seats (the 60 of the 60/40 foldup) and then put one the above listed blankets or hammock on top.
I know I’m like a month late but I bought 2 of these and they work well. It fits tight front/back and there is maybe 8” of space on one end which works for me because I can store leashes or a backpack there. I then put a hammock on top. My shepherd seems to really prefer this to riding on the floor.

Reactions: Gus
I bought these steps for my dog and man - that was way too easy. It took 6 dog treats to train her to climb in and out.

maxpama Extra Wide Aluminum Folding Dog Ramp for Large Dogs
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B098SWRC16 (not an affiliate link!!!!)

They do not fit perfectly, but I will add a crossbar where the handles are so that it lays flat on the seat. PS: I doubt they will handle a 200 lb dog. I am 160 lb and it started cracking and aiching, but hey - the dog is 70 lb and this will do the trick for me. They fold nicely and fit perfectly between the backseat and front seat on the floor.

Reactions: Gus
I know I’m like a month late but I bought 2 of these and they work well. It fits tight front/back and there is maybe 8” of space on one end which works for me because I can store leashes or a backpack there. I then put a hammock on top. My shepherd seems to really prefer this to riding on the floor.

That's interesting! I ended up going with a foldable platform but would've given this some thought had I known it existed!!

PXL_20220913_211908350.jpg

I was looking at this, but then my Corgi wouldn't be able get back in back seat. Though at 8 years old I am not sure how much longer he will be able to.

For people that got the Knines, their marketing is absolutely atrocious, use a bogus or anonymous email if you can.

I was looking at this, but then my Corgi wouldn't be able get back in back seat. Though at 8 years old I am not sure how much longer he will be able to.

For people that got the Knines, their marketing is absolutely atrocious, use a bogus or anonymous email if you can.
My post above is used for two corgis. We either lift them in or use a ramp..
They love it because then they can still "supervise" us from the back seat.

Do they cover the middle seat in the rear or how wide are they?

Has anyone tried the Orvis brand for their dogs? Curious how it would hold up?
I have had two of the Orvis brand covers, and one of the Amazon brands.

The first Orvis one was not a hammock style, we got it from my father in law, and it worked well in other trucks but I wanted hammock style when I got my Fords.
The Amazon one lasted one use... it was cheap and poorly sewn. Then I just sprung for the Orvis hammock one and it's been great. You definitely get what you pay for in the construction, no complaints there with the fabric quality and sewing quality.

These aren't the best pictures but it shows the mesh center option, which I got because it still allows the rear HVAC vents to flow towards the back. It also shows why I like the hammock option - we can still stuff the interior of the cab with stuff and keep it mostly separated from the dog

Goose in Orvis.jpg

Goose in Orvis 2.jpg

I have had two of the Orvis brand covers, and one of the Amazon brands.

The first Orvis one was not a hammock style, we got it from my father in law, and it worked well in other trucks but I wanted hammock style when I got my Fords.
The Amazon one lasted one use... it was cheap and poorly sewn. Then I just sprung for the Orvis hammock one and it's been great. You definitely get what you pay for in the construction, no complaints there with the fabric quality and sewing quality.

These aren't the best pictures but it shows the mesh center option, which I got because it still allows the rear HVAC vents to flow towards the back. It also shows why I like the hammock option - we can still stuff the interior of the cab with stuff and keep it mostly separated from the dog

View attachment 107622
View attachment 107623

Exact same one the wife and I have for both our rides. Spring for the Orvis ya'll you won't be dissapointed.

LOL the last pic looks like Lucy when we are packed up and headed to Auburn for a game day weekend.

Glad I stumbled on this thread. Some great ideas. For now we are limiting our year old Golden Doodle to my wife’s Expedition since we will be trading it in a year or so. We have a hammock like cover but is a pain we want to use the third row seating and the center console is left unprotected.

Back