Tremor Owners Who Have A PASSION FOR MOTORCYCLES

I couldn’t ride a motorcycle out of sight on a dark night, but I love bike racing. I think the greatest was Mick Doohan on the Honda NSR 500, because it was such a difficult bike to ride and he won 5 world championships on one. But I greatly admire Valentino Rossi and the current world champion Marc Marquez. The guy has amazing talent and the lean angles he gets away with are insane. Grand Prix bike racing is bloody fast & exciting
4EE45B35-709C-414C-B1C3-0081B0F15206.png
and these guys that ride them might be small but they have balls the size of melons

This photo of Doohan sideways on the back wheel on the 500 is a classic.

I was pretty much born on 2 wheels. But most of my time was spent on dirt bikes and racing them in my teens and twenties.

Off the top of my head..trying to put them in chronological order.

Frame with lawnmower engine
Honda CT 70
Yamaha YZ 50
76 Suzuki RM 250 (first year model)
84 Honda CR 125
70 sumthin Honda big ass air cooled, left kick start Honda 480 Elsinore
88 Suzuki RM 250

Only had one street bike.
83 or 84 Suzuki GS 750. I crashed this when I was about 24 years old and that was the last time I was on two wheels on the pavement.

Last edited:
I grew up on dirt bikes and raced them into my early 20's. At that time I switched to riding street bikes and at the suggestion of a close friend, decided to race. I raced for several years and did "track days." Was fortunate enough to be a coach on the track for a couple of years as well. Certainly no Rossi, Hayden, Duhamel, or anything close. But I can say that I raced with and met some of the best the sport has to offer. I was fortunate enough to race on Daytona several times and other great tracks across the country, and scored a few mementos as well! Love all types of riding!

I've owned several bikes, mostly crotch rockets when I was younger. This photo is from about 20 years when I bought my first brand new bike (Honda CBR600RR). This was after having a couple of used ones to learn on (Ninja ZX-6, 900rr). I haven't been much into it the last 10 years or so. Not as fun riding out here in Austin with all the traffic as it was back in New Mexico having the mountains right there.

dan-honda-600rr.jpeg

I am a 2 wheel junky, yes that is in my basement for winter

View attachment 7293
Bad ass Fat Boy. Is that a Screaming Eagle. What year. She’s got a lot of Chrome in her. You know the saying
Chrome won’t get you home
But sure as shit It’ll get you laid
With all the Hottys wanting a ride.
Thanks for sharing. I’m liking you more and more my man. ??✌️??????????

Have a huge passion for anything with an engine. currently I don't have anything with 2 wheels but I have in the past - I've had 1200 custom sportster, fatboys and night train (all Harley-Davidson). I'm always on the hunt for the limited edition Badboy they made in the mid to late 90's (it was basically a Springer with painted forks - they only made them for two years). I'll have to start a sport car post... currently have a 2009 Z06... love that car - only drive it on nice days (never see the rain) currently has less than 20k miles on it.

Have a huge passion for anything with an engine. currently I don't have anything with 2 wheels but I have in the past - I've had 1200 custom sportster, fatboys and night train (all Harley-Davidson). I'm always on the hunt for the limited edition Badboy they made in the mid to late 90's (it was basically a Springer with painted forks - they only made them for two years). I'll have to start a sport car post... currently have a 2009 Z06... love that car - only drive it on nice days (never see the rain) currently has less than 20k miles on it.
Bikes in garage with Shelby Gt500
Rhino with my pups that are now watching over me.
Custom built by Rick Fearless (Sold).
Me and Jim his last ride before passing (Damn I miss him) cold November in Wyoming high was 24 out. Best day ever.

Attachments

• 20190630_134048.jpg
    20190630_134048.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 38
  • AD.JPG
    AD.JPG
    246.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Frew (2).jpg
    Frew (2).jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Lucy Girl (64).jpg
    Lucy Girl (64).jpg
    309.9 KB · Views: 42
Bikes in garage with Shelby Gt500
Rhino with my pups that are now watching over me.
Custom built by Rick Fearless (Sold).
Me and Jim his last ride before passing (Damn I miss him) cold November in Wyoming high was 24 out. Best day ever.
Sick collection plus it’s great to see who all of you are. Sick collection my man.

Bones my man. You cool bastard. Love getting to know my brothers. Start that thread for sport cars. I’m interested in seeing everyone’s collection ??✌️?????????

I have a supercharged Chevy for sale.
32k on new motor and 4L80 transmission.

Attachments

• 20200517_172027.jpg
    20200517_172027.jpg
    438.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Lil Red 8.jpg
    Lil Red 8.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 20200821_180416.jpg
    20200821_180416.jpg
    386.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Lil Red 5.jpg
    Lil Red 5.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 13
Great idea for a thread Iron Man! Love getting to know a little more about the great people on this site! ?????
Big Red with Big Motor. Mercedes 550 HP Allison Transmission

Attachments

• 20190609_195906.jpg
    20190609_195906.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 27
  • 20180626_125328.jpg
    20180626_125328.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 23
  • Big Red 6.jpeg
    Big Red 6.jpeg
    513.3 KB · Views: 25
Here is my z06 and ‘65 Chevy. Unfortunately the Chevy is now gone... sold it to a guy that will properly restore it.

