Tremor Dogs! Let’s See Um!

Waylon & Willie hanging out the window and Lenny & Murray in the background.

Attachments

• IMG_0710.jpeg
    IMG_0710.jpeg
    290.5 KB · Views: 22
One more thing I forgot to mention in my last posts. I’m guessing that most of you are familiar with the mail order pet company Chewy. Well a few days before we lost Cricket, I had placed and received a fairly substantial order for some glucosamine treats and a few other things that our old pup loved. We hadn’t touched any of it yet, so I reached out to them (via email because I was in no shape at the time to talk to anyone about losing my dog) to see if I could return the items. A short time later I checked my email and found that I had a credit on my credit card for the amount of my order. The next email was from a representative at Chewy who passed along condolences and said that they had refunded me for the items and then asked if I could donate them to somewhere locally. I already had a pile of stuff going to the local animal shelter, so I happily donated the medicine and treats to a good cause.

My wife and I were blown away by the kindness and compassion they showed us. So a few days go by and I come home to a box on our front porch that says open immediately, and isn’t it an assortment of a dozen roses and a sympathy message from the folks at Chewy. Above and beyond as far as I’m concerned.

So the reason I wanted to share this story was to let all of you pet lovers know that Chewy is a solid company with employees who actually show care and compassion. We are currently pet less so we won’t be supporting them at the moment, but I can guarantee that when the time comes to add a new dog to our home, I’ll be ordering some of not all of my pet needs from them. (Disclaimer, I have zero connection to nor financial or other interests in this company. I just wanted to pass it along.)

One more thing I forgot to mention in my last posts. I’m guessing that most of you are familiar with the mail order pet company Chewy. Well a few days before we lost Cricket, I had placed and received a fairly substantial order for some glucosamine treats and a few other things that our old pup loved. We hadn’t touched any of it yet, so I reached out to them (via email because I was in no shape at the time to talk to anyone about losing my dog) to see if I could return the items. A short time later I checked my email and found that I had a credit on my credit card for the amount of my order. The next email was from a representative at Chewy who passed along condolences and said that they had refunded me for the items and then asked if I could donate them to somewhere locally. I already had a pile of stuff going to the local animal shelter, so I happily donated the medicine and treats to a good cause.

My wife and I were blown away by the kindness and compassion they showed us. So a few days go by and I come home to a box on our front porch that says open immediately, and isn’t it an assortment of a dozen roses and a sympathy message from the folks at Chewy. Above and beyond as far as I’m concerned.

So the reason I wanted to share this story was to let all of you pet lovers know that Chewy is a solid company with employees who actually show care and compassion. We are currently pet less so we won’t be supporting them at the moment, but I can guarantee that when the time comes to add a new dog to our home, I’ll be ordering some of not all of my pet needs from them. (Disclaimer, I have zero connection to nor financial or other interests in this company. I just wanted to pass it along.)
I had a similar experience with Chewy that fortunately didn't involve a pet passing away. I mistakenly ordered some toys that were the incorrect size for my dog. I inquired about returning them, and they said they would send the correct toys, no need to return the others, to please donate. Exactly what I did! Chewy is great!

Something else, my dog health insurance is going up 28% per month next month. Zero claims EVER! It's not just truck insurance, it's any kind of insurance. The entire insurance industry is off the hook. The biggest reason are the amount of frivolous lawsuits brought by lawfirms who spend millions on TV and billboard advertisements and those same lawyers who pocket sometimes 50% of the settlement but no less than 30%. I'm fine I am in the senior part of my life, don't think I could deal with what the younger generations will have to endure.

Something else, my dog health insurance is going up 28% per month next month. Zero claims EVER! It's not just truck insurance, it's any kind of insurance. The entire insurance industry is off the hook. The biggest reason are the amount of frivolous lawsuits brought by lawfirms who spend millions on TV and billboard advertisements and those same lawyers who pocket sometimes 50% of the settlement but no less than 30%. I'm fine I am in the senior part of my life, don't think I could deal with what the younger generations will have to endure.
Oddly my auto insurance is going down by a couple hundred at renewal in July.

For the pets, that's why I use care credit. It's predatory but it doesn't cost me anything when I'm not using it and their 0% for up to 18mo is plenty of time to cover a situation and pay it off, or at least pay it down to a point where I can comfortably offload it on to a credit account or or squash any remainder.

Oddly my auto insurance is going down by a couple hundred at renewal in July.

For the pets, that's why I use care credit. It's predatory but it doesn't cost me anything when I'm not using it and their 0% for up to 18mo is plenty of time to cover a situation and pay it off, or at least pay it down to a point where I can comfortably offload it on to a credit account or or squash any remainder.
Thank you for this useful information!! I have Care credit, but never used it.

Thank you for this useful information!! I have Care credit, but never used it.
My wife was even able to use it for a pricy LANAP periodontal treatment of which insurance would only cover a very small portion.

Last edited:
Back