Transmission CSP 21B03 - Planetary Gear Replacement in 10 Speed

TSB 23-2160 https://www.tsbsearch.com/Ford/23-2160

Symptoms are more than just loss of 10th gear from reading my previous posts. It's the stuck in 10th after coming to stop that is the dangerous part Ford should issue recall for and get all these affected trucks with the 10R140 transmissions with "old" style CDF in them repaired regardless of mileage and if out of warranty.

Thanks for posting, havent seen this specific issue posted before. My trans was replaced shortly after new on my 2020 due to a TC leak, supposedly with an "updated" trans. Would be nice to know if it included this new drum. I did get an extended 100k warranty to cover the drivetrain as I do like the truck, just dont totally trust some of the first year drivetrain. Mine is actually shifting pretty good but only 20k on it.

Thanks for posting, havent seen this specific issue posted before. My trans was replaced shortly after new on my 2020 due to a TC leak, supposedly with an "updated" trans. Would be nice to know if it included this new drum. I did get an extended 100k warranty to cover the drivetrain as I do like the truck, just dont totally trust some of the first year drivetrain. Mine is actually shifting pretty good but only 20k on it.
I complained about mine when it was new. But, dealer just gave me run around. This must be common issue for Ford to redesign that drum. Same thing is happening in the 10R180.

I would like to know when they changed it. There's a 2021 with that issue in yt video. But, truck could have be built in some time in 2020.

Back