Attachments

• 94283D18-1193-47C3-B41F-2A2950AC2559.jpeg
    94283D18-1193-47C3-B41F-2A2950AC2559.jpeg
    542.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 06A5D9E2-4E83-48BA-A4C0-C65769BA3AA0.jpeg
    06A5D9E2-4E83-48BA-A4C0-C65769BA3AA0.jpeg
    461.5 KB · Views: 22
I couldn’t ride a motorcycle out of sight on a dark night, but I love bike racing. I think the greatest was Mick Doohan on the Honda NSR 500, because it was such a difficult bike to ride and he won 5 world championships on one. But I greatly admire Valentino Rossi and the current world champion Marc Marquez. The guy has amazing talent and the lean angles he gets away with are insane. Grand Prix bike racing is bloody fast & exciting View attachment 7280and these guys that ride them might be small but they have balls the size of melons

This photo of Doohan sideways on the back wheel on the 500 is a classic.
Love Mick Doohan. Not much of a fan of current motogp with all the new electronic aids the riders have. Mat Mladin was my favorite rider since he mostly raced in the US and we could go see him ride. He dominated for nearly a decade. Scott Russell was also badass and could have been a legend but unfortunately had his career cut too short.

Love Mick Doohan. Not much of a fan of current motogp with all the new electronic aids the riders have. Mat Mladin was my favorite rider since he mostly raced in the US and we could go see him ride. He dominated for nearly a decade. Scott Russell was also badass and could have been a legend but unfortunately had his career cut too short.
Yes, Mat Mladin was great to see racing. I saw him racing in the Australian Superbike championship before he headed off to the US. I don’t know why he didn’t succeed in the world superbike championship. Or go up to Grand Prix racing. Another rider who was exciting to watch in world super bikes was Anthony Gobert. His battle with Aaron Slight at Phillip Island in 1996 is one of my all time favourites in any form of racing anywhere. Such a pity he got into drugs and ruined his career. A waste of great talent.

Another great race was at Hockenheim between Wayne Rainey and Kevin Schwartz. Rainey was leading on the last lap, with a small gap back to Kevin. Then Kevin did one of his famous demon late braking moves. At 300kmh at the last possible moment, he grabs the brakes. The back wheel lifts well clear of the ground and as the whole weight of rider and bike pivots on the front wheel,the handlebars shake wildly as he dives down under Wayne, outbrakes him, takes the lead and the corner and wins the race. Stunning.

2 other great races were the Australian Grand Prix in 1989 and 1990 won by Wayne Gardner. Lots of lead changes, great racing. I was greatly saddened when Wayne Rainey crashed and was paralysed. He was such a great racer, a good bloke and even though I was obviously going for Wayne Gardner, Mick Doohan and the other Aussies, I couldn’t help but admire and like Wayne Rainey and Kevin Schwartz.

The days when Australians and Americans dominated Grand Prix racing are now gone. There’s not a single American and only one Australian currently in Motogp. Still, the racing is great and when you have riders like Marquez leaving nothing on the table he is just so exciting to watch. Rossi apparently said Doohan was the master because he could tame the wild 500’s, which were so much harder to ride than the 4 strokes. I guess we will never know how the current crop of riders would fare on the bikes that Doohan and the others rode.

Yes, Mat Mladin was great to see racing. I saw him racing in the Australian Superbike championship before he headed off to the US. I don’t know why he didn’t succeed in the world superbike championship. Or go up to Grand Prix racing. Another rider who was exciting to watch in world super bikes was Anthony Gobert. His battle with Aaron Slight at Phillip Island in 1996 is one of my all time favourites in any form of racing anywhere. Such a pity he got into drugs and ruined his career. A waste of great talent.

Another great race was at Hockenheim between Wayne Rainey and Kevin Schwartz. Rainey was leading on the last lap, with a small gap back to Kevin. Then Kevin did one of his famous demon late braking moves. At 300kmh at the last possible moment, he grabs the brakes. The back wheel lifts well clear of the ground and as the whole weight of rider and bike pivots on the front wheel,the handlebars shake wildly as he dives down under Wayne, outbrakes him, takes the lead and the corner and wins the race. Stunning.

2 other great races were the Australian Grand Prix in 1989 and 1990 won by Wayne Gardner. Lots of lead changes, great racing. I was greatly saddened when Wayne Rainey crashed and was paralysed. He was such a great racer, a good bloke and even though I was obviously going for Wayne Gardner, Mick Doohan and the other Aussies, I couldn’t help but admire and like Wayne Rainey and Kevin Schwartz.

The days when Australians and Americans dominated Grand Prix racing are now gone. There’s not a single American and only one Australian currently in Motogp. Still, the racing is great and when you have riders like Marquez leaving nothing on the table he is just so exciting to watch. Rossi apparently said Doohan was the master because he could tame the wild 500’s, which were so much harder to ride than the 4 strokes. I guess we will never know how the current crop of riders would fare on the bikes that Doohan and the others rode.
I totally forgot about the Go Show and Aaron Slight! Two great riders. I was excited to see Ben Spies move up to GP. A young Texan with an aggressive riding style but his career was also cut short due to injury. Wayne Rainey was at the end of his career when I really got into motorbike ricing so I never saw too many of his races. Rossi and Marquez definitely are talented riders and legends of their own era. We watched a lot of AMA racing since we could go to many of the races. Laguna Seca is probably one of the best.

Latest Discussions

Back