Tremor on 37s with carli backcountry rub

MIXDEMOTIONSFOX

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2024 F250
I have a 2024 F250 Tremor that I did the Carli back country kit on it with the camber bushings for upper ball joints. If Im turning about 1/4 of the way left or right and hit a bump the tires will rub the little plastic numb on bottom of inner fender.
Truck has 37x12.50r18 Toyo open country at3 on it. Race line wheels 18x9 zero offset.
Question is the bushings rolled the spindle back a bit. THe springs are in a bind as well. Because the axle is not rolled back like it would if had radius arms. Just the knuckle is. If I where to put carli radius arms on it and stock ball joint bushing in it do you think it would roll axle forward enough to fix it?
IMG_6389.jpeg
IMG_6331.jpeg

possibly. the '24 should use the 1* shims max, not the 2*
i would do radius arms. carli is supposedly working on radius arm drops for the leveling systems.
the 0 offset on the wheels is really the issue

I have a 2024 F250 Tremor that I did the Carli back country kit on it with the camber bushings for upper ball joints. If Im turning about 1/4 of the way left or right and hit a bump the tires will rub the little plastic numb on bottom of inner fender.
Truck has 37x12.50r18 Toyo open country at3 on it. Race line wheels 18x9 zero offset.
Question is the bushings rolled the spindle back a bit. THe springs are in a bind as well. Because the axle is not rolled back like it would if had radius arms. Just the knuckle is. If I were to put carli radius arms on it and stock ball joint bushing in it do you think it would roll axle forward enough to fix it?View attachment 154534View attachment 154535
One Up Offroad offers radius arm drop brackets. Both work with stock shims and will give you 5 degrees castor on a leveled truck. One of the offerings allows you to adjust the axle position to center the wheel to the fender for clearance.

possibly. the '24 should use the 1* shims max, not the 2*
i would do radius arms. carli is supposedly working on radius arm drops for the leveling systems.
the 0 offset on the wheels is really the issue
Its not a bad rub. Just a tad. Maybe by getting some of coil spring bind out of springs it will sit a tad higher as well and stop issue too

Zero offset wheels will rub the outside lip of the fender liners as you've moved the outside arc of the tire almost 2" from stock (40mm = 1.57"). No need to get radius arms or drops (they do look pretty sweet though), you can fix it with very minor trimming.

Get to trimming!

Time to trim. A wise man once said "the 1st cut is the hardest, the 2nd is the largest."

Unless you've lowered the bump stop (ie, limited the up-travel) you haven't really done anything to allow for running larger tires. In fact, you've probably taken a step back by running a zero-offset wheel. But, the truck does look great!

Last edited:
It’s your wheels. The farther out from the steering pivot point the wheels protrude the worse problems they create with rubbing, not the other way around like most folks think. The extra inch of wheel width over stock is contributing too.

I have a stock ‘21 Tremor with 37x12.5x18 Toyo RT Trails on the stock wheels, and I have zero rubbing. Sounds weird since I lack your lift and your ‘23+ radius arms, but it is your 0 offset, 9” wide wheels compared to my +40 offset, 8” wide stockers causing the problem.

Never seems to amaze all the problems this kinda stuff leads to! 🤦

Zero offset wheels will rub the outside lip of the fender liners as you've moved the outside arc of the tire almost 2" from stock (40mm = 1.57"). No need to get radius arms or drops (they do look pretty sweet though), you can fix it with very minor trimming.
Talked to my carli sales rep today and he said the 2024s have an updated axle dust cover that rubs on the axle housing when you roll the spindle back with the bushings.
I told them to go ahead and send out the radius arms. What the heck at this point whats another $1500. LOL

Most definitely the offset of the wheels is the largest culprit here. Even though I don't really need them, I plan to get the Carli radius arms within the next year as well.

Most definitely the offset of the wheels is the largest culprit here. Even though I don't really need them, I plan to get the Carli radius arms within the next year as well.
Carli shipped mine today. I called them and was talking to them about it. I told them truck heads out in 3 weeks for a 3k mile trip and wanted to see if I could get them on by then. Said with the offset its pretty common to have to do a little trimming. They also claimed that the 2024s have an updated front axle seal that rubs and grinds when using the caster shims on the ball joints some times. I have been hearing a noise from time to time in slow driving in town. They think its because the seals are rubbing. I just pulled the trigger since Im a dealer and get a little bit of a discount. Hopefully get them installed next week

Carli shipped mine today. I called them and was talking to them about it. I told them truck heads out in 3 weeks for a 3k mile trip and wanted to see if I could get them on by then. Said with the offset its pretty common to have to do a little trimming. They also claimed that the 2024s have an updated front axle seal that rubs and grinds when using the caster shims on the ball joints some times. I have been hearing a noise from time to time in slow driving in town. They think its because the seals are rubbing. I just pulled the trigger since Im a dealer and get a little bit of a discount. Hopefully get them installed next week
did you ask them about the radius arm drop status?

Back